Martin Gugino

That's the 75 year old guy the police shoved to the ground. A recent report on OAN revealed that Mr. Gugino is a well known activist and agitator. The thing he was holding up to the officer was a police tracker that gives coordinates of police locations and is a well known tactic of Antifa. It's called 'skimming' and also used to blackout police communication.

"Martin Gugino is a 75-year-old professional agitator and Antifa provocateur who brags on his blog about the number of times he can get arrested and escape prosecution. Gugino’s Twitter Account is also filled with anti-cop sentiment [SEE HERE]. Last Thursday Gugino traveled from his home in Amherst, New York, to Buffalo to agitate a protest crowd."

"During his effort Gugino was attempting to capture the radio communications signature of Buffalo police officers. CTH noted what he was attempting on Thursday night as soon as the now viral video was being used by media to sell a police brutality narrative. [Thread Here] Today, a more clear video has emerged that shows exactly what he was attempting."

As much as I know how right Sundance has been on OTHER stuff at CTH -- I think he's WAY off on this one.. There are 2 vids of this "push down" and in BOTH -- the object in the guys' right hand is a cell phone...

This is NOT a surveillance tool for "skimming" anything.. You can only record audio on a cell phone so no "frequencies" or coding or other metadata is gonna get "skimmed"... And all he's gonna hear is the ambient audio... Guy might have THOUGHT he was doing something, but it was a stupid move to approach the police and started waving a cell phone at their belts...
Prove it.

It doesn't matter. The cop shouldn't have pushed him. He was not threatening the cop.

I'm on the fence here bro.. I don't believe the skimming accusation, but he DID push his cell phone at one of them. Have no idea WHAT he THOUGHT he was doing, but probably reading his FB/Twitter pages -- don't think he did either...

It's a cell phone. It's not a gun. The cop should have grabbed him and towed him out of the way.

Then kept him out of the way till they had marched by. They compounded their problem by lying and claiming he tripped. That was just stupid.

Yeah I saw it.. And you're right. But I think at that point they didn't have grounds to arrest him for doing a kamikaze run at a bunch of riot cops, so they had few options.. Got to admit it was a stupid UNEXPECTED move.. Probably the police were thinking suicide bomber or something but couldn't come up with a reason to detain him.. It's just so random, I don't KNOW if their training could even address it..

Arrest, no, but steer the idiot out of the way and keep him on the sidelines. At some point the police need to be trained in common sense.

Old people don't have good balance. You push them and they are going to fall. Then, by lying about it they compounded the problem.

Had they stopped immediately to render aid I would not be as harsh as I am, but they didn't. Then they lied.

That's inexcusable.
Despite your claim of having extensive experience pushing older people, the cop clearly pushed him away, not down, and when he fell without making any attempt to regain his balance, it looked more like a stunt than a true fall. The cops were in the process of clearly an area when he confronted them and impeded their progress, and impeding an officer of the law in the performance of his duty is a crime and he, not the cops, should be under arrest.

Yeah the blood coming out of his ears was ALL Hollywood wasn't it???
Apparently he needs more practice staging this stunt.

Dont know man.. The EMTs that loaded him into the ambulance were convinced... :rolleyes:

That's the 75 year old guy the police shoved to the ground. A recent report on OAN revealed that Mr. Gugino is a well known activist and agitator. The thing he was holding up to the officer was a police tracker that gives coordinates of police locations and is a well known tactic of Antifa. It's called 'skimming' and also used to blackout police communication.

"Martin Gugino is a 75-year-old professional agitator and Antifa provocateur who brags on his blog about the number of times he can get arrested and escape prosecution. Gugino’s Twitter Account is also filled with anti-cop sentiment [SEE HERE]. Last Thursday Gugino traveled from his home in Amherst, New York, to Buffalo to agitate a protest crowd."

"During his effort Gugino was attempting to capture the radio communications signature of Buffalo police officers. CTH noted what he was attempting on Thursday night as soon as the now viral video was being used by media to sell a police brutality narrative. [Thread Here] Today, a more clear video has emerged that shows exactly what he was attempting."

As much as I know how right Sundance has been on OTHER stuff at CTH -- I think he's WAY off on this one.. There are 2 vids of this "push down" and in BOTH -- the object in the guys' right hand is a cell phone...

This is NOT a surveillance tool for "skimming" anything.. You can only record audio on a cell phone so no "frequencies" or coding or other metadata is gonna get "skimmed"... And all he's gonna hear is the ambient audio... Guy might have THOUGHT he was doing something, but it was a stupid move to approach the police and started waving a cell phone at their belts...
Prove it.

