Martin Luther King believed in God given Rights; Why don't Libbies?

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Letter from a Birmingham Jail [King, Jr.]

We have waited for more than 340 years for our constitutional and God given rights.

This is line with the Ninth Amendment, which makes it clear that all rights are innate to the individual; which is the foundation of the Enlightenment and John Locke's Popular Sovereignty.

Oppressed people cannot remain oppressed forever. The yearning for freedom eventually manifests itself, and that is what has happened to the American Negro. Something within has reminded him of his birthright of freedom, and something without has reminded him that it can be gained.

Clearly, MLK does not believe that rights "come from the State."

You express a great deal of anxiety over our willingness to break laws. This is certainly a legitimate concern. Since we so diligently urge people to obey the Supreme Court's decision of 1954 outlawing segregation in the public schools, at first glance it may seem rather paradoxical for us consciously to break laws. One may well ask: "How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."

It appears that MLK doesn't wait for the SCOTUS to tell him what is just and unjust. So how does he define what is just and unjust (notice that he quoted St. Augustine, a religious figure) ?

Religious definition:
A just law is a man made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law. To put it in the terms of St. Thomas Aquinas: An unjust law is a human law that is not rooted in eternal law and natural law.

Secular translation:
Let us consider a more concrete example of just and unjust laws. An unjust law is a code that a numerical or power majority group compels a minority group to obey but does not make binding on itself. This is difference made legal. By the same token, a just law is a code that a majority compels a minority to follow and that it is willing to follow itself. This is sameness made legal.

What else does MLK have to say about Authoritarian scum?
We should never forget that everything Adolf Hitler did in Germany was "legal" and everything the Hungarian freedom fighters did in Hungary was "illegal." It was "illegal" to aid and comfort a Jew in Hitler's Germany. Even so, I am sure that, had I lived in Germany at the time, I would have aided and comforted my Jewish brothers. If today I lived in a Communist country where certain principles dear to the Christian faith are suppressed, I would openly advocate disobeying that country's antireligious laws.

So, Trendies/Libbies, Your fantasies about MLK notwithstanding, do you even KNOW who MLK was, what he TRULY stood for?

We have waited for more than 340 years for our constitutional and God given rights.

This is line with the Ninth Amendment, which makes it clear that all rights are innate to the individual; which is the foundation of the Enlightenment and John Locke's Popular Sovereignty.

Oppressed people cannot remain oppressed forever. The yearning for freedom eventually manifests itself, and that is what has happened to the American Negro. Something within has reminded him of his birthright of freedom, and something without has reminded him that it can be gained.

It appears that MLK doesn't wait for the SCOTUS to tell him what is just and unjust. So how does he define what is just and unjust (notice that he quoted St. Augustine, a religious figure) ?

Religious definition:

Secular translation:
Let us consider a more concrete example of just and unjust laws. An unjust law is a code that a numerical or power majority group compels a minority group to obey but does not make binding on itself. This is difference made legal. By the same token, a just law is a code that a majority compels a minority to follow and that it is willing to follow itself. This is sameness made legal.

We should never forget that everything Adolf Hitler did in Germany was "legal" and everything the Hungarian freedom fighters did in Hungary was "illegal." It was "illegal" to aid and comfort a Jew in Hitler's Germany. Even so, I am sure that, had I lived in Germany at the time, I would have aided and comforted my Jewish brothers. If today I lived in a Communist country where certain principles dear to the Christian faith are suppressed, I would openly advocate disobeying that country's antireligious laws.

So, Trendies/Libbies, Your fantasies about MLK notwithstanding, do you even KNOW who MLK was, what he TRULY stood for?

So you agree that abortion is a God given right?

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. preached forgiveness, love, acceptance, peace, freedom, and equality for all. The people who attempt to vilify this man are fucking psychotic. They are the same people who cheered when Dr. King was shot. They are the same type of people who killed Gandhi. And Jesus.

Now they vote Republican.

Have you ever looked at a map of the Confederate states next to a map of Republican red states? They're almost identical. Same states, same backwoods deep south cousin-fucking racist slave-owner mentality.

