March For Marriage Draws Tens, But Promises Ultimate Victory Over Obergefell

I did above. So did Progressive Patriot several times.

Accept you are on the losing side of this one.

Again "surveys". I have already questioned the methodology of these and of others.

You are using opinion in place of fact.
Lets forget about surveys and studies then. Consider this:

Business leaders come out in support of gay marriage in Illinois

Dozens of Illinois business leaders and several companies publicly endorsed gay marriage Sunday in an attempt to reignite the issue after a proposed bill failed to get traction in Springfield this month. State lawmakers aren't scheduled to be at the Capitol much until early February, and sponsors of a measure to grant gay and lesbian couples the freedom to marry are likely to need some time to win over dozens of rookie colleagues. But in an open letter issued Sunday, business executives stated their case to lawmakers that marriage equality would strengthen the Illinois workforce and boost economic development.
And this:
Texas religious leaders gather in support of pro-gay marriage ruling

AUSTIN, Texas — Faith leaders rallied for marriage equality Tuesday at the Texas Capitol, seeking to convince lawmakers that expanding rights to gay, bisexual and transgender couples won't compromise their religious beliefs.

"We demand equality!" chanted attendees, many of whom wore colorful liturgical vestments and held signs stating they were Methodist, Jewish, Unitarian, Baptist and Presbyterian. About 150 people traveled to the Capitol for the rally, sponsored by the advocacy group the Texas Freedom Network.

More:

Meet The Evangelicals Who Cheered The SCOTUS Gay Marriage Ruling | HuffPost

About 100 evangelical pastors and leaders signed an online letter published Friday supporting the ruling, and then went one step further by calling on Christians around the country to continue to work for LGBT rights in other areas — like bullying in schools and employment and housing discrimination.

And finally:

The Conservative Case For Gay Marriage

Many of my fellow conservatives have an almost knee-jerk hostility toward gay marriage. This does not make sense, because same-sex unions promote the values conservatives prize. Marriage is one of the basic building blocks of our neighborhoods and our nation. At its best, it is a stable bond between two individuals who work to create a loving household and a social and economic partnership. We encourage couples to marry because the commitments they make to one another provide benefits not only to themselves but also to their families and communities. Marriage requires thinking beyond one's own needs. It transforms two individuals into a union based on shared aspirations, and in doing so establishes a formal investment in the well-being of society. The fact that individuals who happen to be gay want to share in this vital social institution is evidence that conservative ideals enjoy widespread acceptance. Conservatives should celebrate this, rather than lament it.

Amazing you all of sudden trot out a few capitalists when they agree with your position.

As for the others:

4mmrcPL.jpg
Oh Christ! Is that the best that you can do ? A logical fallacy in the form of an appeal to hypocrisy?? First of all, I'm not anti capitalists but that is not even the point. This is the point:
tu quoque (To kwok we )(Latin for "you, too" or "you, also") or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a logical fallacy that attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position; it attempts to show that a criticism or objection applies equally to the person making it. This dismisses someone's point of view based on criticism of the person's inconsistency and not the position presented whereas a person's inconsistency should not discredit the position. Thus, it is a form of the ad hominem argument. To clarify, although the person being attacked might indeed be acting inconsistently or hypocritically, this does not invalidate their argument."

Second of all, it's apparent that you did not read beyond the first article to those regarding religious leaders and conservatives

Again "surveys". I have already questioned the methodology of these and of others.

Dozens of Illinois business leaders and several companies publicly endorsed gay marriage Sunday in an attempt to reignite the issue after a proposed bill failed to get traction in Springfield this month. State lawmakers aren't scheduled to be at the Capitol much until early February, and sponsors of a measure to grant gay and lesbian couples the freedom to marry are likely to need some time to win over dozens of rookie colleagues. But in an open letter issued Sunday, business executives stated their case to lawmakers that marriage equality would strengthen the Illinois workforce and boost economic development.
And this:

AUSTIN, Texas — Faith leaders rallied for marriage equality Tuesday at the Texas Capitol, seeking to convince lawmakers that expanding rights to gay, bisexual and transgender couples won't compromise their religious beliefs.

