Matthew 21: 1-3 demonstrates the power of Jesus as God

But this is where it gets confusing for Protestants.

Is Jesus THE GOD or A GOD ??

If THE GOD then was Jesus his own father ??

And if A GOD then is there more than one ??
Protestants believe in the Trinity just as much as Catholics, so I don't see the problem.
We don't call Jesus God. We call him Lord.

We don't say Jesus As God. That is a Protestant phrase.

We say Jesus Our Savior. Different job description.
I don't think you're portraying the Protestant position accurately.

The Trinity is One God with three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The Son proceeds from the Father. The Holy Spirit proceeds from the mutual love between the Father and the Son.

My understanding is that Protestants believe this just as much as Catholics do.
You need to consider where that doctrine of trinity came from --

It was cooked up at the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD long after all the books/scrolls now in the Bible were written and the authors were long gone.

well----yes-----but allusions to the idea somehow ALSO got into the putative mouth of Jesus
Jesus was completely consistent at all times.

Jesus was Jesus the SON of God not God.

God was Jesus' Father.

God is OUR Father.

Two different Individuals.

Add the Holy Spirit who arrives later and you have THREE.

you do understand that you are using words that neither Jesus nor any of the people who wrote about Him----ever heard or used----RIGHT? You do realize that the words you just used have multiple meanings and even multiple meanings
in the languages from which they were translated
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
You really messed up your citation of the above IROSIE.

You are correct that Jesus and the apostles and evangelists never spoke or wrote English.

English would not be invented for another 1000 years yet.

Protestants believe in the Trinity just as much as Catholics, so I don't see the problem.
We don't call Jesus God. We call him Lord.

We don't say Jesus As God. That is a Protestant phrase.

We say Jesus Our Savior. Different job description.
I don't think you're portraying the Protestant position accurately.

The Trinity is One God with three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The Son proceeds from the Father. The Holy Spirit proceeds from the mutual love between the Father and the Son.

My understanding is that Protestants believe this just as much as Catholics do.
You need to consider where that doctrine of trinity came from --

It was cooked up at the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD long after all the books/scrolls now in the Bible were written and the authors were long gone.

well----yes-----but allusions to the idea somehow ALSO got into the putative mouth of Jesus
Jesus was completely consistent at all times.

Jesus was Jesus the SON of God not God.

God was Jesus' Father.

God is OUR Father.

Two different Individuals.

Add the Holy Spirit who arrives later and you have THREE.
You Mormons crack me up.

1 As they drew near to Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent out two disciples. 2“Go to the village ahead of you, He told them, “and at once you will find a donkey tied there,with her colt beside her. Untie them and bring them to Me. 3 If anyone questions you, tell him that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away.”…

This passage could easily be overlooked, because in the list of all of Jesus' many miracles it is rarely mentioned.

But here's the thing, Jesus' identity as God is demonstrated in this passage just as certainly as in his more extravagant miracles.

Jesus can see the donkey and its colt, and knows where they are, even though they are far from his physical human eyesight. Jesus is all seeing and all knowing about the present.

Jesus tells the disciples to go fetch the donkey and its colt, and tells them what to say if they are challenged. They follow his instructions, and like he said would happen, they are allowed to take the donkey and the colt. Jesus is all seeing and all knowing about the future.

Also, Jesus has arranged past events so that the person who owns this donkey and colt will allow them to be taken away by strangers with only a barebones explanation that "the Lord needs them." Jesus is all powerful.

The passage is subtle and easily overlooked, but it does show the enormous power of Jesus as the all knowing, all seeing, all powerful God, who can see the future, in a story without flashy miracles. It seems like a normal conversation, but it isn't.

That had to be the dumbest correlation since Matthew himself mistook the Lineage of Bethlehem EPHRATAH (A PERSON) in Micha 5 as a place-town of Bethlehem.

So you are using a verse by an obvious idiot and non Jew who is claimed to be a Jew and follower of Jesus (a person who never existed)even though the church admits none of the apostles wrote those books in their name? Brilliant!
Tell us when Jesus rode into the city in my name on a donkey and a colt at the same time according to your NT, who trained him to be this trick rider. Icm more interested in this trick rider trainer being a miracle worker. A 4'6" Jesus spread eagle across a colt and donkey at the same time means you admit he was really really a flexible woman, which makes sense as to why
he-she had relations with Lazarus.

you are off topic----but worse---you are making much of a trite
story--------the book of matthew was written in greek----probably more like a novella than a "divine" scriptural writing.
I cannot imagine why anyone would "DISCUSS"----the little story of going to town and getting a donkey
Originally Matthew's Gospel is believed to have been written in Aramaic and then standardized into Greek.

