McCain's Flag Thread and Poll

How long should the WH Flag remain at half mast to honor democrat double agent Juan McCain?

• 24 hours

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 48 hours

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • 72 hours

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Until Trump is Impeached

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Ask Uncle Vlad

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I'm apoplectic that the flag was only lowered for 48 hours! IMPEACH!!!!

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
First, our Progressive friends were apoplectic that the White House Flag wasn't lowered to honor Juan McCain, then, finding out they got self-pwned, they're double shot of apoplectic that it was only lowered for 48 hours.

What's the magical correct flag lowered time to get Progressive sane again?

Multi choice available.
I think Trump should treat John McCain the way McCain treated Trump.

Because that will accomplish what? In what way is that going to make the US a better place?

Says the hate-filled Trump-Hater.

So much ado. I am sure Trump thought about having some flag guy raise it, then lower it, cuz he is so bored sitting at that desk and all he does is look at his watch and the calendar on what maintenance guy does.

Really? So your defense of treating a decorated veteran and six-term Senator who passes away shabbily is to double down on the shabby treatment by relegating honoring him to "just maintenance work"? How about when he tweeted his condolences to the family without uttering a single word about McCain himself? Was that also just "because he's too important to be bothered"?

The more you try to defend this, the worse Trump looks.

He was wrong, and behaved badly. There is no combination of words that's going to make that not-true.

While I understand your attempt at trying to make Trump look diplomatic, that is the problem we have in this nation currently, denying reality.

The reality? McStain was a war criminal.

How am I trying to make Trump look diplomatic? He wasn't. I'm being pretty clear about that.

The reality? You're an asshole without a shred of class and civilization left from all the partisan hackery.
What I am saying is you would like Trump to be, of course he isn't being diplomatic, because there is no reason to sugar coat and lie about the type of guy McCain was.

And I'm not a partisan at all. If by the time Trump's term ends, he doesn't end the Patriot Act, end some of these wars, etc., I won't view him any differently then the previous presidents we have had since 9/11. I am not going for this MSM corporate distractions. Either he do something substantial, or it is one massive bait and switch.

I'll call a war-monger a war monger, regardless of party identification. I only care about peoples and civilizations, that is more than John ever cared about. He only cared about money, even if it meant causing death, pain and misery.

Was Hitler, Stalin or Mao a patriot? Should they be celebrated?

Don't be absurd. Evil is Evil in my book.

I'm not going to shed any tears when baby Bush or Obama pass on either. I don't care about folks trying to change the narrative or blow sunshine up my ass, I have a mind of my own.

Do NOT Let Them Make A Saint Of This Asshole
0*y_2u13G24UIPOC61

Do NOT Let Them Make A Saint Of This Asshole – Caitlin Johnstone – Medium
". . . One of the most aggressively protected narratives in corporate liberal circles is that John McCain is a hero whose very name should be uttered with the greatest reverence. It gets traction with rank-and-file Democrats because supporting McCain for his opposition to Trump allows them to feel as though they are non-partisan free thinkers, in exactly the same way Trump supporters believe their hatred of McCain makes them non-partisan free thinkers. In reality, McCain is just one of the many bloodthirsty neocons like Bill Kristol and Max Boot who have aligned themselves with the Democratic party in recent years in order to better advance their warmongering agendas.

It is those agendas that are being promoted with the hero worship of John McCain. By committing the outrageous heresy of mocking, ridiculing and scorning that sacred cow, we are fighting the attempts of the empire loyalists and war propagandists to normalize and sanctify the act of inflicting neoconservative military bloodbaths upon innocent people around the world. . . ."

40199370_1962822360406419_2910882121717383168_n.jpg

I don't think it was about Trump. The guy was always a spotlight whore. He wasn't capable of leaving any way but feet first, just like he did. Ginsberg is going to follow the same path

Well, let's be honest. Trump ain't exactly shy and retiring himself. Most politicians have a streak of narcissism in them.

Yes, as someone who actually lives in McCain's state, I was one of the first around here to say that he should have stepped down instead of clinging to his seat and depriving Arizona of full representation in the Senate. And don't even talk to me about his wife replacing him out of sentiment. :eusa_hand:

All that being said, AND keeping in mind that I disagreed with McCain politically quite often, AND that I didn't like the guy personally . . .

