Massachusetts Gov. wants to ban plastic bottles. What happens if there is a Cat 4 hurricane that contaminates the water out of the faucet?

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
MSN
The governor of Massachusetts announced Monday at a Clinton Global Initiative meeting that state agencies would be banned from using single-use plastic bottles.
Democratic Massachusetts Gov. Maura Healey announced the plan to ban state agencies from using single-use plastics at the Clinton Global Initiative in New York City, alongside another initiative to set up “biodiversity conservation” goals for the state, according to a tweet. Healey previously made climate a large part of her campaign to be governor and said she would “electrify everything,” encourage the usage of electric vehicles and focus on eliminating pollution, according to her campaign website.
What if there is so much rain it causes the water supply to become contaminated which has happened many times after a hurricane? What happens to your car if the power goes out in said hurricane? No water, no transportation, just the Clinton's get wealthier because of the theft of US tax dollars, all in the name of Climate(err weather).

So much for relief efforts in Mass if a big one ever hits.

1695125244805.png

MSN What if there is so much rain it causes the water supply to become contaminated which has happened many times after a hurricane? What happens to your car if the power goes out in said hurricane? No water, no transportation, just the Clinton's get wealthier because of the theft of US tax dollars, all in the name of Climate(err weather).

So much for relief efforts in Mass if a big one ever hits.

View attachment 831274
what happens in an emergency? we are americans, we take emergency measures as appropriate.

i don't know how to package water, but plastic bottles are incredibly harmful both chemically and as land fill.

what happens in an emergency? we are americans, we take emergency measures as appropriate.

i don't know how to package water, but plastic bottles are incredibly harmful both chemically and as land fill.
We used to use glass bottles that would be picked up and take to the recycle plant and used again and again.

Plastic bottles are preferred over glass bottles because123:
  • They are lightweight, which makes them easier to carry around.
  • They are exceedingly durable, which means they can be dropped without breaking.
  • They provide brilliant thermal insulation.
  • They can easily be fashioned into different shapes, sizes and colors.
  • They can withstand extremely high and low temperatures.
  • They are recyclable.
Glass bottles are not durable and can easily shatter2.
Learn more:

Plastic vs. Glass – Why Plastic Conta…
packagingofthew…

Why PET Plastic Bottles Triumph Over Glass - Pl…
plastivision.org

Exactly Why Are Glass Bottles or Plastic Bottle…
silverspurcorp.com

What do you propose as a replacement?

Go back to glass?

Sure you idiots will find something wrong with that as well.

Tap water only for the proles!

I guess you never heard of glass bottles and cans?

Those have other issues. Plastic is cheaper, less mass, and currently a less finite reasource.

We are already having issues with the proper sand for concrete, and glass sand has to be of an even higher quality.

What happens if there is a Cat 4 hurricane that contaminates the water out of the faucet?​

No problem

Many libs think the earth is overpopulated anyway and a few million less is ok

It seems that eliminating plastic bottles will hamper water hydration. We know the electric cars will not be operating as there will be no electricity to charge them after a hurricane or disaster. Although there is a possibility a vehicle with any charge in it may be able to power some equipment for a short while with the right equipment. After that it is dead.

My well water is not very good. Sometimes it smells of Sulphur. I had it tested when I bought the house, half way to the legal limit in iron which is bad. Over the limit for maganese. I am almost positive the people I bought the house from poured gallons of bleach into the well before I bought it so there could be a bacteria problem.

The bottom line is all my drinking water is bottled water, cooking as well. The cheapest way to buy the water is in 16 ounce bottles.

Connecticut is going to charge or put a recycling fee of 10 cents a bottle. It will be a bit of an inconvenience as I will now have to return the bottles for recycling, instead of putting them in my recycling bin.

Which, why have a recycling fee for plastic bottles if we have a recycle bin that gets picked up weekly, that I have to pay for, by law.

Last edited:

What happens if there is a Cat 4 hurricane that contaminates the water out of the faucet?​

No problem

Many libs think the earth is overpopulated anyway and a few million less is ok
That is what vaccines are for.

We know what would really happen. The hypocrites would simply use plastic because laws don't apply to liberals.

Forum List

Back