Martin Luther King believed in God given Rights; Why don't Libbies?

The far right reactionaries, like 2dAmendment or Publius or Lonestar and their weevil like, hate civil liberties, and certainly they would not give them to people of color if they possible.

asinine post, completely untrue.

YOU are the "reactionary" jake, whatever the fuck you think that word means.

Absolutely true based on the frothing anger of Redfish. You, son, are a reactionary on the far right, wishing to take us back to the 1950s and beyond in civil liberties.

That will never happen.

My anger stems from your stupidity. I am not far right, I am center right on most issues, center left on most social issues, and center right on financial issues.

Your rhetoric on every topic identifies you as a far left "reactionary". Either that or you are just a liar.

Letter from a Birmingham Jail [King, Jr.]

We have waited for more than 340 years for our constitutional and God given rights.

This is line with the Ninth Amendment, which makes it clear that all rights are innate to the individual; which is the foundation of the Enlightenment and John Locke's Popular Sovereignty.

Locke's "god given rights" crapola begins and ends with white folks.

Critics point out that John Locke invested in the English slave-trade through the Royal Africa Company. Also, Locke helped draft the Fundamental Constitution of the Carolinas, which created a feudal aristocracy and left slaves under the complete control of their masters. Beyond that, some people believe that Locke's statements regarding unenclosed property helped justify the Native American displacement. These critics often accuse him of hypocrisy, since his major writings oppose slavery and aristocracy.
John Locke

And are you cherry picking King?

He also believed in living wages..as in a minimum wage that allows people to live at a baseline.

Here we go with the "living wage" bullshit again. Tell me Shallow, how much is a living wage in NYC? how much in Fargo ND? how much in Dallas? LA? Valdosta, Ga? all the same?

how much for a single male in each city? how much for a guy with a wife and four kids in each city?

you are an idiot, shallow. a shallow idiot.

I'm guessing MLK and Republicans parted ways when it came to "voter suppression"?

Considering it's historically been Democrats who engaged in voter surpression and he opposed them in that, i dont think we really do

How is that relevant? It's been mostly religious institutions who burned people at the stake,

is that a relevant reflection on religion?

Because though most of them praise MLK Jr., they don't actually care about what he stood for.

And what is that supposed to mean?

I thought it was pretty self evident. The left praises MLK Jr because he is an icon they can use to draw people to them and pretend they are better than others. Problem is they don't listen to what he actually taught in regards to love and overcoming racism. They just pretend to for votes.

Because though most of them praise MLK Jr., they don't actually care about what he stood for.

I thought it was pretty self evident. The left praises MLK Jr because he is an icon they can use to draw people to them and pretend they are better than others. Problem is they don't listen to what he actually taught in regards to love and overcoming racism. They just pretend to for votes.

Really? And how many positions of Martin Luther King that are definable can you also define as not being supported by a majority of liberals?

Absolutely true based on the frothing anger of Redfish. You, son, are a reactionary on the far right, wishing to take us back to the 1950s and beyond in civil liberties.

That will never happen.

My anger stems from your stupidity. I am not far right, I am center right on most issues, center left on most social issues, and center right on financial issues.

Your rhetoric on every topic identifies you as a far left "reactionary". Either that or you are just a liar.

Your frothing anger stems from your reactionary wannabee conservative philosophy that is no longer accepted in great numbers even in the South.

You are a far right reactonary wing nut with a radical anti-American agenda.

What a silly assertion from a poster who does not even understand that MLK Jr would have supported King Benjamin's speech about the obligation personally and politically to support the poor.

The king commanded the people to attend and to follow his commandments.

Letter from a Birmingham Jail [King, Jr.]

This is line with the Ninth Amendment, which makes it clear that all rights are innate to the individual; which is the foundation of the Enlightenment and John Locke's Popular Sovereignty.

Critics point out that John Locke invested in the English slave-trade through the Royal Africa Company. Also, Locke helped draft the Fundamental Constitution of the Carolinas, which created a feudal aristocracy and left slaves under the complete control of their masters. Beyond that, some people believe that Locke's statements regarding unenclosed property helped justify the Native American displacement. These critics often accuse him of hypocrisy, since his major writings oppose slavery and aristocracy.
John Locke

He also believed in living wages..as in a minimum wage that allows people to live at a baseline.

Here we go with the "living wage" bullshit again. Tell me Shallow, how much is a living wage in NYC? how much in Fargo ND? how much in Dallas? LA? Valdosta, Ga? all the same?

how much for a single male in each city? how much for a guy with a wife and four kids in each city?

That was one of things King advocated for..

Trying reading the post before you go into a frothing far right rant.

And when did God tell you that?

Be specific.

In the ten commandments "Thou shalt not kill"

And you can prove that the ten commandments came from God? As opposed to coming from Men who claimed to speak for God?

It's a "commandment" that the far right deems has plenty of caveats.

Being they don't object to capital punishment, war, or stalking and shooting black kids.

Think of it as a 'suggestion'.

As usual, the conservatives here claim that we have God given rights,

as long as conservatives get to tell us what those rights are, or aren't.

And when did God tell you that?

Be specific.

And you can prove that the ten commandments came from God? As opposed to coming from Men who claimed to speak for God?

Its what I believe, as do billions of Christians world wide.

You are free to believe whatever you choose. I do not have to defend my beliefs to you or anyone else.

Some day we will know whose beliefs are correct

It's a "commandment" that the far right deems has plenty of caveats.

Being they don't object to capital punishment, war, or stalking and shooting black kids.

Think of it as a 'suggestion'.

which people on the right think its OK to shoot black kids? give us some names. Are you still hung up on the Zimmerman case? He shot the thug in self defense, the jury acquitted him, its over.

capital punishment only occurs when the person has KILLED another person.

War is hell , no one wants war, whats wrong with you?

That will never happen.

Your frothing anger stems from your reactionary wannabee conservative philosophy that is no longer accepted in great numbers even in the South.

You are a far right reactonary wing nut with a radical anti-American agenda.

Nope, you on the looney far left are the ones with an anti-american agenda. You want a marxist dictatorial monarchy led by your lord and master, the great obama.

You hate freedom because you know that on a level playing field you will always lose.

That was one of things King advocated for..

Trying reading the post before you go into a frothing far right rant.

you brought up living wage, or should we call it libbing wage? I merely asked you how you think it should be established. care to try again?

As usual, the conservatives here claim that we have God given rights,

as long as conservatives get to tell us what those rights are, or aren't.

Rights in the USA are determined by the constitution and the bill of rights.

They are very clearly spelled out for us.

Its you on the far left who are trying to ignore some of them and misinterpret others.

That will never happen.

Don't expect anyone to think of you except as a frothing far right reactionary, Redfish.

You are not a centrist on almost anything, and every time you react I will point you out as the right reactonary that you are.

Yep, you lie as easily as Yurt. Perhaps you live in the same set of socks.

Forum List

Back