"We demand equality!" chanted attendees, many of whom wore colorful liturgical vestments and held signs stating they were Methodist, Jewish, Unitarian, Baptist and Presbyterian. About 150 people traveled to the Capitol for the rally, sponsored by the advocacy group the Texas Freedom Network.

More:

About 100 evangelical pastors and leaders signed an online letter published Friday supporting the ruling, and then went one step further by calling on Christians around the country to continue to work for LGBT rights in other areas — like bullying in schools and employment and housing discrimination.

And finally:

Many of my fellow conservatives have an almost knee-jerk hostility toward gay marriage. This does not make sense, because same-sex unions promote the values conservatives prize. Marriage is one of the basic building blocks of our neighborhoods and our nation. At its best, it is a stable bond between two individuals who work to create a loving household and a social and economic partnership. We encourage couples to marry because the commitments they make to one another provide benefits not only to themselves but also to their families and communities. Marriage requires thinking beyond one's own needs. It transforms two individuals into a union based on shared aspirations, and in doing so establishes a formal investment in the well-being of society. The fact that individuals who happen to be gay want to share in this vital social institution is evidence that conservative ideals enjoy widespread acceptance. Conservatives should celebrate this, rather than lament it.

Amazing you all of sudden trot out a few capitalists when they agree with your position.

As for the others:

4mmrcPL.jpg
Oh Christ! Is that the best that you can do ? A logical fallacy in the form of an appeal to hypocrisy?? First of all, I'm not anti capitalists but that is not even the point. This is the point:
tu quoque (To kwok we )(Latin for "you, too" or "you, also") or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a logical fallacy that attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position; it attempts to show that a criticism or objection applies equally to the person making it. This dismisses someone's point of view based on criticism of the person's inconsistency and not the position presented whereas a person's inconsistency should not discredit the position. Thus, it is a form of the ad hominem argument. To clarify, although the person being attacked might indeed be acting inconsistently or hypocritically, this does not invalidate their argument."

Second of all, it's apparent that you did not read beyond the first article to those regarding religious leaders and conservatives

I admitted in other posts that there are splinter groups in a lot of these religions which are going against doctrine. There are also splinter groups in the Churches that are recognizing SSM that denounce said recognitions.

Quoting a few outliers a point does not make. Also dragging up some "conservative" doesn't make your point either.

And this:

More:

And finally:

As for the others:

4mmrcPL.jpg

I admitted in other posts that there are splinter groups in a lot of these religions which are going against doctrine. There are also splinter groups in the Churches that are recognizing SSM that denounce said recognitions.

Quoting a few outliers a point does not make. Also dragging up some "conservative" doesn't make your point either.
The point- which is lost on you- is that there is wide support among diverse groups for same sex marriage . You don't believe the polls, so I present other evidence that corroborates the polls and you trash that too. My guess is that there is nothing that we could present that will convince you that YOU are the outlier. Fortunately, it doesn't matter what you believe. It will not alter reality

And this:

More:

And finally:

As for the others:

4mmrcPL.jpg

The point- which is lost on you- is that there is wide support among diverse groups for same sex marriage . You don't believe the polls, so I present other evidence that corroborates the polls and you trash that too. My guess is that there is nothing that we could present that will convince you that YOU are the outlier. Fortunately, it doesn't matter what you believe. It will not alter reality

again, you are arguing with me as if I oppose SSM as a concept, which i don''t. I oppose the use of courts to impose it on States that don't want to issue SSM license. I do this based on my belief that the constitution does not grant said right, and my libertarian-federalist beliefs that things like this should be handled by the States. What the feds should do is force all States to recognize SSM licenses just like any other out of State marriage license.

and also:

rs2er.jpg

marty, we all know why you oppose it.

