Marijuana is against the law in Maryland but Baltimore’s top prosecutor said she would stop prosecuting marijuana possession, & vacate 5K convictions

there is always going to be illicit drugs coming in whether it legal or not...do you think the cartels are just going roll up the sidewalks and quit the business?....im telling you that with legal pot the violence is down a lot.....and you said it is distributed by violent gangs....in vegas it aint....its distributed by dispensaries....

Wow dude, are you high right now? I ask because you contradicted yourself.

I didn't say the illegal market would disappear. Read carefully. Also a lot of those black market sales from Colorado are because it's still illegal in other states, and a bunch of other regulations that shouldn't exist.

I didn't say the illegal market would disappear. Read carefully. Also a lot of those black market sales from Colorado are because it's still illegal in other states, and a bunch of other regulations that shouldn't exist.

You know what they say about excuses, RIGHT?

This happens because we're not doing real legalization. We're regulating the shit out of it and allowing monopolies to form. Also it's still illegal in neighboring states, which is a good opportunity to make money illegally.

Either way it's irrelevant. A grown person should be allowed to make the decision to smoke a non-lethal plant. Trying to put people behind bars for marijuana is draconian nonsense. This battle is over and the horses are dead. Boomers are not going to close Pandora's box.

I don't care if it is decriminalized, made legal, in the least. I just do not like it when prosecutors become the ones to decide what is legal and illegal. Hubris and overreach on their part? Unwilling to come together to make change on the part of legislators for fear of the electorate, which rings kind of like cowardice? The power to set law should not rest in the public announcement of unilateral decision by prosecutors.
This.

We are quickly losing the concept of a nation of laws rather than men. The end of this road is very, very, very dark. The law should not be subject to the whims of whoever happens to be enforcing them at the time.

This happens because we're not doing real legalization. We're regulating the shit out of it and allowing monopolies to form. Also it's still illegal in neighboring states, which is a good opportunity to make money illegally.

Either way it's irrelevant. A grown person should be allowed to make the decision to smoke a non-lethal plant. Trying to put people behind bars for marijuana is draconian nonsense. This battle is over and the horses are dead. Boomers are not going to close Pandora's box.

So which laws should people and prosecutors ignore just because they disagree with them?

She still intends to prosecute marijuana dealers. From your link:

In the announcement, she said her office will continue to prosecute distribution of marijuana cases as long as there is sufficient evidence of intent to distribute. Anyone charged for the first time with felony possession with intent to distribute or with felony distribution will be referred to a diversion program.
Been that way down here for years. You can even grow your own. 3-4 plants max.15 years ago the law showed up here(for a sight adjustment-Beretta). I'd left mine on the front porch.
Officer Chacon recommended increased Mg. ;)

Wow dude, are you high right now? I ask because you contradicted yourself.

how?.....i said violence is down were its legal....i never said the cartels are going to stop....you said its distributed by violent gangs....were its legal it isnt.....so show me the contridiction....

God bless Marilyn Mosby!

She should be fired.

Personal opinion aside it's still against the law and by publicly saying "I won't uphold the law" sets a bad example and tells people "we don't have to obey the law if we think think it's justified or we disagree".

Now if it was made legal, ok that's fine, but until it is it's still illegal. If we don't follow our own rules then what's the point of having them?

This isn't about if marijuana should be legal or not, this is about there is a law and you either work to get it changed, or you obey the law, or you get in trouble for breaking the law.

I know you don't see that though. I've seen your posts and you're a contrarian. You only post here to thumb your nose at others and disagree purely for the basis of being against them.

She should be fired.

Personal opinion aside it's still against the law and by publicly saying "I won't uphold the law" sets a bad example and tells people "we don't have to obey the law if we think think it's justified or we disagree".

Now if it was made legal, ok that's fine, but until it is it's still illegal. If we don't follow our own rules then what's the point of having them?

This isn't about if marijuana should be legal or not, this is about there is a law and you either work to get it changed, or you obey the law, or you get in trouble for breaking the law.

I know you don't see that though. I've seen your posts and you're a contrarian. You only post here to thumb your nose at others and disagree purely for the basis of being against them.
Tough to hold her to account when even the president is doing crap like this. Obama ignored the law quite a few times.

how?.....i said violence is down were its legal....i never said the cartels are going to stop....you said its distributed by violent gangs....were its legal it isnt.....so show me the contridiction....

Read what you said, cartels are still in business and then you claimed all marijuana is sold in dispensaries, not by violent gangs. And you don't see the contradiction? Tell the class how the cartel dope gets into the dispensary system.

Forum List

Back