Matthew McConaughey Says He's Not Running To Be Texas Governor

Can't blame anyone for choosing to stay away from the ongoing national embarrassment that is our political "system".

It's pretty clear now that our REAL Best & Brightest know to stay the fuck out of it.

Hopefully that will change soon.

The best and the brightest got out of politics soon after the ink dried on the constitution.

It's pretty clear now that our REAL Best & Brightest know to stay the fuck out of it.
Is that your excuse?

You lecture everyone else about their wrong attitude but never commit yourself to doing anything positive yourself

I'm glad he realized that he's not qualified to be governor or Texas.

I don't believe people who have zero experience working in government are qualified to be in government.

And yet every politician currently holding office never had experience before the first time they held a job working in government...

Everybody has to start somewhere.

Agree on the experience, but it might have been fun to watch, and never underestimate the masses' attraction to glitz over real qualifications.

Yes we have some people in our nation who will vote for a celebrity over someone who has years of experience.

I don't understand why.

Personally, I want the best qualified for the job.

Not the most known.

Can't blame anyone for choosing to stay away from the ongoing national embarrassment that is our political "system".

Hopefully that will change soon.

I don't believe that a person who has zero experience working in our government is the best and brightest.

I prefer someone who actually knows what they are doing.

Personally, I want the person who is the best and brightest in their field.

So if I need open heart surgery, I'm not going to hire an actor to do the job just because he's the best and brightest actor.

I'm going to hire the best expert in open heart surgery I can find.

And yet every politician currently holding office never had experience before the first time they held a job working in government...

Everybody has to start somewhere.

You start at the bottom.

Not in the middle or the top.

Yes, start out as a state representative in a state congress or start out as state lower level position.

Then work your way up into a higher position. Learning the job as you go.

I'm not saying a person can't start at the bottom then work your way up.

I'm saying a person with zero experience in government shouldn't start out at a top job.

You want your plumber to be your senator?

Yes. My plumber would better understand the struggles of middle class and lower income earners as well as small business owners far better than the elitist 1% people like you keep electing thinking they are going to somehow change your lives while you constantly complain about them.

And why do you assume, by the way, your plumber isn't smart or qualified? That's a rather elitist remark coming from somebody who claims to champion the working class, isn't it? This is why the Democratic Party has lost their blue collar base.

I don't believe people who have zero experience working in government are qualified to be in government.

worked ok for Reagan and Eisenhower. But McConahey said he didn't have the temperment, and he's probably right.

Yes. My plumber would better understand the struggles of middle class and lower income earners as well as small business owners far better than the elitist 1% people like you keep electing thinking they are going to somehow change your lives while you constantly complain about them.

And why do you assume, by the way, your plumber isn't smart or qualified? That's a rather elitist remark coming from somebody who claims to champion the working class, isn't it? This is why the Democratic Party has lost their blue collar base.

I'm not saying the plumber isn't smart. I agree with you, I want someone who knows what it's like to be middle class and what life is like for the middle class and poor. The only way to know that is to actually live it. Not read about it. Not be told about it. Not know someone who lives it.

If the plumber is qualified to do the job then he needs to start at the bottom, then work his way up.

Not start at the top or even the middle.

He should run for a local office. Such as city counsel or mayor of a city. Such as what Clint Eastwood and Jessie Ventura did. Eastwood stopped at being mayor of Carmel. Ventura went on to be Governor of Minnesota.

People should spend some time learning how things work to actually get things done. Sure he can be smart but if he doesn't know how to get things done, he's useless.

He has no knowledge or support system to work with seasoned politicians who do know how to get things done and do have a support system to get it done.

That's good... because the guy is one of the biggest asses in Hollywood.
Only slightly less of an ass than Tom Cruise

Forum List

Back