Your philosophy is not likely to be adopted anytime soon.

And this:

More:

And finally:

As for the others:

4mmrcPL.jpg

again, you are arguing with me as if I oppose SSM as a concept, which i don''t. I oppose the use of courts to impose it on States that don't want to issue SSM license. I do this based on my belief that the constitution does not grant said right, and my libertarian-federalist beliefs that things like this should be handled by the States. What the feds should do is force all States to recognize SSM licenses just like any other out of State marriage license.

and also:

rs2er.jpg
So you admit that a majority is in favor! Good! But I'm not saying it is right because it IS RIGHT. It is right morally, constitutionally, and pragmatically.

I understand you stated position very well. I have been addressing you seemingly stubborn denial of public support for it.

I will add, as I have said before, that I find it a bit bizarre that you claim to support SSM, while being quite willing to allow numerous gays to remain as second class citizens indefinably, because of you political philosophy.

As for the others:

4mmrcPL.jpg

and also:

rs2er.jpg
So you admit that a majority is in favor! Good! But I'm not saying it is right because it IS RIGHT. It is right morally, constitutionally, and pragmatically.

I understand you stated position very well. I have been addressing you seemingly stubborn denial of public support for it.

I will add, as I have said before, that I find it a bit bizarre that you claim to support SSM, while being quite willing to allow numerous gays to remain as second class citizens indefinably, because of you political philosophy.

Then stop bringing up that a majority of polled people in some polls support it. It's certainly not a majority in a lot of States.

And if you had any principles, you wouldn't find my views so strange. Doing something you like the wrong way is still wrong. It's why progressives are seen as whiny petulant children.

All I see when you bitch and moan is Veruca Salt whimpering "But I want an Oompa Loompa NOW!"

Again, the Feds forced Southern States to end desegregation and the mixed-marriage laws, and you were okay with that.

Look, buddy, I realize you are kind of a tool, but even your rich puppet masters have left the field on this one.

So the Catholic Church Supports SSM?

Naw, the Church itself supports priests boning altar boys up the ass. the Rank and File Catholics, on the other hand, are fine with gay marriage. And abortion. And BIrth control.

The Church covered it up due to shortsightedness and bureaucratic inertia, it never supported it.

And what rank and file Catholics do is up to them, the Church is against it.

Again, the Feds forced Southern States to end desegregation and the mixed-marriage laws, and you were okay with that.

Look, buddy, I realize you are kind of a tool, but even your rich puppet masters have left the field on this one.

Again, race and gender are not the same, despite your sides attempts at equivocation.

Unlike you I don't follow the bleatings of "my betters" like a pathetic cranky sheep.

The Church covered it up due to shortsightedness and bureaucratic inertia, it never supported it.

There's no excuse for what the CHurch did. Why are you trying to make one.

Shit. "Help Wanted. Must have no sexual interest in adult women. Willing to spend lots of time around pre-teenage boys!" How do you not get pedos with a job standard like that?

It will be a great day when Religion is eradicated from the face of the earth.

Again, race and gender are not the same, despite your sides attempts at equivocation.

Unlike you I don't follow the bleatings of "my betters" like a pathetic cranky sheep.

We aren't talking about "Gender", we are talking about sexual orientation. ANd much like race adn gender, people don't have a choice in the matter.

ON the other hand, religion is a choice. YOu choose to believe there's a magic pixie in the sky who cares what kind of sex you have.

There's no excuse for what the CHurch did. Why are you trying to make one.

Shit. "Help Wanted. Must have no sexual interest in adult women. Willing to spend lots of time around pre-teenage boys!" How do you not get pedos with a job standard like that?

It will be a great day when Religion is eradicated from the face of the earth.

We aren't talking about "Gender", we are talking about sexual orientation. ANd much like race adn gender, people don't have a choice in the matter.

