Marxist profs seem to hate history.

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
Wow why am I not surprised. This triggers them I wonder why?

Hundreds of professors at the University of North Carolina signed a public letter Tuesday opposing legislation that would require university students to take courses on America's government and founding documents.

The 673 UNC Chapel Hill professors revealed the public letter Tuesday, arguing the new courses and another bill in the North Carolina House of Representatives would constitute an infringement on the university's "academic freedom."

The first piece of legislation, House Bill 96, would require students to take a 3 credit-hour course covering America's founding and history. Required reading for the course would include the U.S. Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Emancipation Proclamation, at least five essays from the Federalist Papers, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Letter from Birmingham Jail and the Gettysburg Address.

The professors argue the legislation "violates core principles of academic freedom" and "substitutes ideological force-feeding for the intellectual expertise of faculty."

Wow why am I not surprised. This triggers them I wonder why?

Hundreds of professors at the University of North Carolina signed a public letter Tuesday opposing legislation that would require university students to take courses on America's government and founding documents.

The 673 UNC Chapel Hill professors revealed the public letter Tuesday, arguing the new courses and another bill in the North Carolina House of Representatives would constitute an infringement on the university's "academic freedom."

The first piece of legislation, House Bill 96, would require students to take a 3 credit-hour course covering America's founding and history. Required reading for the course would include the U.S. Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Emancipation Proclamation, at least five essays from the Federalist Papers, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Letter from Birmingham Jail and the Gettysburg Address.

The professors argue the legislation "violates core principles of academic freedom" and "substitutes ideological force-feeding for the intellectual expertise of faculty."
While I would not classify all of them as Marxists, I do not agree with their view, as they are a state government school of higher education and it is in the state's interest to have the students get at least some smattering of basic knowledge of government, our founding documents and history. Their view definitely solidifies the institution as a Liberal Arts university.

While I would not classify all of them as Marxists, I do not agree with their view, as they are a state government school of higher education and it is in the state's interest to have the students get at least some smattering of basic knowledge of government, our founding documents and history. Their view definitely solidifies the institution as a Liberal Arts university.

~~~~~~
Meanwhile, these same so-called professors' push and call for mandatory credits for CRT and the 1619 Project.

~~~~~~
Meanwhile, these same so-called professors' push and call for mandatory credits for CRT and the 1619 Project.

Somebody posted something a few days ago, from Florida, about that state's schools giving AP credit, if the student had taken an approved high school course, that covered CRT and BLM and some other stuff, you would never think of as AP subject matter, and that was Florida, for goodness sake!

The professors do this in their courses.

No legislature is qualified to instruct collegel level professionals how to teach courses.

Forum List

Back