It doesn't matter. The cop shouldn't have pushed him. He was not threatening the cop.

I'm on the fence here bro.. I don't believe the skimming accusation, but he DID push his cell phone at one of them. Have no idea WHAT he THOUGHT he was doing, but probably reading his FB/Twitter pages -- don't think he did either...

It's a cell phone. It's not a gun. The cop should have grabbed him and towed him out of the way.

Then kept him out of the way till they had marched by. They compounded their problem by lying and claiming he tripped. That was just stupid.

Yeah I saw it.. And you're right. But I think at that point they didn't have grounds to arrest him for doing a kamikaze run at a bunch of riot cops, so they had few options.. Got to admit it was a stupid UNEXPECTED move.. Probably the police were thinking suicide bomber or something but couldn't come up with a reason to detain him.. It's just so random, I don't KNOW if their training could even address it..

Arrest, no, but steer the idiot out of the way and keep him on the sidelines. At some point the police need to be trained in common sense.

Old people don't have good balance. You push them and they are going to fall. Then, by lying about it they compounded the problem.

Had they stopped immediately to render aid I would not be as harsh as I am, but they didn't. Then they lied.

That's inexcusable.
Despite your claim of having extensive experience pushing older people, the cop clearly pushed him away, not down, and when he fell without making any attempt to regain his balance, it looked more like a stunt than a true fall. The cops were in the process of clearly an area when he confronted them and impeded their progress, and impeding an officer of the law in the performance of his duty is a crime and he, not the cops, should be under arrest.

I guess you are unfamiliar with old people. We don't have good balance. We are also fragile. A fall that a 45 year old would shrug off, can kill an old geezer.

The same thing would happen if a young punk pushes an old person. Only the young punk would be instantly arrested.

Funny how that works.

And how do you know that cell phones cannot be used for that?

In order to turn your phone into a radio scanner, you need an app and either a mobile data plan or access to a Wi-Fi signal.
Since your phone can’t actually receive over the air (OTA) transmissions from sources like police radios, you need to rely on radio buffs to receive and then stream transmissions.
There are a number of apps available for each major mobile operating system (OS), and they all work in the same basic manner. Instead of tuning your own scanner to a local broadcast that interests you, you simply choose from a selection of streams.
Depending on where you live, you may be able to tap into local streams, or you may choose to listen in on streams from far distant places....
Radio scanner apps, which are also referred to as police scanner apps and phone frequency scanners, rely on networks of radio enthusiasts to provide thousands upon thousands of audio streams.
These enthusiasts have real, physical radio scanners, which they use to pick up a huge variety of local, non-encrypted radio transmissions. They also have the necessary equipment to stream audio sources over the internet and create online radio scanner streams. They basically do all the heavy lifting that allows you to tap the touchscreen on your phone a few times and pull up just about any kind of local radio transmission you want.
Although these programs are sometimes referred to as police scanner apps, they usually aren’t quite that limited in operation.
One of the main uses of these apps is to listen in on local, non-encrypted police—and other emergency services—communications for whatever reason, which is why the programs are often called police scanner apps, and the actual devices that radio enthusiasts make use of are sometimes called police scanners. In reality, these apps provide access to emergency services communications, police dispatches, railway transmissions, other transit communications, and a whole world of other short-range radio transmissions.

Prove it.

That's inexcusable.

I guess you are unfamiliar with old people. We don't have good balance. We are also fragile. A fall that a 45 year old would shrug off, can kill an old geezer.

The same thing would happen if a young punk pushes an old person. Only the young punk would be instantly arrested.

Funny how that works.
Well then what was a 75 year old doing trying to rush a police line? And what was he doing holding up that phone or device? I'm and old fart and I would not do that. That's just fucking stooooooopid. Maybe he was trying to commit suicide by police like a good little Antifa member.

That doesn't matter. You don't push 75 year olds in that manner.
Sure it matters, Captain Superhero, that is if you are trying to protect yourself an d friends from ass holes that are trying to capture you or phone frequency.

And the old terrorist fool TRIPPED, the police did not push him down.

So I guess we can consider you pro-Antifa too?

Well then what was a 75 year old doing trying to rush a police line? And what was he doing holding up that phone or device? I'm and old fart and I would not do that. That's just fucking stooooooopid. Maybe he was trying to commit suicide by police like a good little Antifa member.
Yeah, but you are not the Ultra-macho Superduper Hero like some are around here.

Funny how that works.
Then the old fool should have moved his ass out of the way instead of scanning the cops radios.

Funny how that works.

