Mastercard, Visa suspend operations in Russia after invasion

Because I don't buy into the media's hyperbolic narrative about Ukraine, Russia, Putin, and am vocal about it.
I've been called a traitor by other posters a hundred times.
Which begs the question; a traitor to who, to what? .... :dunno:

It's already been established that not buying Russian oil will send prices even higher in this country, and the result of this cancellation would largely be negligible to Russia.

If we did stop Russian oil usage, and gas were to rise another dollar a gallon, you would be shrieking like an even bigger bitch than you already do.

Because I don't buy into the media's hyperbolic narrative about Ukraine, Russia, Putin, and am vocal about it.
I've been called a traitor by other posters a hundred times.
Which begs the question; a traitor to who, to what? .... :dunno:
You have allegiance to Putin over the U.S. government, you deserve to be shipped back to Pakistan on a one way ticket.

People of earth, don't do it. Don't burn the planet. It's not worth it. Fight it out on TV. Make a show of it. Otherwise, all of you who think you're gonna survive, will be the first to go.

Many who have a full brain to think of the consequences , are worried too. :(
1646529617041.jpeg

Bingo Skye.

Who told Mastercard etc, to cease operations? We don't have a leader so it wasn't anyone from here. It was Leader Of The Free World Pro Tem President Zelenskyy after consultation with our own leader less senate
From the article
The twin suspensions were announced within 16 minutes of each other, and they followed a private video call earlier in the day between President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine and U.S. lawmakers. During that conversation, Zelenskyy “asked us to turn off MasterCard and Visa for Russia,"

Many who have a full brain to think of the consequences , are worried too. :(
You're right to be worried but by now it is clear Putin expected the west to be overly cautious. Both world wars and the cold war began with Europe hoping the empire builders will be happy with just one bite out of the map. Turned out everyone was on the invasion list somewhere. These guys don't stop.

You are correct ClaireH! :thup:

The 90% are the sheeple who are asleep....it's sad....you'd think they had learn by now not to trust fake news media, who had lied to them about almost everything, from this stolen election to Covid and more....

But no, they haven't learn a thing....like before when they said Orange Man Bad... Biden good.... to today, when they say Putin Man Bad and Zelensky good.

Hopefully the sheeple ( some sheeple are from the right too,) will one day wake up.

You are correct ClaireH! :thup:

The 90% are the sheeple who are asleep....it's sad....you'd think they had learn by now not to trust fake news media, who had lied to them about almost everything, from this stolen election to Covid and more....

But no, they haven't learn a thing....like before when they said Orange Man Bad... Biden good.... to today, when they say Putin Man Bad and Zelensky good.

Hopefully the sheeple ( some sheeple are from the right too,) will one day wake up.
I’ve noticed lately a few posters who have supported… I’ll just say certain issues, have become silent about those particular issues lol I can only hope they have recently become informed, but I don’t expect a post about it. Although one “left-leaning moderate” (that’s his claim but his posts support further left goals) poster almost did, but he immediately retracted so he’d still be an accepted member of the erase culture and history club.

Last edited:
Yea, against you communist homos.
No. It's simple contrarianism taken to a ridiculous degree. Putin is absolutely counting on the far right to hobble our response to his mega land snatch. Decide quickly if you want to be his tool just to spite the libs.

Mastercard, Visa suspend operations in Russia after invasion

NEW YORK (AP) — Mastercard and Visa are suspending their operations in Russia, the companies said Saturday, in the latest blow to the country's financial system after its invasion of Ukraine.

Mastercard said cards issued by Russian banks will no longer be supported by its network and any card issued outside the country will not work at Russian stores or ATMs.

“We don't take this decision lightly,” Mastercard said in a statement, adding that it made the move after discussions with customers, partners and governments.

Visa said it's working with clients and partners in Russia to cease all Visa transactions over the coming days.

"We are compelled to act following Russia’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, and the unacceptable events that we have witnessed,” Visa Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Al Kelly said in a statement.

Many other companies around the world have also made moves to increase the financial pressure on Russia and its people because of its attack on Ukraine.

"This war and the ongoing threat to peace and stability demand we respond in line with our values," Kelly said.

This sounds ominous. Is the West hellbent on pushing Russia into WW3? Most checking account debit cards are one of these two—Visa or Mastercard. Seems like bad times ahead for the average Russian citizen. Have credit card companies dropped entire nations in the past?
I honestly have no idea how to end this mess. I don't think Putin's actions have the support of 10% of the Russian people, but we're pushing them all into a corner.

Sometimes DECISIVE war is better than sanctions. But you don't go to war with a nuclear superpower easily.

Forum List

Back