McCain: "Dictators Start By Suppressing Media"

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
McCain On Trump Declaring The Media An Enemy: "That's How Dictators Get Started"

Republican Senator Arizona Senator told NBC News in a clip released Saturday (above) that President Donald Trump's most recent attack on the media is an example of "how dictators get started."

Chuck Todd, host of "Meet the Press," asked McCain about Trump's tweet Friday, in which the president declared that the media is "the enemy of the American people."

"If you want to preserve Democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press, and without it I'm afraid we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That's how dictators get started," McCain responded.

"They get started by suppressing a free press," he added. "In other words, a consolidation of power, when you look at history, the first thing that dictators do, is shut down the press. I'm not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator. I'm just saying we need to learn the lessons of history."

McCain On Trump Declaring The Media An Enemy: "That's How Dictators Get Started"

Amen, John! The problem is - Trump doesn't know anything about history. He may not even know how Hitler started. It's scary...

Just stop it. We all know that the media is being dishonest, reporting fake shit, reporting leftist narratives, and rolling anti-Trump stories 24/7.

That's it, hang that fucktard. If for nothing else, the pain he inflicted on his fellow servicemen during 'nam.

Sedition is sedition. McCain is contrary to all the citizens of the USA.

An example needs to be made.

Chuck Todd can go next for all I care.

McCain: "Dictators Start By Suppressing Media"

Probably true. We all remember how Obama filed lawsuits against reporters whose facts he didn't like.

But unlike Obama, President Trump has done nothing to suppress the media. He's merely pointed out what they are doing, pointed out how their stories are so often false, and called so many of them exactly what they are: Dishonest with disreputable agendas.

They are free to write or say anything they want about that, or about him, or anything else they like.

Just as he is free to point out the truth about what they say.

But they HATE such a level playing field.

I can see where a bunch of liberals might claim that pointing out the truth about them and shoving their noses into it, making public the dishonesty of the stories they have written, is somehow "suppressing" them. Because they want to be free to lie without consequence.

Sorry, liberals. That era is over.

But "suppression", it isn't.

It's just uncomfortable to liars and their ilk.

What is worse, a president criticizing the press or the press fawning over the president afraid to ask any hard questions?

Just stop it. We all know that the media is being dishonest, reporting fake shit, reporting leftist narratives, and rolling anti-Trump stories 24/7.
like what, b specific? stop parroting trump.....you don't even know anything that is fake news yet you repeat what your faux messiah has told you.... do you have any idea how ignorant and dangerous that actually is to our democratic republic?

Republican Senator Arizona Senator told NBC News in a clip released Saturday (above) that President Donald Trump's most recent attack on the media is an example of "how dictators get started."

Chuck Todd, host of "Meet the Press," asked McCain about Trump's tweet Friday, in which the president declared that the media is "the enemy of the American people."

"If you want to preserve Democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press, and without it I'm afraid we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That's how dictators get started," McCain responded.

"They get started by suppressing a free press," he added. "In other words, a consolidation of power, when you look at history, the first thing that dictators do, is shut down the press. I'm not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator. I'm just saying we need to learn the lessons of history."

Amen, John! The problem is - Trump doesn't know anything about history. He may not even know how Hitler started. It's scary...
Did you vote for him?

like what, b specific? stop parroting trump.....you don't even know anything that is fake news yet you repeat what your faux messiah has told you.... do you have any idea how ignorant and dangerous that actually is to our democratic republic?
The Russian connection is fake news.

This video shows us how bright McCain is:

Obviously they are free to write whatever they want, and we've been seeing a large dose of the fake news stories to prove it. Criticizing the media simply opens the dialogue, NOT stiffling it.

Hillary on the other hand was pretty transparent about her desire to silence talk radio. Limit what they were able to say because unflattering speech was labled as hate speech.

Forum List

Back