Mayor Pete blames Trump for Ohio train derailment. Touts his record of improving rail safety.

I support public schools then people like yourself try to reply to me and it causes me to question my support.
Lol, we’ll, you keep trying to play the blame game, you’re saying that all these people deserve blame and they all failed us…I’m merely pointing out in this instance, the Obama rule wouldn’t have mattered, this incident would have happened regardless of the Obama rule.

Yes, I agree in general, that all rail systems should have the best safety systems, but this thread is about buttigieg blaming trump, and in a few instances in this thread, you also have blamed trump. I’m saying, that is misplaced in this context because his actions wouldn’t have changed anything

Lol, we’ll, you keep trying to play the blame game, you’re saying that all these people deserve blame and they all failed us…I’m merely pointing out in this instance, the Obama rule wouldn’t have mattered, this incident would have happened regardless of the Obama rule.

Yes, I agree in general, that all rail systems should have the best safety systems, but this thread is about buttigieg blaming trump, and in a few instances in this thread, you also have blamed trump. I’m saying, that is misplaced in this context because his actions wouldn’t have changed anything

All three's actions should have demanded and required the best safety equipment on these trains. All failed by not doing that.

The Trump Admin did weaken RR safety regulations.
Look it up.

If that was such an issue, why didn't the Biden administration and Buttigieg point it out in the last two years and make changes? They didn't because it wasn't an issue and still isn't, but they can trick their sheep into believing that the Ohio derailment is Trump's fault due to deregulation. Amazing.

If that was such an issue, why didn't the Biden administration and Buttigieg point it out in the last two years and make changes? They didn't because it wasn't an issue and still isn't, but they can trick their sheep into believing that the Ohio derailment is Trump's fault due to deregulation. Amazing.

As pointed out earlier today, it is an issue.

It's the fault of all politicians that allow campaign money to trump the safety of the people and that is the majority of them.

Are you trying to say that Trump is not in favor of deregulation?

As pointed out earlier today, it is an issue.

It's the fault of all politicians that allow campaign money to trump the safety of the people and that is the majority of them.

Cool, but Buttigieg blaming Trump is ridiculous, agreed? Even if we are to assume that it is every recent President's fault, this administration blaming it on Trump is like a kid justifying his actions or inactions by saying "all the others kids are doing it." We don't fall for that nonsense in my household. Grow up and take responsibility for your own actions/inactions.

Are you trying to say that Trump is not in favor of deregulation?

Not at all. Simply saying that nothing Trump did to deregulate railroads can be attributed to this accident. Biden and Buttigieg had plenty of time to "fix" the system if was indeed broken, but failed to do so. Now they want to place blame on Trump.

AGAIN, the NTSB publicly called out Buttigieg for lying, told him and others to STOP spreading misinformation, and explained why Trump had nothing to do with this derailment.

Buttigieg, equally, had nothing to do with the derailment and could have done nothing to stop it.

Buttigieg's problem was 'running from' the disaster, refusing to acknowledge it, and refusing to visit. He then tried to blane Trump, for which he was called out.

Biden f*ed up by allowing FEMA to give thrm the middle finger and by creating the perception that he didn't give axdamn about them, that he cared more for the plight of Ukrainians than Ameticans in Palestine.

The heroes in this so far seem to be:

Trump - By announcing he was going to Palestine Biden seemingly was shamed / forced to act. (People love when politicians show they care.)

The Rail Line Owners - The have visited, inspected, talked to the people, promised to help and promise to be there for them for the long haul. (We'll see.)

Cool, but Buttigieg blaming Trump is ridiculous, agreed?

I've addressed that many times. If Trump is to blame (he is) so is Biden and Pete. It is sad that one blames someone for something they are also guilty of doing.

Even if we are to assume that it is every recent President's fault, this administration blaming it on Trump is like a kid justifying his actions or inactions by saying "all the others kids are doing it." We don't fall for that nonsense in my household. Grow up and take responsibility for your own actions/inactions.

Sadly administrations have a bad habit of blaming their failures on their predecessors.

I would have thought a lot of Pete if he had said "Obviously we have been failing the American public for years with the safety of the rail systems and I intend to start addressing that right now" and then actually did something.

He won't. He will send out a "sternly worded letter".

I've addressed that many times. If Trump is to blame (he is) so is Biden and Pete. It is sad that one blames someone for something they are also guilty of doing.

Sadly administrations have a bad habit of blaming their failures on their predecessors.

I would have thought a lot of Pete if he had said "Obviously we have been failing the American public for years with the safety of the rail systems and I intend to start addressing that right now" and then actually did something.

We should all condemn this rhetoric because many less informed folks will fall for it. This is exactly the reason, along with a few shenanigans, we ended up with Biden as president.

We should all condemn this rhetoric because many less informed folks will fall for it. This is exactly the reason, along with a few shenanigans, we ended up with Biden as president.

We ended up with Biden because Trump was a dick.

why is trump to blame?? please detail us why

We ended up with Biden because Trump was a dick.

Unfortunately, that is the reasoning many people used. Policies and other pragmatic details were never really in play. Speaks to the overall ignorance of the American electorate.

Unfortunately, that is the reasoning many people used. Policies and other pragmatic details were never really in play. Speaks to the overall ignorance of the American electorate.

His policies were empty rhetoric.

The shear number of Trump policies overturned by Biden says otherwise.

Biden overturned some EO's. EO's are the realm of the lazy. Those who won't put in the work to get things passed.

Biden overturned some EO's. EO's are the realm of the lazy. Those who won't put in the work to get things passed.

Trump got far more done than Biden and it isn’t even close. You can argue that you don’t like what he got done, but you are completely false in your assessment of Trump being all talk.

Trump got far more done than Biden and it isn’t even close. You can argue that you don’t like what he got done, but you are completely false in your assessment of Trump being all talk.

I'm not trying to argue that Biden is/was a good president. Trump would have won if he hadn't been a dick.

I'm not trying to argue that Biden is/was a good president. Trump would have won if he hadn't been a dick.

I agree, just saying that it is a shame so many people are so shallow that they wouldn’t vote for a guy simply because they believed he was a poo-poo head.

Forum List

Back