Mass shooting in Australia, gun control there is FAILING

You can ban assault weapons but an idiot killing people and burning their college is still an idiot

‘It’s just horrifying’: Seven killed in Australia’s deadliest mass shooting in 22 years

An Australian community is reeling from the deadliest mass shooting the country has seen in more than 20 years, after seven people, including four children, were discovered dead on a rural property near Margaret River.

Authorities in Western Australia responded early Friday morning to a home in Osmington, not far from Perth, where the four children and three adults were found dead from gunshot wounds, according to local news reports.

The shooting has rattled Australia, where lawmakers passed some of the world's most restrictive gun-control laws after a 1996 massacre in Tasmania.

“ 'Shocking' is about the only word,” resident Felicity Haynes told 9 News Australia. “I just feel sick to the stomach. That couldn't happen here.”

[‘AMERICAN NIGHTMARE’: Australians react to fatal police shooting in ‘very risky’ United States]

Western Australia police commissioner Chris Dawson said at a news conference that officers responded to the scene about 5:15 a.m. and discovered the seven bodies. Two adults were outside, and five other victims were inside the home in Osmington, a small town nestled in Western Australia's southwest corner.
By that logic, all laws fail to stop crime, we should then not have laws?

There is no known way to ban guns from criminals.

Get real
No way to stop jaywalkers, speeders or murders , either. Let's all just give up and shrug it off. What can you do...

You are not making a point

PS. There is also no way to stop bimbos from making internet post

In your mind only. MOST people in the US do NOT carry guns. You may dream about it but most don't carry guns at all. In fact, most homes don't even have guns at all. The bulk of the guns are owned by only a small percentage of the people who own multiple guns. You use the total and spread it out over the entire population when it's only a small percentage that actually owns the guns.

Australia's gun murder just went up. 7 murders in 22 years and that's it. Rather than ding them for those 7 deaths, how about taking your hat off to them for the 22 years where there were Zero Gun Murders. And then wish them another 22 years of no gun murders.

they haven't had 0 gun murders and they have had about 15 public shootings since they banned and confiscated guns....and their gun crime rate is going up, not down....
Ah, the "liberals believe it will stop all shootings" straw man. I believe we've already discussed this.

Wow, 15 public shootings in 22 years. Why, that's a friggin crime wave. Chicago can have that many in a week. If any large US City only got 15 in one year it would be cause for a parade except some idiot would be waiting along the way with an AR-15 to go for a new record.
AR15s are just sporting rifles...

AR-15's are target shooting rifles for idiots, I am sure Oliver North owns a bunch

You mean like this woman..

Or these 200 women...

You can ban assault weapons but an idiot killing people and burning their college is still an idiot

‘It’s just horrifying’: Seven killed in Australia’s deadliest mass shooting in 22 years

An Australian community is reeling from the deadliest mass shooting the country has seen in more than 20 years, after seven people, including four children, were discovered dead on a rural property near Margaret River.

Authorities in Western Australia responded early Friday morning to a home in Osmington, not far from Perth, where the four children and three adults were found dead from gunshot wounds, according to local news reports.

The shooting has rattled Australia, where lawmakers passed some of the world's most restrictive gun-control laws after a 1996 massacre in Tasmania.

“ 'Shocking' is about the only word,” resident Felicity Haynes told 9 News Australia. “I just feel sick to the stomach. That couldn't happen here.”

[‘AMERICAN NIGHTMARE’: Australians react to fatal police shooting in ‘very risky’ United States]

Western Australia police commissioner Chris Dawson said at a news conference that officers responded to the scene about 5:15 a.m. and discovered the seven bodies. Two adults were outside, and five other victims were inside the home in Osmington, a small town nestled in Western Australia's southwest corner.

Get real
No way to stop jaywalkers, speeders or murders , either. Let's all just give up and shrug it off. What can you do...

REALLY? This is the best you can do? Mockery isn't a very good way of persuading people.

they haven't had 0 gun murders and they have had about 15 public shootings since they banned and confiscated guns....and their gun crime rate is going up, not down....
Ah, the "liberals believe it will stop all shootings" straw man. I believe we've already discussed this.

Wow, 15 public shootings in 22 years. Why, that's a friggin crime wave. Chicago can have that many in a week. If any large US City only got 15 in one year it would be cause for a parade except some idiot would be waiting along the way with an AR-15 to go for a new record.

AR-15's are target shooting rifles for idiots, I am sure Oliver North owns a bunch

Or these 200 women...

Now lets see that happen if a man with the same skills shoots back at her. The street AR-15 is useless as shit for home defense, pick one up and all enemies will assume you have a full auto gun that you do not have and treat you as such. Any asswipe can shoot a paper target, as they never make you duck for cover. Little kids will however be impressed

Get real

REALLY? This is the best you can do? Mockery isn't a very good way of persuading people.

