In-laws of 7-time NASCAR champ Jimmie Johnson found dead in apparent murder-suicide

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

The father-in-law and mother-in-law of seven-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Jimmie Johnson were found dead Monday in a suspected murder-suicide.

According to Muskogee, Oklahoma, police, 69-year-old Jack Janway, 68-year-old Terry Janway and 11-year-old Dalton Janway were found shot after a disturbance call to the Janways’ residence Monday evening. Dalton Janway is the Janways’ grandson and the nephew of Jimmie Johnson and his wife Chandra.

Police believe that Chandra's mother Terry was the shooter.

When I heard about it I was "hoping" it was a mercy thing. Maybe her husband had cancer or something.

That was before I saw she killed the kid too.
icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

The father-in-law and mother-in-law of seven-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Jimmie Johnson were found dead Monday in a suspected murder-suicide.

According to Muskogee, Oklahoma, police, 69-year-old Jack Janway, 68-year-old Terry Janway and 11-year-old Dalton Janway were found shot after a disturbance call to the Janways’ residence Monday evening. Dalton Janway is the Janways’ grandson and the nephew of Jimmie Johnson and his wife Chandra.

Police believe that Chandra's mother Terry was the shooter.

When I heard about it I was "hoping" it was a mercy thing. Maybe her husband had cancer or something.

That was before I saw she killed the kid too.
icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

I never really got into NASCAR but lived near Daytona for a bit so you couldn't avoid getting dragged into the ole left-turn derby.

I remember when Dale Earnhardt died and thinking that might be the worst thing to happen to racing, and then this shit. Reminds me of Chris Benoit.

One of these days good mental health for the general population will in someway become a top priority. Sad situation for the Johnson family I am not sure what else to say.:(

Forum List

Back