The Confederacy lost. Get used to it.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. preached forgiveness, love, acceptance, peace, freedom, and equality for all. The people who attempt to vilify this man are fucking psychotic. They are the same people who cheered when Dr. King was shot. They are the same type of people who killed Gandhi. And Jesus.

Have you ever looked at a map of the Confederate states next to a map of Republican red states? They're almost identical. Same states, same backwoods deep south cousin-fucking racist slave-owner mentality.

Last time I checked, blacks were still slaves in Democrat run Detroit and Chicago.

Now, on the subject of the OP:

Do you consider yourself a modern liberal? Do you believe in God given rights?

another leftie who bows before the idol of racist Political Correctness....

Because King was a man of God.

Progressives are men and women of, by and for government.

King was both a preacher and communist......shades of Jeremiah...:eek:

I think you'd be surprised.

MLK was a lifelong Republican, and what he was looking for was ANYBODY that could help his people get out from the yoke of dimocrap scumbags and Republicans who were tired of fighting for them (we lost 300,000 men freeing them).

So he may have turned to communists early in his life. But he didn't stay there.

What happened was pretty simple.... LBJ made a deal with MLK to simply steal money from people who work for it and give it to Black People if MLK could guarantee the Black Vote.

He could..... And he did.

Before 1964, over 90% of Blacks in America were Republican. Just a fact. Most of them were prevented from voting, but they were still Republicans. A fact that modern day dimocrap scum would rather not talk about, but a fact nonetheless.

After 1964, MLK, through the Black Church, swung Blacks over to the dimocrap side.

To this day, the Black Church is the most powerful influence in Black Society. It's power is waning, but it is still strong.... Ultra strong. Not like anything White people have ever experienced.

And MLK got the word out, vote dimocrap.

And they did. And they still do.

MLK may have thought he was doing the right thing for his people. The truth is, it was dimocrap scum that blocked every single piece of Civil Rights Legislation up to that point in our history. LBJ promised to deliver the 1964 Civil Rights Act (which Republicans were for and had introduced in 1957) and MLK kept his promise and delivered the Black vote.

Blacks have been in abject poverty ever since. They sold their souls to the Devil for a few pieces of Silver. I doubt they ever recover.

Maybe in a thousand years. I doubt it, though

Last edited:
Yet King made his famous speech on a memorial to a certain president who wanted to deport the freed negro to the Caribbean, Belize, Panama and Guyana.

Yet King made his famous speech on a memorial to a certain president who wanted to deport the freed negro to the Caribbean, Belize, Panama and Guyana.

You mean the guy that freed them? Some dimocrap named abey-baby, or something?

I think he was just offering them somewhere to go, like Liberia. :dunno:

Funny how, when it's a national holiday and schools are out, there don't seem to be as many dimocraps infesting the board.

Have you Republican voters ever heard of Lee Atwater's "Southern Strategy"?

Look that up.

Religious definition:

Secular translation:

No, before he died MLK was about to get hot and heavy into social justice, redistribution of wealth, and affirmative action. In short, he was moving closer to Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson. If he had not died that would be his legacy. He did what he needed so as to appease as much as possible while moving the ball forward. Don't be fooled.

MLK Jr would never have agreed with states' rights that kept folks because of race and gender and orientation in second class citizenship.

The OP doth fail.

Because King was a man of God.

Progressives are men and women of, by and for government.

King was both a preacher and communist......shades of Jeremiah...:eek:

I think you'd be surprised.

MLK was a lifelong Republican, and what he was looking for was ANYBODY that could help his people get out from the yoke of dimocrap scumbags and Republicans who were tired of fighting for them (we lost 300,000 men freeing them).

So he may have turned to communists early in his life. But he didn't stay there.

What happened was pretty simple.... LBJ made a deal with MLK to simply steal money from people who work for it and give it to Black People if MLK could guarantee the Black Vote.

He could..... And he did.