ON the other hand, religion is a choice. YOu choose to believe there's a magic pixie in the sky who cares what kind of sex you have.

it's not an excuse, I am rolling back your erroneous statement on the issue.

And they are not pedo's, they are mostly pederasts, words mean things.

I know of one thing being eradicated from the earth that will make the world a better place, and it is sitting in front of your monitor.

Still not the same enough to fall under equal protection.

Wow, man that sound like a real excuse making.

"It's okay, Mrs. O'Malley. Fr. McCreepy did sodomize your son, but he's a pederast, not a pedophile, because your son was all of 12 and puberty just kicked in!!!"

Seriously, dude, that is fucked up.

I know of one thing being eradicated from the earth that will make the world a better place, and it is sitting in front of your monitor.

Yes, I greatly enjoy the space I occupy in your head, rent-free, Marty...

Blacks can't change being black.
Women can't change being women (without a lot of surgery, anyway)
Gays can't change being gay.

They should all have equal protection.

What shouldn't have equal protection is belief that there's an imaginary man in the sky who does't want you to stick your wee-wee in certain places he thinks are bad... Except the aforementioned Fr. McCreepy. Five Hail Marys and that creep gets a pass.

Wow, man that sound like a real excuse making.

"It's okay, Mrs. O'Malley. Fr. McCreepy did sodomize your son, but he's a pederast, not a pedophile, because your son was all of 12 and puberty just kicked in!!!"

Seriously, dude, that is fucked up.

Yes, I greatly enjoy the space I occupy in your head, rent-free, Marty...

Blacks can't change being black.
Women can't change being women (without a lot of surgery, anyway)
Gays can't change being gay.

They should all have equal protection.

What shouldn't have equal protection is belief that there's an imaginary man in the sky who does't want you to stick your wee-wee in certain places he thinks are bad... Except the aforementioned Fr. McCreepy. Five Hail Marys and that creep gets a pass.

It's still criminal, and it's still a coverup. However we are seeing the same shit in public schools, but i guess that is OK because its usually a female teacher and a boy.

They are still not pedophiles, most of them are probably repressed homosexuals, and yes, the Church did have a serious issue with that they covered up repeatedly.

And your last statement "gays can't change being gay" goes against the whole gender-fluid thing that is all the rage now. Who knew you were such a bigot?

The Catholic Church made a terrible mistake in allowing gays into the church to begin with. Priests are not public school teachers. If the Church wants to regain its integrity it needs to have a purge.

People are still miserable because others they dont know love someone of the same sex.

To the poster above, why not purge pedophiles instead?

Last edited:
It's still criminal, and it's still a coverup. However we are seeing the same shit in public schools, but i guess that is OK because its usually a female teacher and a boy.

Except no one says that's okay, and when it happens, the teacher is usually jailed. She isn't moved from one parish to another without warning anyone. Which is what the Catholic Church did for decades.

They are still not pedophiles, most of them are probably repressed homosexuals, and yes, the Church did have a serious issue with that they covered up repeatedly.

Wow, talk about splitting hairs. The point is, a 12 year old is no more equipped to make those kinds of decisions than a 10 year old. And the church did cover this up.

The Catholic Church made a terrible mistake in allowing gays into the church to begin with. Priests are not public school teachers. If the Church wants to regain its integrity it needs to have a purge.

I agree. They need to purge all the idiots who believe that a magic man in the sky will take away your sexual urges if you just beg him hard enough. Come to think of it, I imagine you do that a lot, ever since that "one time in college".

And your last statement "gays can't change being gay" goes against the whole gender-fluid thing that is all the rage now. Who knew you were such a bigot?

There's a difference between sexual orientation and gender identity... but I think you are kind of desperate to hide your bigotry.

People are still miserable because others they dont know love someone of the same sex.

To the poster above, why not purge pedophiles instead?

Because for Marty and Tipsy, it isn't about protecting kids. It's about having someone to irrationally hate.

Forum List

Back