Martin Luther King believed in God given Rights; Why don't Libbies?

"Please show me, in the Constitution, the Article or Amendment that grants any of your so-called 'rights'. // Okay, the 14th Amendment might suffice, in a pinch, for your invention of 'equal protection of the law'.... Whatever the FUCK that means."

SCOTUS is not impressed with you whining.

Martin Luther King believed in God given Rights; Why don't Libbies?

This is ignorant and ridiculous given the fact most conservatives seek to deny citizens their inalienable rights, such as the right to privacy, the right to equal protection of the law, and the right to vote, and it’s liberals who fight to defend the inalienable rights of citizens.

It's why conservatives fight so hard for states' rights. They know that their crackpot oligarchial, oppressive, exclusionary agenda can never win at the national level,

but by returning power to the states they know that at least in some of those states they can muster a majority of conservatives who can successfully tyrannize any liberal minority,

on issues such as voting rights, non-discrimination in the workplace and in businesses, abortion rights, gay rights, etc., etc.

The far right reactionaries, like 2dAmendment or Publius or Lonestar and their weevil like, hate civil liberties, and certainly they would not give them to people of color if they possible.

The far right reactionaries, like 2dAmendment or Publius or Lonestar and their weevil like, hate civil liberties, and certainly they would not give them to people of color if they possible.

asinine post, completely untrue.

YOU are the "reactionary" jake, whatever the fuck you think that word means.

Letter from a Birmingham Jail [King, Jr.]

We have waited for more than 340 years for our constitutional and God given rights.

This is line with the Ninth Amendment, which makes it clear that all rights are innate to the individual; which is the foundation of the Enlightenment and John Locke's Popular Sovereignty.

Oppressed people cannot remain oppressed forever. The yearning for freedom eventually manifests itself, and that is what has happened to the American Negro. Something within has reminded him of his birthright of freedom, and something without has reminded him that it can be gained.

Clearly, MLK does not believe that rights "come from the State."

It appears that MLK doesn't wait for the SCOTUS to tell him what is just and unjust. So how does he define what is just and unjust (notice that he quoted St. Augustine, a religious figure) ?

Religious definition:

Secular translation:
Let us consider a more concrete example of just and unjust laws. An unjust law is a code that a numerical or power majority group compels a minority group to obey but does not make binding on itself. This is difference made legal. By the same token, a just law is a code that a majority compels a minority to follow and that it is willing to follow itself. This is sameness made legal.

What else does MLK have to say about Authoritarian scum?
We should never forget that everything Adolf Hitler did in Germany was "legal" and everything the Hungarian freedom fighters did in Hungary was "illegal." It was "illegal" to aid and comfort a Jew in Hitler's Germany. Even so, I am sure that, had I lived in Germany at the time, I would have aided and comforted my Jewish brothers. If today I lived in a Communist country where certain principles dear to the Christian faith are suppressed, I would openly advocate disobeying that country's antireligious laws.

So, Trendies/Libbies, Your fantasies about MLK notwithstanding, do you even KNOW who MLK was, what he TRULY stood for?

And......?

I'm guessing MLK and Republicans parted ways when it came to "voter suppression"?

Because though most of them praise MLK Jr., they don't actually care about what he stood for.

I'm guessing MLK and Republicans parted ways when it came to "voter suppression"?

Considering it's historically been Democrats who engaged in voter surpression and he opposed them in that, i dont think we really do

asinine post, completely untrue.

YOU are the "reactionary" jake, whatever the fuck you think that word means.

Absolutely true based on the frothing anger of Redfish. You, son, are a reactionary on the far right, wishing to take us back to the 1950s and beyond in civil liberties.

That will never happen.

Letter from a Birmingham Jail [King, Jr.]

We have waited for more than 340 years for our constitutional and God given rights.

This is line with the Ninth Amendment, which makes it clear that all rights are innate to the individual; which is the foundation of the Enlightenment and John Locke's Popular Sovereignty.

Locke's "god given rights" crapola begins and ends with white folks.

Critics point out that John Locke invested in the English slave-trade through the Royal Africa Company. Also, Locke helped draft the Fundamental Constitution of the Carolinas, which created a feudal aristocracy and left slaves under the complete control of their masters. Beyond that, some people believe that Locke's statements regarding unenclosed property helped justify the Native American displacement. These critics often accuse him of hypocrisy, since his major writings oppose slavery and aristocracy.
John Locke

And are you cherry picking King?

He also believed in living wages..as in a minimum wage that allows people to live at a baseline.

Forum List

Back