Manmade climate change predictions are a bust

When you win, we all lose including yourself.

Global mean warming reached 1°C above preindustrial for the first time. It is a signal from the climate system that time is running out if we are to be able to reduce emissions fast enough so as to hold warming below 2°C, and ultimately below 1.5°C by 2100

You are stupid. But hey, most humans are.
post a link to where warmer temperatures created environmental issues. Come on now, make a statement back it up.

Watch Adam ruins everything. Adam ruins going green. He debunks the argument cons make when they say al gore is a hypocrite for having three homes. No one person cause solve this so it’s dumb to accuse anyone of not being green when none of us are. Even when you think you’re being green, you’re not.

You cons hav to understand something. Corporate America has brainwashed you and they have a technique. When Pepsi and Coke wanted to save money They went with aluminum cans. Landfills quadrupled with waste. Then they launched the litter bug campaign. Basically blaming us for polluting. When the reality is, it’s them!

So cons are right. The media is lying to us, for them! Global warming deniers. Liars.
why is it we're the only ones who must understand? why don't you?

And we have a lame ass president I wouldn't piss on if on fire giving these con men billions. You would think we learned nothing about the French after WWII and Joe had a front row seat.
Watch this one. Hilarious.

But, but 70% like the economy! hahahahaahahahahahaha. When the truth hits the street, shows the phone polls are fake.

toon.jpg

It has been cooling for over 3,000 years now.

Not really. Remember we are technically in an "interglacial" which means that for the last 10,000 years or so it started by warming (as the glaciers receded) and, if we were not being impacted by any other forcings we should be COOLING NOW. BUT WE ARE NOT cooling.

We are, in fact, WARMING. We are going in the wrong direction.

Interglacial and Glaciation phases in an Ice age that has existed for about 3 million years.

Yes, but we are in the wrong part of the cycle to be WARMING.

What is causing this warming? Why, it's largely HUMAN FACTORS!

How do we know this? Because of the science of ice ages. We understand the NATURAL forcings and they cannot be used to explain this current warming.

But you feel free to continue passing along junk you don't have even a modest clue about.

In general, colder is more productive.
For example, when you sent out fishing fleets, they do not go to the equator, but to the poles instead.
When it warms, that is more dry and therefore more lifeless.
While there are jungles in warm areas, they are not very productive really.
When we try to do slash and burn farming over jungle areas, the soil is extremely poor and things do not grow well.

It is not that we could not adapt to a warmer planet, but that everyone doing agriculture would have to move.
It would be very expensive to try to adapt to the new weather conditions.
Coastlines could rise by as much as 250'.
That's hilarious.

A 2 degree change is massive.
They say a 10 degree change would likely cause human species extinction.
We are supposed to be at the start of a cooling period.
The warming that ended the ice age is supposed to be over.
No. We aren't supposed to be at a cooling period. We've discussed this before.

Not really. Remember we are technically in an "interglacial" which means that for the last 10,000 years or so it started by warming (as the glaciers receded) and, if we were not being impacted by any other forcings we should be COOLING NOW. BUT WE ARE NOT cooling.
always cherry picking.

Oh tell me about it. I'm sure you understand everything about this topic. Do tell! What did you learn in junior high science class? I'm SO INTERESTED in what the know-nothings think!

Please don't make me wait!
That the globe is bigger than one or two glaciers

We're talking continental glaciation. You really should try to keep up better.
You mean when Chicago was under a mile of ice? Antarctic wasn’t then. That darn sun huh? The funny thing is that Antarctic froze and Chicago found grass.

I bet you didn’t know Greenland was green once

You mean when Chicago was under a mile of ice? Antarctic wasn’t then. That darn sun huh? The funny thing is that Antarctic froze and Chicago found grass.

Wow. Where do you get this stuff? Antarctica, during the last ice age, was estimated to be about 9degC colder than it is today. I don't know what the status of the ice sheet on Antarctica was at that time, but I am reasonably certain it wasn't "ice free". It may have been ice-free (or less ice) prior to about 34 million years ago, but the most recent ice age has only been going on for about 2.4 million years. So even during the last glacial advance of the current ice age we are in Antarctica had an ice sheet.

I bet you didn’t know Greenland was green once

I knew that it had more green than it does now. The greening you are probably talking about was during the Medieval Warm Period (hint: the entirety of Greenland was NOT ice free at that time, not even close). The margins of Greenland (where most people live) would have been warmer, but it's not like Greenland was some sort of Tahiti or something.

Do you know ANYTHING about the earth?

They need to move to more renewable energy. In other words, they need to go Green.
Energy is not renewable without energy. Infrastructure is needed that requires energy to produce and maintain.

Wow. Where do you get this stuff? Antarctica, during the last ice age, was estimated to be about 9degC colder than it is today. I don't know what the status of the ice sheet on Antarctica was at that time, but I am reasonably certain it wasn't "ice free". It may have been ice-free (or less ice) prior to about 34 million years ago, but the most recent ice age has only been going on for about 2.4 million years. So even during the last glacial advance of the current ice age we are in Antarctica had an ice sheet.

I knew that it had more green than it does now. The greening you are probably talking about was during the Medieval Warm Period (hint: the entirety of Greenland was NOT ice free at that time, not even close). The margins of Greenland (where most people live) would have been warmer, but it's not like Greenland was some sort of Tahiti or something.

Do you know ANYTHING about the earth?
vikings had homes on Greenland. did you know that? hmmm had green continent.

post a link to where warmer temperatures created environmental issues. Come on now, make a statement back it up.
Are you kidding me? They say warmer temperatures that are caused by man made reasons are impacting a lot of places. The arctic ice caps, wild fires, fish swimming in Miami, etc. Are you serious?

If I post them are you going to deny the science on each one? Are you going to say the scientist is making it up because his livelyhood depends on global warming being real?

Instead why don't you consider it's the pollutors lobbyists who pay the Republicans to deny global warming is real? That would be more obvious don't you think?

Forum List

Back