And Mark's was believed originally to be written in Latin then also standardized into Greek.

Similarly, James and Jude were probably originally Aramaic too.

John, Luke, and Paul wrote in Greek, it is believed, apparently.

Eventually the whole compilation was translated into Greek and that is how it came down through the centuries to us today.

could be....... I was struck by the fact that you seem to be intent on trying to attribute GREAT MEANING to a little story
that you are reading virtually FOURTH HAND-----some unknown related it. Another unknown wrote it down in whatever language----then it got translated into another language-----and on to another language by another translator------and all about going to town to fetch a donkey. -----it somehow became a MIRACLE for you based on <gasp> ----
MIRACULOUSLY JESUS KNEW THAT THERE WAS A DONKEY, YONDER, OVER THAT HILL ------back then---and even since----Donkeys were very common place in Judea.
Just how do you interpret the word "lord"? If translated from
Aramaic-----the word was probably a word which refers to any
man

You are right, the term Lord is not just for Kings, but also referred to Master.
The problem is the word Lord is Ba'al, so when do we define the word or
maintain the name is at the manipulation of the interpretations into english. In other words are they blotting out their father's name because of the bad connotation that Father Ba'al and Jesus are one in the same mythology?
It wpuld literally read Ba'al Jesus (lord Jesus) which by irony =666 in ascll numerology used to secret numbers from names. Or dod J0hn of Patmos know this all along when warning of the name of this image Rome created?
And Blackrooks conclusion that knowing something you shouldn't know means you are God is rediculous, because he'd be calling me a god for knowing things I shouldn't have known (as per the challenge I previously discussed). He'd also be calling almost every woman god, because of their woman's intuition. *L*
Master is a totally different word in Latin, Greek, and Hebrew.

It is another popular English anachronism.

The English translations are all screwing all of you up.

You should learn Greek and Hebrew first before you start giving sermons.

In divinity schools that's why they teach Greek and Hebrew.

That had to be the dumbest correlation since Matthew himself mistook the Lineage of Bethlehem EPHRATAH (A PERSON) in Micha 5 as a place-town of Bethlehem.

So you are using a verse by an obvious idiot and non Jew who is claimed to be a Jew and follower of Jesus (a person who never existed)even though the church admits none of the apostles wrote those books in their name? Brilliant!
Tell us when Jesus rode into the city in my name on a donkey and a colt at the same time according to your NT, who trained him to be this trick rider. Icm more interested in this trick rider trainer being a miracle worker. A 4'6" Jesus spread eagle across a colt and donkey at the same time means you admit he was really really a flexible woman, which makes sense as to why
he-she had relations with Lazarus.

you are off topic----but worse---you are making much of a trite
story--------the book of matthew was written in greek----probably more like a novella than a "divine" scriptural writing.
I cannot imagine why anyone would "DISCUSS"----the little story of going to town and getting a donkey
Originally Matthew's Gospel is believed to have been written in Aramaic and then standardized into Greek.

And Mark's was believed originally to be written in Latin then also standardized into Greek.

Similarly, James and Jude were probably originally Aramaic too.

John, Luke, and Paul wrote in Greek, it is believed, apparently.

Eventually the whole compilation was translated into Greek and that is how it came down through the centuries to us today.

could be....... I was struck by the fact that you seem to be intent on trying to attribute GREAT MEANING to a little story
that you are reading virtually FOURTH HAND-----some unknown related it. Another unknown wrote it down in whatever language----then it got translated into another language-----and on to another language by another translator------and all about going to town to fetch a donkey. -----it somehow became a MIRACLE for you based on <gasp> ----
MIRACULOUSLY JESUS KNEW THAT THERE WAS A DONKEY, YONDER, OVER THAT HILL ------back then---and even since----Donkeys were very common place in Judea.
Just how do you interpret the word "lord"? If translated from
Aramaic-----the word was probably a word which refers to any
man

You are right, the term Lord is not just for Kings, but also referred to Master.
The problem is the word Lord is Ba'al, so when do we define the word or
maintain the name is at the manipulation of the interpretations into english. In other words are they blotting out their father's name because of the bad connotation that Father Ba'al and Jesus are one in the same mythology?
It wpuld literally read Ba'al Jesus (lord Jesus) which by irony =666 in ascll numerology used to secret numbers from names. Or dod J0hn of Patmos know this all along when warning of the name of this image Rome created?
And Blackrooks conclusion that knowing something you shouldn't know means you are God is rediculous, because he'd be calling me a god for knowing things I shouldn't have known (as per the challenge I previously discussed). He'd also be calling almost every woman god, because of their woman's intuition. *L*
Master is a totally different word in Latin, Greek, and Hebrew.

