Matty is going after Kevin!

Astrostar

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2017

As he should! Not because Kev caved to the Democrats, but because he disobeyed the orders of the Great Leader Trump to "if you don't get everything you want, shut it down."

It's an unpardonable sin! Boigly!!!

All of the politicians keep talking these things and never do real budget cutting legislation. Just freezing it fora year or two would help.

Congress voted overwhelmingly to keep the Government open.

About time McCarthy grew a sack and stoped pandering to a small minority that want to harm the country

Democracy won
Yeah cause ruinous spending always leads to nirvana

Congress voted overwhelmingly to keep the Government open.

About time McCarthy grew a sack and stoped pandering to a small minority that want to harm the country

Democracy won

Short term. Not addressing the ever growing debt is going to do major harm to the country.

“I do intend to file a motion to vacate against Speaker McCarthy this week. I think we need to rip off the Band-Aid. I think we need to move on with new leadership that can be trustworthy,” Gaetz said on CNN’s "State of the Union”

Be careful what you wish for Matt
You get to play that card once. Once you call for a vote to remove Kevin McCarthy and fail……you have lost your political leverage

McCarthy has lost fourteen Speaker elections. The next one, coming soon, will make fifteen.

Maybe if he switches parties and the Democrats win the House in 2024, he might have a chance to be Speaker again. Maybe.

More likely, he'll join Mitt Romney and the others at the old RINO home.

“I do intend to file a motion to vacate against Speaker McCarthy this week. I think we need to rip off the Band-Aid. I think we need to move on with new leadership that can be trustworthy,” Gaetz said on CNN’s "State of the Union”

You get to play that card once. Once you call for a vote to remove Kevin McCarthy and fail……you have lost your political leverage
McCarthy just told Matty Douchebag that he would work with Dems to get around Matty’ stupidity.

And he’ll do it any time he needs to save his ass.

Dems of course will demand he honor his agreements and there will be a price but McCarthy really likes being Speaker so yeah… he’ll do what it takes

That's true.

But it is also true that McCarthy gave away all political leverage that the GOP had to put the brakes on Democrats' out of control spending. That leverage will never come back while McCarthy has the gavel. Gaetz is taking a risk to his career in order to do what's best for country.

McCarthy has lost fourteen Speaker elections. The next one, coming soon, will make fifteen.

Maybe if he switches parties and the Democrats win the House in 2024, he might have a chance to be Speaker again. Maybe.

More likely, he'll join Mitt Romney and the others at the old RINO home.

One scenario.........McCarthy capitulates to the Dems, say maybe a vote to fund and support Ukraine. He then gets the support to remain speaker.

They can do that during the budget negotiations . Somehow they never do

Budget negotiations require compromise

Republicans prefer……Give me everything I demand or we will shut down Government

They don't, which is why some push for a shut down.
That makes no sense.

If your wife is spending too much do you decide not to pay the bills and go into bankruptcy or do you have a budget talk BEFORE those obligations are made?

Forum List

Back