McCain's Flag Thread and Poll

How long should the WH Flag remain at half mast to honor democrat double agent Juan McCain?

• 24 hours

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 48 hours

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • 72 hours

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Until Trump is Impeached

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Ask Uncle Vlad

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I'm apoplectic that the flag was only lowered for 48 hours! IMPEACH!!!!

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
I was told you lower the flag to half staff at the post office this morning. I got busy and later they asked if I had done it. No was the answer. Oh, well you don't have to according to the main office. I guess I missed the third message.

I wonder how the Trump supporters feel about Trump caving in to public pressure?
Can't this White House do the simplest things without screwing up? I can just picture them scurrying around all day investigating protocol and custom and blaming each other for what went wrong. I wonder if Sarah is doing a press briefing today.

Actually, finding out what customs and protocol are to be followed is kinda part of the job of WH staff. I know that when the CO wanted to know how to do something, he called down to the ships office (admin) and asked how he would go about doing something, especially if it involved a lot of ceremony and crap like that.

He lowered it for the standard amount of time it's supposed to be lowered for a dead senator, you idiot of another kind! But don't let facts get in the way of you liberals' baby-tantrum outrage.

Yes, under 4 U.S.C. The flag is to be lowered a minimum of two days for members of Congress, but as President Barack Obama did for Ted Kennedy, they can be ordered lowered longer for people like McCain whose service to this nation went above and beyond. Bush and Obama would have ordered it.

So much ado. I am sure Trump thought about having some flag guy raise it, then lower it, cuz he is so bored sitting at that desk and all he does is look at his watch and the calendar on what maintenance guy does.

I wonder how the Trump supporters feel about Trump caving in to public pressure?
Can't this White House do the simplest things without screwing up? I can just picture them scurrying around all day investigating protocol and custom and blaming each other for what went wrong. I wonder if Sarah is doing a press briefing today.

Actually, finding out what customs and protocol are to be followed is kinda part of the job of WH staff. I know that when the CO wanted to know how to do something, he called down to the ships office (admin) and asked how he would go about doing something, especially if it involved a lot of ceremony and crap like that.
Or maybe this morning they told the Pres what the customs and protocol were and the Grumpy Old Trump said "Fuck him, I'm not making any proclamation." Then he watched Fox news.

Or maybe this morning they told the Pres what the customs and protocol were and the Grumpy Old Trump said "Fuck him, I'm not making any proclamation." Then he watched Fox news.

That sounds closer to the truth. I mean, we already know he ignores his intelligence briefings, why should he pay attention to his staff telling him what to do?

Why is the flag being lowered again? Is there some kind of prescribed time limit?

There is a prescribed time limit, but traditionally, it's left at half-mast until the Senator in question is buried. For Trump to snap it back up the second the prescribed time limit is reached looks petty, vindictive, and childish.

Which, let's face it, are all kinda known aspects of Trump's personality.

He lowered it for the standard amount of time it's supposed to be lowered for a dead senator, you idiot of another kind! But don't let facts get in the way of you liberals' baby-tantrum outrage.

Yes, under 4 U.S.C. The flag is to be lowered a minimum of two days for members of Congress, but as President Barack Obama did for Ted Kennedy, they can be ordered lowered longer for people like McCain whose service to this nation went above and beyond. Bush and Obama would have ordered it.

As much as I'd prefer to be covered in honey and staked out to an anthill than ever agree with Seabiscuit here about anything, I have to say that it would have cost Trump nothing to be gracious to McCain upon his death, and his repeated inabilities to do so make him look like a small, petty little man. And the more his supporters try to defend and justify this unnecessary vindictiveness, the worse he looks.

Usually the liberals are burning the flag and crapping on it.

Now the liberals are in a tizzy because the flag isn't being flown according to past protocol.

No wonder Liberalism is considered a mental illness. .. :cuckoo: .. :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
So much ado. I am sure Trump thought about having some flag guy raise it, then lower it, cuz he is so bored sitting at that desk and all he does is look at his watch and the calendar on what maintenance guy does.

Really? So your defense of treating a decorated veteran and six-term Senator who passes away shabbily is to double down on the shabby treatment by relegating honoring him to "just maintenance work"? How about when he tweeted his condolences to the family without uttering a single word about McCain himself? Was that also just "because he's too important to be bothered"?

The more you try to defend this, the worse Trump looks.

He was wrong, and behaved badly. There is no combination of words that's going to make that not-true.

What did they do wrong? They followed standard protocol n people went nuts.

Forum List

Back