Trump was still wrong. And petty. And childish. And vindictive. For no reason whatsoever than his massive, hypersensitive ego, and at the cost of disgusting a good chunk of people who are neither far-left lunatics nor fanatical Trump supporters, but whose votes Trump needs on his side come November.

Trump was 100% wrong, both in terms of decent, civilized behavior and politically. And there is no amount of airy dismissal that's going to make it any less true.

Trump should have lowered the flag, I never argued otherwise

I just wish to God SOMEONE had his attention enough AND the stones to tell him when he's showing his ass in public. McCain's DEAD, for God's sake. That means you WON. You outlasted him.

Not only is all this unnecessary drama exhausting, it is the opposite of helpful when it comes to what really matters, which is holding onto the ability to keep implementing good policies.

I've been in management my whole career. I've always had to take the high road. I'd have not thought beyond half a second to just lower the flag and I'd have gone out and given a positive but vague statement about his life and that he fought for his own values.

But on the other hand, I don't really care. This is a pittance of what the two parties do to each other and their enemies. There is so much more in DC to be outraged about.

For example, Democrats right now are trying to invalidate and if possible overturn an election because the don't like the outcome. Democrats have fabricated an entire scenario that Trump is a racist by flat out misquoting and lying about what he's said. They're arguing the Russians picked the winner and own Trump.

I would have just lowered the flag in the first place, but I'm glad we FINALLY have a Republican fighting back against the malignant left and the useless establishment Republicans who endlessly undercut any Republican who tries to fight back even if he doesn't know when to stop

Fighting back is great. Fighting everything, for no good purpose and to the detriment of the ultimate goal, is fucking stupid.

Yes, but I don't see how that applies to this. He isn't fighting anyone by not honoring McCain, just not honoring McCain. Again, I agree with you, I just can't match your level of indignation.

No, Trump is not a classy guy. There's no news there. I'd rather him be like he is though than be like McCain

I don't think it was about Trump. The guy was always a spotlight whore. He wasn't capable of leaving any way but feet first, just like he did. Ginsberg is going to follow the same path

Well, let's be honest. Trump ain't exactly shy and retiring himself. Most politicians have a streak of narcissism in them.

Yes, as someone who actually lives in McCain's state, I was one of the first around here to say that he should have stepped down instead of clinging to his seat and depriving Arizona of full representation in the Senate. And don't even talk to me about his wife replacing him out of sentiment. :eusa_hand:

All that being said, AND keeping in mind that I disagreed with McCain politically quite often, AND that I didn't like the guy personally . . .

Trump was still wrong. And petty. And childish. And vindictive. For no reason whatsoever than his massive, hypersensitive ego, and at the cost of disgusting a good chunk of people who are neither far-left lunatics nor fanatical Trump supporters, but whose votes Trump needs on his side come November.

Trump was 100% wrong, both in terms of decent, civilized behavior and politically. And there is no amount of airy dismissal that's going to make it any less true.

He did.

I think she means in the first place and kept it there for the mandatory period

He should have spent five seconds to look past his own towering and fragile ego to the long view, and then made the very slight effort to look like a mature and gracious adult instead of a spiteful child.

He's got a fighting ego, not a fragile one. But whatever. Yes, he should have just said lower the flag and make it not an issue

He did.

Yeah, AFTER making a big show of being unnecessarily disrespectful in the eyes of far too many voters. Contrary to the opinions of the political addicts on both sides of the aisle, the nation isn't just pro-Trump and anti-Trump. There are a whole bunch of people in the middle who don't pay a great deal of attention to politics generally, whose votes we need. And in their eyes, Trump came off very badly, and there's no amount of excuse-making that's going to change that.

I, for one, do NOT want to live with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, or any of the rest of her noxious brigade, in charge after November. And if that happens, there's no amount of "Well, well, well, Trump was TECHNICALLY correct!" that's gonna make up for it.

The people who hate Trump still hate him, the people who don't hate Trump still don't. In the scheme of things, this makes no difference than Trump using the wrong fork to eat his salad.

Frankly the leftist media going on about this is less of a deal than what they would be going on about had Trump not done it. They'd be screaming about Cohen and fabricated felonies

Actually, it makes a lot more difference. This just in: there are more people in this country than just those who love Trump and those who hate him. And THOSE people found this whole episode offensive and distasteful, and for what? Exactly what the fuck was accomplished for all this?