Idiots can't be persuaded into not being idiots. That would take a genetic change.

Next

Or these 200 women...

Now lets see that happen if a man with the same skills shoots back at her. The street AR-15 is useless as shit for home defense, pick one up and all enemies will assume you have a full auto gun that you do not have and treat you as such. Any asswipe can shoot a paper target, as they never make you duck for cover. Little kids will however be impressed

Wow...you really don't know anything about guns, do you?

The AR for Home Defense: One Expert's Opinion

AR: So, what is it about the AR that makes it so suitable, in your opinion, for a home-defense scenario?

KL: The AR is very easy to shoot. Head out to the range and test my theory. Ask anyone who wants to join in on the fun to try shooting a scored event, under pressure, with a pistol at home-defense ranges. After you see their performance, try the same with an AR, I will bet money you see much better control of the system. Men and women alike just shoot better with a carbine than with a pistol. As long as the carbine is light enough for the shooter to handle properly, the learning curve will be straight-up.

The AR is unbelievably versatile, from contact shooting distances out to 300 yds., the carbine will outperform the pistol. Most of us don’t think of 300-yd. shooting as a likely home-defense scenario, and, in many areas, it wouldn’t be. But if given an option of defensive tools, and considering our country’s independent heritage and past experiences, why wouldn’t you want extended-range capabilities?

AR: What about other choices, such as the shotgun, for home defense?

KL: For self-defense, a reliable semi-automatic is king. That is why I would not pick the shotgun. Rarely can you find a semi-automatic shotgun that is 100-percent reliable with assorted ammunition. Add the fact that you may need to shoot without your shoulder to the buttstock and reliability with the scattergun drops even more. Recoil-operated semi-automatic shotguns are light and handy but unreliable when not held tightly, and gas-operated guns are heavier than I prefer for a home-defense scenario. Once again, if you want to carry a shotgun for home defense, knock yourself out. I choose not to do so. I am sure those who carry pump shotguns will chime in with the absolute final word on the proper pick for the home-defense shotgun—all I ask is that you head to the range and try to operate your pump gun with only one hand. Simulating a disabled arm will make you a believer in the semi-automatic carbine. The shotgun is also extremely deficient in magazine capacity. Once again, the AR shines in this category. Even in 10-round-maximum states, in which long-gun rights have been destroyed, you have more firepower than with most shotguns.

AR: Considering its portability and maneuverability, wouldn’t the pistol be the best choice for home defense?

KL: If you are among those who say, “If I can’t fix the problem with my eight rounds of .45 ACP, it can’t be fixed,” I say please grab a big old mug of black coffee and wake up from your dream. No one knows who, what, when, where or why the fight will start—blowhard statements only degrade an intelligent conversation.

Once again, focusing on reality, 5.56x45 mm NATO ammunition just plain works. There are literally thousands upon thousands of terrorists who have met their ends because of it. Apparently, they did not have a chance to read the latest gun blog decrying the lack of stopping power from the 5.56.

Or these 200 women...

And again, you don't know anything about actual guns.....

6 Reasons Why The AR-15 Is Actually Ideal For Self-Defense

1. It’s Lightweight

The AR-15 is lightweight. Typically, a stripped down rifle weighs around six pounds or so unloaded. Ammo adds weight, of course, but it’s still not overly heavy.

With that weight comes some serious advantages. For one, it allows you to hold it up as you check out the entirety of your home to find the source of the sound of breaking glass that woke you up. Keeping a weapon at low ready requires a lot more muscle than many people think, and a lightweight rifle helps keep the muscular strain minimal.

That becomes even more important if, God forbid, you have to fire. Muscle fatigue can make your hands unsteady, which could cause you to miss your target.

Further, because of its weight, it’s light enough for almost any member of the family. In my household, my son and wife can both easily handle my AR-15. The only one who can’t is my almost 7-year-old daughter. And even then the problem isn’t the weight, but the size.

That lightweight design makes it a great choice for home defense because it doesn’t matter who needs to grab it, it’s sized about right.

2. It’s Compact

When you have to work around corners inside the average American home, the last thing you want is a long length on your weapon. A longer gun becomes unwieldy, and the AR-15 is a compact design, particularly when taken with the 16″ barrel. This allows you to move through your home without knocking stuff down and creating more problems for yourself.

Further, it’s length is often adjustable. Most AR-15s come with a collapsible stock. While these are restricted in several states, they’re legal most places and they allow you to set the length even shorter if needed. This means it’s not just compact, but adjustable as well.

3. It Has Low Recoil

Or these 200 women...

And you just hit on why the gun is the best weapon for self defense......if a woman has to shoot it out with a man, they are on equal footing, the man's larger size, strength and aggression mean nothing to a woman with a gun.....they are equal....

