Mastercard, Visa suspend operations in Russia after invasion

This is a corporation war against Russia.
Pure and simple.
Ukraine has a resource that the World Corporations want (it's people) and Russia is destroying them.

But Russia isn't an Empire...it's an Oligarchy with Putin claiming leadership of the Oligarchy. (Tail wagging the Dog)

The Oligarchs are rapidly changing their tune as the EU is seizing their assets and confiscating their bank accounts (even the Swiss ones)

So I don't see this working out for any of them. Especially with the US and EU having a free for all asset grab.

That's gotta be bugging Putin and the Oligarchs.
Playing right into their hands.

Bad Move. The DOJ just told Americans to get out of Russia immediately. What if they need their charge cards to get out?
You called this right tubefreak, unfortunately. Americans on Saturday were told to immediately get out of Russia. They were told to use alternative financial means instead of credit cards. Here we have another example of screw those Americans, they made their beds so let’s get give a late “heads up” telling them they’re on their own and that it would be too late for US Embassy help.

This seems similar to the Americans who were left behind in Afghanistan and lost their lives because of it. Heads up for a potential troll- there were many foreigners, including Americans, working in Afghanistan who could not leave prior to pull-out and needed US military help to do so. They did not get out because they couldn’t. Yes, I am sure some delayed leaving related to not knowing in advance about the decision to pull out in a sudden frenzy.

Republicans want to use financial institutions to steal your money while the Democrats want the Government to rob you blind.

There's no difference between the two...only the methods they use.

That's what I like about Trump-- -- he's not really a republican anymore than Sanders really is a democrat.

They were told to use alternative financial means instead of credit cards.

I wonder what those would be? They knew these sanctions were coming, they knew people would have to leave, then they close all the banks in Russia rather than merely locking all russian accounts essentially locking people out of their assets, then they close all credit cards with no warning rather than just to russian nationals then tell everyone they should leave?

Never mind taking with you any material goods you may have acquired, but just how do you move, not across town or to another city, but OUT OF THE COUNTRY, most likely flying to Europe or back to the USA when your bank account is frozen and your credit cards are closed?

I know! Use that pile of cash you just happen to have stuffed in your pocket!

Oh wait---- those would be rubles and thanks to the USA and NATO now, those are worth nothing now, too.

Maybe Americans can flee Russia on their good word as Biden supporters to pay back to others the cost of leaving!

1646610303869.png

That's what I like about Trump-- -- he's not really a republican anymore than Sanders really is a democrat.
He's getting there. He promised he would observe Republican requests. It doesn't get better than that. A lot of businessmen do things nobody else would do in order to make things right. Trump is just the man who does the right thing when he can. Yes, he's brassy, but he loves America and abides by the Constitution as is required by the Republican party in general. And he brings in new Republicans by being the icon of American patriotism. Trump is a winner. Long live Donald Trump!

I wonder what those would be? They knew these sanctions were coming, they knew people would have to leave, then they close all the banks in Russia rather than merely locking all russian accounts essentially locking people out of their assets, then they close all credit cards with no warning rather than just to russian nationals then tell everyone they should leave?

Never mind taking with you any material goods you may have acquired, but just how do you move, not across town or to another city, but OUT OF THE COUNTRY, most likely flying to Europe or back to the USA when your bank account is frozen and your credit cards are closed?

I know! Use that pile of cash you just happen to have stuffed in your pocket!

Oh wait---- those would be rubles and thanks to the USA and NATO now, those are worth nothing now, too.

Maybe Americans can flee Russia on their good word as Biden supporters to pay back to others the cost of leaving!
Cryptocurrency crossed my mind, who knows… I’m wondering too.

I wish eBay would kick the Russian federation sellers off their site. Half the shit they have up for sale has some sort of payment string attached.

I noticed sellers on Etsy as well as being from Russia.

Russia is now known as Commonwealth of Independent States, But it is the same thing as being communist,

I grew up during the time of the cold war in the 80s and i think i remember seeing fallout shelters in downtown annapolis Maryland.

Forum List

Back