Matthew Lannon, Rhode Island Sixth Grader, Gives Gay Marriage Speech At Hearing

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
A sixth grade student stunned the Rhode Island Senate judiciary committee with a profound speech on same-sex marriage.

Twelve-year-old Matthew Lannon, who says he has two moms and two dads who have been together for 14 years, told the crowd, "My parents, and all the other gay and lesbian people here, just want to be happy."

Describing his parents' commitments as "very, very real," he added, "All they want is to be treated fairly. But unlike most of you, they have to come again here year after year and explain over and over why their love is equal to yours. This year, you have the opportunity to change that. I say, choose love.”

Matthew Lannon, Rhode Island Sixth Grader, Gives Gay Marriage Speech At Hearing

[ame=http://youtu.be/Y9Fmm9z5o9g]2013-01-15 RI House Marriage Equality Testimony 012 Matthew Lannon - YouTube[/ame]

So what is that kid's view on incestuous marriage? why should they be denied the right to love the ones they love?

Indoctrinate the children, then have the children give advice to adults.

Here is the lie.
Child Abuse Rate At Zero Percent In Lesbian Households, New Report Finds

Here is the truth.
Bloomington mother, girlfriend arrested on child abuse charges - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Florida lesbian couple charged with disturbing levels of child abuse. | The World Now has moved! -- TheWorldNow.org

I doubt this 12 year old boy has the experience or knowledge to seriously address the issue. All he can say is "It works for me". And we don't even know if that's true since he had no basis of comparison.

Indoctrinate the children, then have the children give advice to adults.

Here is the lie.
Child Abuse Rate At Zero Percent In Lesbian Households, New Report Finds

Here is the truth.
Bloomington mother, girlfriend arrested on child abuse charges - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Florida lesbian couple charged with disturbing levels of child abuse. | The World Now has moved! -- TheWorldNow.org

I doubt this 12 year old boy has the experience or knowledge to seriously address the issue. All he can say is "It works for me". And we don't even know if that's true since he had no basis of comparison.

Of course abuse is wrong no matter who does it. :cool:

So what is that kid's view on incestuous marriage? why should they be denied the right to love the ones they love?

I am not sure what the kids view is, but you can legally marry your cousin in 27 states.

sometimes brother and sister can love each other too. That also means 23 states don't let cousins marry. Don't you believe in marriage equality?

Also what about parent and adult child relationships? Sure you may think that's weird, but lots of people think two people of the same sex having sex or marrying is weird.

I am not sure what the kids view is, but you can legally marry your cousin in 27 states.

sometimes brother and sister can love each other too. That also means 23 states don't let cousins marry. Don't you believe in marriage equality?

Also what about parent and adult child relationships? Sure you may think that's weird, but lots of people think two people of the same sex having sex or marrying is weird.

I support Gay Marriage. :cool:

I support Gay Marriage. :cool:

Unfortunately many supporters of gay marriage use terms like "marriage equality" as they exclude people from marriage.

It's awful how they are using children today for these things, kid in grade school

that parent should be slapped and charged with child abuse

Interesting how no one has brought up anything he said. They just make personal attacks because of his age.

just what blows you skirt up over what a sixth grader says?

like he wasn't taught this by someone? or he's just brilliant and came up with it on his own?

Last edited:
Interesting how no one has brought up anything he said. They just make personal attacks because of his age.

like he wasn't taught this by someone? or he's just brilliant and came up with it on his own?

Does it matter where he learned it from? The medium isn't the message. The message is the message.

And how do you know he didn't come up with it on his own? Just because he's young doesn't mean he's stupid.

Does it matter where he learned it from? The medium isn't the message. The message is the message.

And how do you know he didn't come up with it on his own? Just because he's young doesn't mean he's stupid.

the sick with you people is using children for a agenda

Forum List

Back