Get real

Idiots can't be persuaded into not being idiots. That would take a genetic change.

Next
I am not exactly feeling comforted when I read someone that has a Cyrillic alphabetic in their response agrees with me.

Or these 200 women...

Wow...you really don't know anything about guns, do you?

The AR for Home Defense: One Expert's Opinion

AR: So, what is it about the AR that makes it so suitable, in your opinion, for a home-defense scenario?

KL: The AR is very easy to shoot. Head out to the range and test my theory. Ask anyone who wants to join in on the fun to try shooting a scored event, under pressure, with a pistol at home-defense ranges. After you see their performance, try the same with an AR, I will bet money you see much better control of the system. Men and women alike just shoot better with a carbine than with a pistol. As long as the carbine is light enough for the shooter to handle properly, the learning curve will be straight-up.

The AR is unbelievably versatile, from contact shooting distances out to 300 yds., the carbine will outperform the pistol. Most of us don’t think of 300-yd. shooting as a likely home-defense scenario, and, in many areas, it wouldn’t be. But if given an option of defensive tools, and considering our country’s independent heritage and past experiences, why wouldn’t you want extended-range capabilities?

AR: What about other choices, such as the shotgun, for home defense?

KL: For self-defense, a reliable semi-automatic is king. That is why I would not pick the shotgun. Rarely can you find a semi-automatic shotgun that is 100-percent reliable with assorted ammunition. Add the fact that you may need to shoot without your shoulder to the buttstock and reliability with the scattergun drops even more. Recoil-operated semi-automatic shotguns are light and handy but unreliable when not held tightly, and gas-operated guns are heavier than I prefer for a home-defense scenario. Once again, if you want to carry a shotgun for home defense, knock yourself out. I choose not to do so. I am sure those who carry pump shotguns will chime in with the absolute final word on the proper pick for the home-defense shotgun—all I ask is that you head to the range and try to operate your pump gun with only one hand. Simulating a disabled arm will make you a believer in the semi-automatic carbine. The shotgun is also extremely deficient in magazine capacity. Once again, the AR shines in this category. Even in 10-round-maximum states, in which long-gun rights have been destroyed, you have more firepower than with most shotguns.

AR: Considering its portability and maneuverability, wouldn’t the pistol be the best choice for home defense?

KL: If you are among those who say, “If I can’t fix the problem with my eight rounds of .45 ACP, it can’t be fixed,” I say please grab a big old mug of black coffee and wake up from your dream. No one knows who, what, when, where or why the fight will start—blowhard statements only degrade an intelligent conversation.

Once again, focusing on reality, 5.56x45 mm NATO ammunition just plain works. There are literally thousands upon thousands of terrorists who have met their ends because of it. Apparently, they did not have a chance to read the latest gun blog decrying the lack of stopping power from the 5.56.

The AR-15 is
1. Not a full auto gun as designed, which is like putting a 4 cylinder Toyota engine in a Lamborghini
2. Does not make the list of best sniper rifles anywhere
3. Is useless except to little kids who want to shoot their teacher
4. Grow up turd

Or these 200 women...

And you just hit on why the gun is the best weapon for self defense......if a woman has to shoot it out with a man, they are on equal footing, the man's larger size, strength and aggression mean nothing to a woman with a gun.....they are equal....

So in your mind rifles are good in close encounters and can be concealed in a pocket

You are a functional retard.

How many guns do you own?

it was a domestic

it was a domestic

HUH

Everybody but rwnj NRA cultists knows that gun control doesn't mean 0 shootings, it means less shootings.

Except it isn't working that way in Britain or Australia, doofus. In both countries gun crime is going up, not down, meanwhile, in the United States....gun crime, gun murder and violent crime is going down, while more Americans are owning and actually carrying guns.....

Your entire point is wrong......gun control in Britain? More gun crime. Gun control in Australia? More gun crime.

More people carrying guns in the U.S.? Gun murder down, gun crime down, violent crime down.

In your mind only. MOST people in the US do NOT carry guns. You may dream about it but most don't carry guns at all. In fact, most homes don't even have guns at all. The bulk of the guns are owned by only a small percentage of the people who own multiple guns. You use the total and spread it out over the entire population when it's only a small percentage that actually owns the guns.

Australia's gun murder just went up. 7 murders in 22 years and that's it. Rather than ding them for those 7 deaths, how about taking your hat off to them for the 22 years where there were Zero Gun Murders. And then wish them another 22 years of no gun murders.

Ar15s are toys that let nobody wannabes act tough.

AR-15s are not toys....that you would think they are shows how stupid a human being you are...

AR-15s are not toys....that you would think they are shows how stupid a human being you are...
What police or military unit uses the AR-15 street version?

Answer NONE as the AR-15 is a TOY when compared to a real weapon

Forum List

Back