In order to turn your phone into a radio scanner, you need an app and either a mobile data plan or access to a Wi-Fi signal.
Since your phone can’t actually receive over the air (OTA) transmissions from sources like police radios, you need to rely on radio buffs to receive and then stream transmissions.
There are a number of apps available for each major mobile operating system (OS), and they all work in the same basic manner. Instead of tuning your own scanner to a local broadcast that interests you, you simply choose from a selection of streams.
Depending on where you live, you may be able to tap into local streams, or you may choose to listen in on streams from far distant places....
Radio scanner apps, which are also referred to as police scanner apps and phone frequency scanners, rely on networks of radio enthusiasts to provide thousands upon thousands of audio streams.
These enthusiasts have real, physical radio scanners, which they use to pick up a huge variety of local, non-encrypted radio transmissions. They also have the necessary equipment to stream audio sources over the internet and create online radio scanner streams. They basically do all the heavy lifting that allows you to tap the touchscreen on your phone a few times and pull up just about any kind of local radio transmission you want.
Although these programs are sometimes referred to as police scanner apps, they usually aren’t quite that limited in operation.
One of the main uses of these apps is to listen in on local, non-encrypted police—and other emergency services—communications for whatever reason, which is why the programs are often called police scanner apps, and the actual devices that radio enthusiasts make use of are sometimes called police scanners. In reality, these apps provide access to emergency services communications, police dispatches, railway transmissions, other transit communications, and a whole world of other short-range radio transmissions.
Thanks for that. Apparently some think that a guy holding up a cell phone, making scanning motions toward a cop's utility pak could never be an attempt at skimming. That type of thinking comes under the category of "don't believe your own eyes believe what I tell you."

The video clearly shows the police did not push him to the ground; they pushed him back out of their way and then he fell to the ground. The difference between pushing him to the ground and pushing him out of their way is intent to do harm. Without intent to do harm there is no crime.
People are going to see what they want to see.

At least we are self-purging the shit4brains out of our ranks before the real shit happens.

I just explained all that in GREAT DETAIL a couple pages ago.. Not gonna do it again..

See post #30 why a consumer cell phone can't be a skimmer finding proprietary comm channels. And see post #31 for what those "police scanner apps" are NOT what you think they are...

With those apps, you can monitor GENERAL police dispatch channels that are sent over public airwaves from across the fucking country.. No NEED to kamikaze rush an oncoming riot police line with your cell phone.. Because the phone is TAKING those channels STREAMING LIVE over the Inet..

Prove it.

That's inexcusable.

Funny how that works.

He had no idea.. He's a zealot revolutionary with grandiose view of himself.. He's lucky they didn't treat him as tho he was a suicide bomber rushing their line..

Thanks for that. Apparently some think that a guy holding up a cell phone, making scanning motions toward a cop's utility pak could never be an attempt at skimming. That type of thinking comes under the category of "don't believe your own eyes believe what I tell you."

Those "scanner apps" are NOT RF recievers.. EVERY ONE of them is just another form of Pandora for "public police transmissions"... Not NEED to commit suicide by cop to get right up close -- you could do that from a Starbucks in another state just as well...

What part of this don't you guys get?????? If the tactical units are using proprietary "emergency personnel channels -- there's NOTHING on standard cell phone capable of receiving those..

What part of THAT -- dont you get???

Is this rightwinger?

Prove it.

That's inexcusable.

There is a pic sitting up on his phone talking in an ambulance.... miraculous for someone moments before bleeding out of his ears

You poor deluded fools will believe anything

Prove it.

That's inexcusable.

There is a pic sitting up on his phone talking in an ambulance.... miraculous for someone moments before bleeding out of his ears

And ANOTHER Dr. House wannabee weighs in here to take a cheap shot..

Sorry -- but I'm going with the hospital statement..

Mr. Gugino is in serious but stable condition.

There's deluded and then there delusional.. And then there's just stretching for excuses..

Prove it.

That's inexcusable.

There's deluded and then there delusional.. And then there's just stretching for excuses..
Loik
Loi

Prove it.

That's inexcusable.

Look for the pic. Try iowntheworldreport....that and some other telling pics and info on the old fraud

Dumbass should have stayed home and had his metamucial and soaked his corns

Prove it.

That's inexcusable.

Funny how that works.

He wasn't rushing, he was walking. The phone is a phone. Flacaltenn laid out chapter and verse, the phone uses an app to become a scanner BROADCASTER. It is not a scanner. It merely relays the signal from an actual scanner.

And it doesn't matter what he was doing. He wasn't being violent. He was exercising his Right to peacefully assemble and protest.

Listen to yourself. Either EVERYONE gets to peacefully demonstrate, or no one does.

You are starting to sound like those antifart assholes.

Forum List

Back