Mayor of Toronto is Not Stepping Down

Seemed to work out fine for Mayor Barry in DC...

No accounting for the ignorance of the sheeple.

Take away the partying, the man is unreal. Ford is turning around the city big time. This is why they want him gone.

He's slashed budgets.

He's busted unions. He's turning around Toronto from being this la dee da liberal wasteland into a vibrant economic power house again.

Miller almost killed the GTA. Ford has brought it back to life. He's no Barry. Yeah, he partied hearty in his past but this dude rocks.

Detroit should only have such a Mayor to turn it around.

What about the problems with the homeless up there? He doesn't exactly rock and he needs to go. This isn't just partying, he needs rehab.

He doesn't need rehab. What are you talking about?

The man is a great mayor. After Miller, Ford is awesome. This is my old home turf Sarah. From the get go the Star has had it up its ass to go after Rob on a daily basis. I know most of the players in all the media there.

I know most of them. Albeit from an entertainment viewpoint. I could tell you probably who was doing what and when at most of the parties I threw.

For anyone to go after Ford. Well well well.

Take away the partying, the man is unreal. Ford is turning around the city big time. This is why they want him gone.

He's slashed budgets.

He's busted unions. He's turning around Toronto from being this la dee da liberal wasteland into a vibrant economic power house again.

Miller almost killed the GTA. Ford has brought it back to life. He's no Barry. Yeah, he partied hearty in his past but this dude rocks.

What about the problems with the homeless up there? He doesn't exactly rock and he needs to go. This isn't just partying, he needs rehab.

The man is a great mayor. After Miller, Ford is awesome. This is my old home turf Sarah. From the get go the Star has had it up its ass to go after Rob on a daily basis. I know most of the players in all the media there.

I know most of them. Albeit from an entertainment viewpoint. I could tell you probably who was doing what and when at most of the parties I threw.

You are trying to make excuses for a crack head..that there is video of...you are trying to say he is a great man who is a victim..
.wow..what scum you are.

Last edited:
aside from outright hoodlums like putin, I don't usually comment on these types of things as they apply to foreign office holders etc. I mean hell, DC re-elected Marion Barry......

He's slashed budgets.

Toronto is one of my favorite cities along with Montreal and Quebec. In a city that size, to have a guy not take his job more seriously than this is disgusting. He has about 6 million people there, maybe a lot more now. He apologized to his brother, maybe he is the one running things.

You can't have someone who makes such bad decisions about doing crack running your cities up there.

You are trying to make excuses for a crack head..that there is video of...you are trying to say he is a great man who is a victim..
.wow..what scum you are.

He's not a crack head. He admits he smoked when he was shit faced.. What's your problem? If he was a crack head he wouldn't be as big as he is now would he?

He would have been busted by now wouldn't he?

And I'm not making excuses for his personal partying. But he's a great mayor. He's turning the city around.

Toronto is one of my favorite cities along with Montreal and Quebec. In a city that size, to have a guy not take his job more seriously than this is disgusting. He has about 6 million people there, maybe a lot more now. He apologized to his brother, maybe he is the one running things.

You can't have someone who makes such bad decisions about doing crack running your cities up there.

Yeah and David Miller liked getting off too. And the occasional fudge packing moment.

Except he was a lousy mayor. Ford happens to be a good one.

For those that might not know. And my Prime Minister can play this on the piano.......

Here's the opening lyrics.

The girls are out to Bingo and the boys are gettin' stinko,
And we think no more of Inco on a Sudbury Saturday night.
The glasses they will tinkle when our eyes begin to twinkle,
And we'll think no more of Inco on a Sudbury Saturday night.

With Irish Jim O'Connel there and Scotty Jack MacDonald,
There's honky Fredrick Hurchell gettin' tight, but that's alright,
There's happy German Fritzy there with Frenchy getting tipsy,
And even Joe the Gypsy knows it's Saturday tonight.

Now when Mary Ann and Mabel come to join us at the table,
And tell us how the Bingo went tonight, we'll look a fright.
But if they won the money, we'll be lappin' up the honey, boys,
'Cause everything is funny, for it's Saturday tonight

The girls are out to Bingo and the boys are gettin' stinko,
And we think no more of Inco on a Sudbury Saturday night.
The glasses they will tinkle when our eyes begin to twinkle,
And we'll think no more of Inco on a Sudbury Saturday night.

Sudbury Saturday Night Lyrics - Stompin' Tom Connors

He's slashed budgets.

Although is he a fiscally conservative mayor, which is good, he can't go around doing hard drugs and get away with it. He is essentially telling everyone that he is in charge and he can do what he wants, even if it means breaking the law.

He is mayor of a major North American city, not some small town in South America. I would not have raised an eyebrow had this occurred in South America, what with them legalizing marijuana in Uruguay and their lax drug laws in general.

Thus I agree, he needs to resign. He can't go unchallenged. How does this look around the globe? If I were an investor living overseas, and was interested in setting up shop in North America, I might consider going someplace else. Why would I set up shop in a place where it is ok for the mayor to routinely get drunk, and smoke crack?

If his constituents don't force him to resign, I hope the Federal government (the Conservative Party of Canada) steps in and forces him to resign.

Wow, Mayor admits to smoking crack but isn't stepping down.. Jeezus. Everyone was laughing and yelling at him.

He's slashed budgets.

ETA: yes I know Marion was Mayor of Washington not Detroit. Just pointing out a liberal wasteland such as Detroit could do with a Rob Ford. He's kicked ass and is turning Toronto around.

I did not know that. That's impressive. Too bad he had to jeopardize his success with reckless behavior. On the other hand, I hear his approval ratings are up!

He's slashed budgets.

ETA: yes I know Marion was Mayor of Washington not Detroit. Just pointing out a liberal wasteland such as Detroit could do with a Rob Ford. He's kicked ass and is turning Toronto around.

I did not know that. That's impressive. Too bad he had to jeopardize his success with reckless behavior. On the other hand, I hear his approval ratings are up!

You hear that, huh?

The issue is that smoking crack is kind of sort of very illegal in Canada.

Do you want a mayor that so blatantly admits to breaking the law?

I might vote for any leader who confesses and repents, regardless of actual motivations, to any wrongdoing in this day and age. I can see why someone who doesn't have to quit a job, would. He will be waiting for the next shoe to drop. I do not envy the load his heart is carrying, with his morbid obesity, as an additional burden.

Why would he?

Besides him lying and crack being illegal? Yes your right why would he. Trash defending trash.

Didn't your dear non-leader admit to some pretty heavy illegal drug use? Don't you defend him all the time? How did you put it, trash defending trash? Good job there hypocrite, good job.

Yes and he was forgiven but again, this guy runs a city of 6,000,000 people. He needs to step down and get help. Crack is highly addictive and debilitating.

Forum List

Back