Before 1964, over 90% of Blacks in America were Republican. Just a fact. Most of them were prevented from voting, but they were still Republicans. A fact that modern day dimocrap scum would rather not talk about, but a fact nonetheless.

After 1964, MLK, through the Black Church, swung Blacks over to the dimocrap side.

To this day, the Black Church is the most powerful influence in Black Society. It's power is waning, but it is still strong.... Ultra strong. Not like anything White people have ever experienced.

And MLK got the word out, vote dimocrap.

And they did. And they still do.

MLK may have thought he was doing the right thing for his people. The truth is, it was dimocrap scum that blocked every single piece of Civil Rights Legislation up to that point in our history. LBJ promised to deliver the 1964 Civil Rights Act (which Republicans were for and had introduced in 1957) and MLK kept his promise and delivered the Black vote.

Blacks have been in abject poverty ever since. They sold their souls to the Devil for a few pieces of Silver. I doubt they ever recover.

Maybe in a thousand years. I doubt it, though

yes...MLK was what they call a 'sinister minister'......and LBJ and the Dems were not the black man's friend until they figured they had to play the game....but MLK was only a Republican because his minister father was one.....later he never identified with either party.....but he did continue to surround himself with Communists...even against the Dems advice.....one of his biggest goals was 'economic justice'.....remind you of anybody today....?

His [Martin Luther King Jr.'s] closest advisor Stanley Levison was a Communist, as was his assistant Jack O’Dell. Robert and later John F. Kennedy repeatedly warned him to stop associating himself with such subversives, but he never did. He frequently spoke before Communist front groups such as the National Lawyers Guild and Lawyers for Democratic Action. King even attended seminars at The Highlander Folk School, another Communist front, which taught Communist tactics, which he later employed.

The photo below of King is extremely important as it identifies King with Carl and Ann Branden. They are lifelong Communist Party activists out of Louisville, Kentucky. Both were leaders in SCEF, Carl Branden was convicted of criminal sedition in 1954. He and his wife purchased a home for blacks in a white neighborhood to incite racial violence. Later they were charged with bombing the same house to win sympathy for their cause and to raise money. Ann Braden today is a founder of the Atlanta based "Center for Democratic Renewal" which smears Conservative patriots.
mlk_jr1.jpg

The U. S. Congressional Record of March 30, 1965 quotes Karl Prussian, an FBI counterspy inside the Communist Party as swearing: "At all of these (Communist Party) meetings Rev. Martin Luther King was always set forth as the individual to whom Communists should rally around... King has either been a member of, or willingly accepted support from over 60 Communist fronts... King accepted support from communist fronts , individuals and organizations which espouse communist causes."

Martin Luther King's Communist Connections

This is ignorant and ridiculous given the fact most conservatives seek to deny citizens their inalienable rights, such as the right to privacy, the right to equal protection of the law, and the right to vote, and it’s liberals who fight to defend the inalienable rights of citizens.

This is ignorant and ridiculous given the fact most conservatives seek to deny citizens their inalienable rights, such as the right to privacy, the right to equal protection of the law, and the right to vote, and it’s liberals who fight to defend the inalienable rights of citizens.

Uh.... Please show me, in the Constitution, the Article or Amendment that grants any of your so-called 'rights'.

Okay, the 14th Amendment might suffice, in a pinch, for your invention of 'equal protection of the law'.... Whatever the FUCK that means. :dunno:

There is no right to privacy. Nowhere. Not in the Federal Constitution. Doesn't exist

And there is NO Federally Guaranteed 'right to vote'.

Know why? Because there are NO Federal Elections.

Yes, stupid, there are no Federal Elections. Trust me. (do not quibble with me about the District and the protectorates)

There are only State elections for Federal Positions.

State Congressmen, voted on by State Citizens.

And State Electoral College Votes, voted on by a State's Citizens.

No wonder you're a dimocrap. You really are THAT stupid.

Why don't they just rename MLK day to "Community Organizer Day". Its sole purpose is to rally the blacks into following their Dear Leader of the day.

Yeah right. NSA NSA NSA.

Forum List

Back