Man Shoots Up Motel In Dispute Over Unfair Regulations & Policies

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"A motel guest angry at being charged an extra $150 for smoking in his nonsmoking room shot up the front entrance of Motel 6 around 10 a.m. Friday. Police have named Johnnie Kendrall Adams, 35, of Mississippi, as a suspect in the shooting after locating him in Alpine, Wyoming, later that day. Adams stayed at the hotel Wednesday and Thursday. When paying his bill, the hotel staff told him they would charge him extra because they had to rid his room of cigarette smoke.

Adams insisted he hadn’t smoked while staying overnight, Smith said. “He kept getting angrier and angrier,” Smith said. “I got the manager on the phone, and the manager told him the same thing I did. (Adams) cussed out the manager and called him some nasty things. He stormed out (after) it was charged to his card.”
Shortly after, Adams is alleged to have pulled up outside the front of the motel.
“I saw him pull the rifle out of his truck. I yelled at everybody and ducked under the table and called 911,” Smith said."

First of all, what is to stop a motel from just accusing any guest of smoking....they had no proof this guy was smoking so I can see why he was angry about being charged for something that shouldn't even be an issue to begin with...how are motels and hotels allowed to get away with this kind of stuff? Now the guy didn't do himself any favors by shooting the place up, which apparently caused 40K worth a damage....and even that is suspect because how is just letting off a few rounds from your rifle able to cause that much damage?? Besides, no one was hurt...

Now the guy is facing 5 felony counts of a assault -- all over some hotel's dumb anti-smoking policy....People think unvaccinated people are the most oppressed people ever -- but I think smokers have been far more oppressed than anti-vaxxers -- and no one really has done anything to stop it....we basically allow big government and big business to tell us where we can and where we can't smoke -- basically stripping away our freedoms...and no one really stood up or did anything to stop it...still to this day...sad...

Ugh...

When will you get bored of this?
Bored of what??

Standing up for freedom??

You people just sit there and allow government to treat smokers this way?? Don't you think they will come for the anti-vaxers next?

Telling them where they can go or not go -- and then fining them for it

Bored of what??

Standing up for freedom??

You people just sit there and allow government to treat smokers this way?? Don't you think they will come for the anti-vaxers next?

Telling them where they can go or not go -- and then fining them for it
I didn't think it was possible for you to disappoint me. Haha

I didn't think it was possible for you to disappoint me. Haha
So you are in favor of the unvaccinated being treated differently than other Americans??

So you truly are a Marxist trying masquerade as some Conservative.....

OhJustPleaseQuit was right about you...sad

So you are in favor of the unvaccinated being treated differently than other Americans??

So you truly are a Marxist trying masquerade as some Conservative.....

OhJustPleaseQuit was right about you...sad
Why are you leaning into this shtick so hard? 😕

Even if they did lie about him smoking, you can’t just shoot the joint up like that. Jesus Christ.
He crossed the line when he shot the place up...but I would have had no problems if he decided to open carry with his rifle into the hotel office and give them a piece of his mind...they may have waived that fee once they seen him lock and loaded....

#MAGA2024

He crossed the line when he shot the place up...but I would have had no problems if he decided to open carry with his rifle into the hotel office and give them a piece of his mind...they may have waived that fee once they seen him lock and loaded....

#MAGA2024
Are you being sarcastic or what

"A motel guest angry at being charged an extra $150 for smoking in his nonsmoking room shot up the front entrance of Motel 6 around 10 a.m. Friday. Police have named Johnnie Kendrall Adams, 35, of Mississippi, as a suspect in the shooting after locating him in Alpine, Wyoming, later that day. Adams stayed at the hotel Wednesday and Thursday. When paying his bill, the hotel staff told him they would charge him extra because they had to rid his room of cigarette smoke.

Adams insisted he hadn’t smoked while staying overnight, Smith said. “He kept getting angrier and angrier,” Smith said. “I got the manager on the phone, and the manager told him the same thing I did. (Adams) cussed out the manager and called him some nasty things. He stormed out (after) it was charged to his card.”
Shortly after, Adams is alleged to have pulled up outside the front of the motel.
“I saw him pull the rifle out of his truck. I yelled at everybody and ducked under the table and called 911,” Smith said."

First of all, what is to stop a motel from just accusing any guest of smoking....they had no proof this guy was smoking so I can see why he was angry about being charged for something that shouldn't even be an issue to begin with...how are motels and hotels allowed to get away with this kind of stuff? Now the guy didn't do himself any favors by shooting the place up, which apparently caused 40K worth a damage....and even that is suspect because how is just letting off a few rounds from your rifle able to cause that much damage?? Besides, no one was hurt...

Now the guy is facing 5 felony counts of a assault -- all over some hotel's dumb anti-smoking policy....People think unvaccinated people are the most oppressed people ever -- but I think smokers have been far more oppressed than anti-vaxxers -- and no one really has done anything to stop it....we basically allow big government and big business to tell us where we can and where we can't smoke -- basically stripping away our freedoms...and no one really stood up or did anything to stop it...still to this day...sad...
I want a non farting room !

I wish you would've been there.

First of all, what is to stop a motel from just accusing any guest of smoking....they had no proof this guy was smoking so I can see why he was angry about being charged for something that shouldn't even be an issue to begin with...how are motels and hotels allowed to get away with this kind of stuff?
I can see both sides of this. I am a non-smoker and if I get a non-smoking room, I don't want it smelling like cigs. If the guy smokes in the room, I have no problem with the motel charging him extra. On the other hand, the management better document the evidence by which they are accusing the person of smoking (or allowing smoking) in the room which can be hard to do. Unless the "guest" is egregious in breaking the no smoking rule, it's probably best for the motel management to just let it go.

Forum List

Back