Bull fucking shit. Name one person in the country who is the SLIGHTEST bit surprised by that Trump is a jackass. EVERYONE knows that except three people who were marooned on a pacific island in the territory of Guam. And they're not voting unless they get rescued in the next two months. Paaaleasssssse. OMG, Trump is a jerk. Seriously, you think that's an insight to anyone? Seriously?

LMAO. OMG, I just realized Trump is a jerk, I'm not going to vote for him now ...

:bs1:

That ship has sailed, long, long ago ...

He did.

He should have spent five seconds to look past his own towering and fragile ego to the long view, and then made the very slight effort to look like a mature and gracious adult instead of a spiteful child.
He would have looked like a hypocrite. The.same leftists would still be screaming about how awful Trump is.

For sure, they'd have said he's insincere and a hypocrite. I've always found just doing the right thing to be the way to go though, and Trump shouldn't have made an issue of this. There's no gain

He did.

Who is the "he" you're referring to...President Trump or McCain?

He did.

From context, I think it's obvious I'm talking about President Trump.

He did.

So you are not very familiar with McCain...eh?

You mean aside from my telling you he's been my Senator since forever? Yeah, I hardly know anything about him, oh wise commenter-on-threads-he-hasn't-bothered-to-read.

Be warned. However much I personally disliked John McCain, however much I found him annoying as my Senator, if your next post is planning to denigrate him - as though YOU have done anything in your life to earn you the right to sneer at others, which I doubt - in order to slavishly insist that anything and everything President Trump does is not only correct, but brilliant, I will mark you down as a three-toothed, slackjawed trailer trash primitive and ignore you faster than a homeless guy panhandling for beer money outside the Circle K.

I don't waste my time and conversation on people who can't be civilized. So choose your words carefully, or do us both a favor and just don't bother.

You mean aside from my telling you he's been my Senator since forever? Yeah, I hardly know anything about him, oh wise commenter-on-threads-he-hasn't-bothered-to-read.

Be warned. However much I personally disliked John McCain, however much I found him annoying as my Senator, if your next post is planning to denigrate him - as though YOU have done anything in your life to earn you the right to sneer at others, which I doubt - in order to slavishly insist that anything and everything President Trump does is not only correct, but brilliant, I will mark you down as a three-toothed, slackjawed trailer trash primitive and ignore you faster than a homeless guy panhandling for beer money outside the Circle K.

I don't waste my time and conversation on people who can't be civilized. So choose your words carefully, or do us both a favor and just don't bother.

So just exactly what is it that you are saying? That if I do not agree with
you I'm not civilized?

What really amazes me is that you would ignore a homeless guy, panhandling for beer money outside a Circle K. Here, I always thought
you libs stuck together.

you I'm not civilized?

What really amazes me is that you would ignore a homeless guy, panhandling for beer money outside a Circle K. Here, I always thought
you libs stuck together.

No, what I'm saying is exactly what you just said: you're incapable of understanding anything except "us vs. them". I tell you that I have no patience with people who don't know how to behave properly, and all you hear is, "Aha! You expect me to agree with you!"

What really amazes ME is that you're so pig-stupid that you think the opposite of you is automatically "you libs". No, the opposite of you is educated, well-mannered, and reasonable. I'm far more conservative than you will ever be, chucklehead. YOU are just anti-left.

Oh, and trailer trash. Don't forget that.

you I'm not civilized?

you libs stuck together.

No, what I'm saying is exactly what you just said: you're incapable of understanding anything except "us vs. them". I tell you that I have no patience with people who don't know how to behave properly, and all you hear is, "Aha! You expect me to agree with you!"

What really amazes ME is that you're so pig-stupid that you think the opposite of you is automatically "you libs". No, the opposite of you is educated, well-mannered, and reasonable. I'm far more conservative than you will ever be, chucklehead. YOU are just anti-left.

Oh, and trailer trash. Don't forget that.

You are correct that I am anti-left. But I m anti-left and I understand my enemy. The left view well-mannered and educated as weak people. People
who will not fight back but think they are proving a point taking the high
ground. All they're doing is just allowing the left to run all over you,
like John McCain did.

Forum List

Back