It is another popular English anachronism.

it is? so?-----the point was the word for "MISTER"
"GENTLEMAN" or "MASTER" or "MAN" 'IMPORTANT
GUY" are very interchangeable in----at least both Hebrew and Aramaic

Monseigneur would actually be a good translation -- "my boss" -- yes.

No, it wasn't "cooked up." Jesus, in the New Testament, reference God the Father, his oneness with the Father (Before Abraham, I am), and the Holy Spirit. People were thinking in terms of, "Three Gods, then" and the Church was teaching One God. Trinity was a model to help people understand one God--not three of them.
What complete bull sh!t.

Amazing what Protestants will believe. And gossip. And hear-say.

Yeah, I'm not Protestant. I'm a student of those times, and I'm telling you Trinity was not "cooked up" by the Council of Nicaea.

Monseigneur would actually be a good translation -- "my boss" -- yes.

yes----SENOR too. In Hebrew the word ADON----is used
as MISTER sometimes The other word is MAR---
I think Aramaic. They are both honorific titles that are roughly ------Lord, Master, Senor, Seigneur, Herr, Big shot----Boss----etc etc and translated interchangeably ------which can be a bit confusing

No, it wasn't "cooked up." Jesus, in the New Testament, reference God the Father, his oneness with the Father (Before Abraham, I am), and the Holy Spirit. People were thinking in terms of, "Three Gods, then" and the Church was teaching One God. Trinity was a model to help people understand one God--not three of them.
What complete bull sh!t.

Yeah, I'm not Protestant. I'm a student of those times, and I'm telling you Trinity was not "cooked up" by the Council of Nicaea.

where was it cooked up -----and what does the term "holy ghost" mean to a non-protestant and who cooked it up?

where was it cooked up -----and what does the term "holy ghost" mean to a non-protestant and who cooked it up?

Pentecost. Jesus told his disciples that the Holy Spirit would come upon them, and Pentecost was the day this occurred.

What complete bull sh!t.

Yio is a Morman cultist preaching his dogma. Dogma that has to keep changing over the years as their cult rituals are shown to be lies.

What complete bull sh!t.

Yio is a Morman cultist preaching his dogma. Dogma that has to keep changing over the years as their cult rituals are shown to be lies.

Mormons help prove that christians don't even believe their own nonsense. In that Christians disbelieve it's possible the figure came to the Americas, yet this same religion swears the same kind of story themselves because Constantine who had a luciferous visitation says so.

Pentecost. Jesus told his disciples that the Holy Spirit would come upon them, and Pentecost was the day this occurred.

who made it a 1 of 3 ? -----do you have any idea how that
"holy spirit" thing is named in Aramaic or what word Jesus used led to the idea that it is 1 of 3?

who made it a 1 of 3 ? -----do you have any idea how that "holy spirit" thing is named in Aramaic or what word Jesus used led to the idea that it is 1 of 3?

No one made it a one of three. God is one. Some use the analogy of water. Water is water, yet it can come in steam, liquid, or solid. All we are discussing are the various aspects of water. The same with God. There is one God, and we discuss at least three different of one God. God has a spirit that is holy. (Holy Spirit). God's words are holy and animate. (Jesus is the word of God.) God as holy Father and Creator.

One interesting aspect of the Holy Spirit is that it can also come with the idea of illumination. This illumination led the Israelites through the desert at night. Light was also present on Pentecost.

Yes, people can argue that steam, liquid, and ice are three, but it is hard to argue water is three. The same with God. Sure, people can argue Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three--but like water God is not three. Three aspects of one being, not three beings.

who made it a 1 of 3 ? -----do you have any idea how that "holy spirit" thing is named in Aramaic or what word Jesus used led to the idea that it is 1 of 3?

No one made it a one of three. God is one. Some use the analogy of water. Water is water, yet it can come in steam, liquid, or solid. All we are discussing are the various aspects of water. The same with God. There is one God, and we discuss at least three different of one God. God has a spirit that is holy. (Holy Spirit). God's words are holy and animate. (Jesus is the word of God.) God as holy Father and Creator.

One interesting aspect of the Holy Spirit is that it can also come with the idea of illumination. This illumination led the Israelites through the desert at night. Light was also present on Pentecost.

Yes, people can argue that steam, liquid, and ice are three, but it is hard to argue water is three. The same with God. Sure, people can argue Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three--but like water God is not three. Three aspects of one being, not three beings.

yeah------ok like water

Forum List

Back