Mayor of Toronto is Not Stepping Down

Take away the partying, the man is unreal. Ford is turning around the city big time. This is why they want him gone.

He's slashed budgets.

He's busted unions. He's turning around Toronto from being this la dee da liberal wasteland into a vibrant economic power house again.

Miller almost killed the GTA. Ford has brought it back to life. He's no Barry. Yeah, he partied hearty in his past but this dude rocks.

Detroit should only have such a Mayor to turn it around.

What about the problems with the homeless up there? He doesn't exactly rock and he needs to go. This isn't just partying, he needs rehab.

He doesn't need rehab. What are you talking about?

The man is a great mayor. After Miller, Ford is awesome. This is my old home turf Sarah. From the get go the Star has had it up its ass to go after Rob on a daily basis. I know most of the players in all the media there.

I know most of them. Albeit from an entertainment viewpoint. I could tell you probably who was doing what and when at most of the parties I threw.

For anyone to go after Ford. Well well well.

Looks like he's not the only one in denial.

Yes, TD is in complete denial. Especially when it comes to Ford's approval rating.

The most recent Ipsos Reid poll said that 60% of Toronto voters would not vote for Rob Ford under ANY circumstances, with a further 28% saying they need more information to make a decision. With every day that passes, and every new incidence of outrageous behaviour, that approval rating goes down.

In the meantime, the largest economic engine in Canada has no creditable leadership. Toronto City Council is highly partisan and has been controlled by right wing Ford and his supporters since his election. That nearly all members of Council, both right and left, would vote to strip Ford of his power speaks volumes. Even the Toronto Sun, which has backed Ford since prior to his election, has called for him to step aside and go to rehab.

Ford's support came entirely from the suburban residential areas of the City. The downtown core, which is a business mecca and tourist destination, which is where I lived until recently, voted for his opponent, George Smitherman. The problem is that the needs of the business and tourist areas of the city are entirely different from the residential areas, and Ford has been terrible for business. People in the suburbs loved him, until recently, because he held the line on tax increases, but he did so but cutting the infrastructure repair budget, daycare spaces and other essential services which the downtown core needs to function effectively. His stock line in protecting services to the suburbs while cutting services to the core was "Those people voted for me" and the downtown core did not. The downtown core voted overwhelmingly for George Smitherman.

The City of Toronto was amalgamated in 1998 from a number of independent cities, all of which had their own mayors, and their own by-laws. Collectively, they were the Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto. Ford is the second populist mayor from the suburbs since amalgamation. The first was Mel Lastman who had been a popular Mayor of North York for years. Lastman was also a disaster for the old City of Toronto, and a public embarassment, although he was much loved when mayor of North York.

The needs of the core City of Toronto are just drastically different from the suburbs, but there are more of them than there are downtowners so this uneasy situation is apt to be played out again and again.

Last edited:
This guy will become the darling of the left at some point... after all, he's a complete degenerate.

Letterman offers ‘The Top 10 words to describe Rob Ford’

Monday’s Top 10 list:

10. Crack-nadian
9. Torontoker
8. Molson-of-a-bitch
7. The Round Mound of Unwound
6. Winning!
5. Neckless
4. Shame-resistant
3. Sweating enthusiast
2. Chin-fo-tainment
1. Large-and-no-longer-in-charge

This guy will never be the darling of the left.

Yes, TD is in complete denial. Especially when it comes to Ford's approval rating.

The most recent Ipsos Reid poll said that 60% of Toronto voters would not vote for Rob Ford under ANY circumstances, with a further 28% saying they need more information to make a decision. With every day that passes, and every new incidence of outrageous behaviour, that approval rating goes down.

In the meantime, the largest economic engine in Canada has no creditable leadership. Toronto City Council is highly partisan and has been controlled by right wing Ford and his supporters since his election. That nearly all members of Council, both right and left, would vote to strip Ford of his power speaks volumes. Even the Toronto Sun, which has backed Ford since prior to his election, has called for him to step aside and go to rehab.

Ford's support came entirely from the suburban residential areas of the City. The downtown core, which is a business mecca and tourist destination, which is where I lived until recently, voted for his opponent, George Smitherman. The problem is that the needs of the business and tourist areas of the city are entirely different from the residential areas, and Ford has been terrible for business. People in the suburbs loved him, until recently, because he held the line on tax increases, but he did so but cutting the infrastructure repair budget, daycare spaces and other essential services which the downtown core needs to function effectively. His stock line in protecting services to the suburbs while cutting services to the core was "Those people voted for me" and the downtown core did not. The downtown core voted overwhelmingly for George Smitherman.

The City of Toronto was amalgamated in 1998 from a number of independent cities, all of which had their own mayors, and their own by-laws. Collectively, they were the Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto. Ford is the second populist mayor from the suburbs since amalgamation. The first was Mel Lastman who had been a popular Mayor of North York for years. Lastman was also a disaster for the old City of Toronto, and a public embarassment, although he was much loved when mayor of North York.

The needs of the core City of Toronto are just drastically different from the suburbs, but there are more of them than there are downtowners so this uneasy situation is apt to be played out again and again.

Thank you much for the insight....

Forum List

Back