Maryland Suburb Mayor Dies Of Apparent Suicide

I blame the media for this shit.
Yes, and we can go even further and blame Right-Wing media -- who since the days of Newt Gingrich -- spent decades convincing their listeners that Democrats were evil incarnate -- just because they wanted to maintain a social safety net; expand Medicare/Social security, etc....

Virtually every presidential candidate the past 40 years that the GOP nominated and once praised as the second coming of Reagan -- from Bush, to Romney, etc --- the GOP has turned on all of them and their main complaint was -- they were not depraved enough....and let's not forget that Trump didn't rise to prominence because of his Conservative policy talk -- he rose to prominence because he hopped on the racist birther movement...that is all RW media.....

Yes, and we can go even further and blame Right-Wing media -- who since the days of Newt Gingrich -- spent decades convincing their listeners that Democrats were evil incarnate -- just because they wanted to maintain a social safety net; expand Medicare/Social security, etc....

Virtually every presidential candidate the past 40 years that the GOP nominated and once praised as the second coming of Reagan -- from Bush, to Romney, etc --- the GOP has turned on all of them and their main complaint was -- they were not depraved enough....and let's not forget that Trump didn't rise to prominence because of his Conservative policy talk -- he rose to prominence because he hopped on the racist birther movement...that is all RW media.....
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

It's pretty unrealistic to believe an entire side is evil and unreasonable. I was taught that underneath it all most people are decent.

It's pretty unrealistic to believe an entire side is evil and unreasonable. I was taught that underneath it all most people are decent.
People are nasty, selfish, evil. With very few exceptions. The best you can hope for is that people are honest about their evilness.

People are nasty, selfish, evil. With very few exceptions. The best you can hope for is that people are honest about their evilness.
People are angry and afraid. Those emotions can lead to evil words and actions. Most people are decent and do not want to be evil. I believe humanity is worthy.

People are angry and afraid. Those emotions can lead to evil words and actions. Most people are decent and do not want to be evil.
Most people are, if they are honest, completely self absorbed. Altruism as you believe it to be does not exist. If I walked up to you and told you to give me your car and all the money in your wallet, you would not be true to your own definition of goodness if you did not give me what I asked for.

That dishonestly is why democrats are destroying this country. I do not accept that lightly.

Most people are, if they are honest, completely self absorbed. Altruism as you believe it to be does not exist.
Humanity is more good than bad. That's what I believe. I think due to that trend we're going to keep growing, and that slowly we will start to rise above fear, hatred and selfishness. This isn't the best we can do. People are capable of so much more.

Humanity is more good than bad. That's what I believe. I think due to that trend we're going to keep growing, and that slowly we will start to rise above fear, hatred and selfishness. This isn't the best we can do. People are capable of so much more.
Okay. Sell your home today and put the money in the bank, and write me a check for all the money in your bank accounts.

Most people are, if they are honest, completely self absorbed. Altruism as you believe it to be does not exist. If I walked up to you and told you to give me your car and all the money in your wallet, you would not be true to your own definition of goodness if you did not give me what I asked for.

That dishonestly is why democrats are destroying this country. I do not accept that lightly.
I don't believe that not participating in unreasonable charity that would prevent me from living my own life makes me inconsistent with my beliefs. I'm not saying everybody should give up everything. That's not really sustainable, is it? At this time it's impossible for everybody to be comfortable in life. That's a tragedy we must live with as we push forward. Maybe we can change that someday, but not this day.

I don't believe that not participating in unreasonable charity that would prevent me from living my own life makes me inconsistent with my beliefs. I'm not saying everybody should give up everything. That's not really sustainable, is it? At this time it's impossible for everybody to be comfortable.
If you're a "good person", you'll realize that I need your money more than you need it. Give it to me.

If you're a "good person", you'll realize that I need your money more than you need it. Give it to me.
That's not how it works. Me not doing that doesn't make me inconsistent. Also I don't know that I'm a good person. I think it would be arrogant to claim such a thing. I do try to be though. I'll let God decide that.

I need your money. Give it to me.
I pay taxes for things that are useful to you, like infrastructure and a military. I'd also like it if my taxes could help more people not lose everything because of a treatable medical condition. I support feeding the poor too. I do give, and I do so willingly. There has to be a balance though. The real world has limitations, as you know.

I pay taxes for things that are useful to you, like infrastructure and a military. I'd also like it if my taxes could help more people not lose everything because of a treatable medical condition. I support feeding the poor too. I do give, and I do so willingly. There has to be a balance though. The real world has limitations, as you know.
If you're a moral person, you'll help me.

and yet, here we are.......with a significant segment of people who are more animated by the prospects of being able to do something TO PEOPLE they hate more so than doing something FOR EVERYONE..

Nearly every single policy proposal that animates the conservative base is predicated on doing something to someone -- whether its putting Congressmen in jail for investigating Jan 6th to putting librarians in jail for not taking books off the shelves about the holocaust

and yet, here we are.......with a significant segment of people who are more animated by the prospects of being able to do something TO PEOPLE they hate more so than doing something FOR EVERYONE..

Nearly every single policy proposal that animates the conservative base is predicated on doing something to someone -- whether its putting Congressmen in jail for investigating Jan 6th to putting librarians in jail for not taking books off the shelves about the holocaust
For the most part they're not evil people. You have to stop believing that if you want to join us in reality.

"The mayor of Hyattsville, Maryland, an urban area outside of Washington, DC, is dead at the age of 44 after committing suicide. Ward previously served as city council president in Hyattsville, located just north of the border between Maryland and the District of Columbia, then won the mayoral election in May 2021. Ward’s body was found by United States Park Police officers in Fort Marcy, a park in McLean. Ward leaves behind a husband and two sons."

Who knows what demons this guy was dealing with.....after all, he was a Democrat...on top of that, he was gay -- that alone can be enough of a reason to commit sucide...but there could be some deeper issues he was dealing with.......maybe he was under some type of investigation and he offed himself before the truth came out..Thoughts and prayers to his so-called husband and sons tho....
You should join that mayor.

Forum List

Back