Mandatory evacuation ordered in Palm Beach as Cat 5 Hurricane Dorian approaches..

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
No Labor Day golfing at Mar-a-Lago for 2019.

Mandatory evacuation orders for parts of Palm Beach County and Martin County are being issued Sunday starting at 1 p.m., as a now-Category 5 Hurricane Dorian approaches the Bahamas and Florida’s east coast, state emergency director Jared Moskowitz said.

The orders — for Zones A and B in both counties — affect about 215,000 people in all. Shelters are opening in those counties at the same time, Moskowitz said.

State officials have said they expect to lift highway tolls when evacuations begin.

Mandatory evacuation ordered in Palm Beach, Martin counties; includes Mar-a-Lago

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/we...7.html?utm_source=pushly&intcid=pushly_445049

Last edited:
I wonder how they plan on enforcing it.
They will not force people to leave at gunpoint or anything. They will go house to house and tell folks they will be on their own with no emergency services available during and after the storm, possibly for weeks or longer.

I wonder how they plan on enforcing it.
With guns.
Trump will be patrolling in his new toy.
000amfibia.jpg

It would depend on the storm whether I decided to leave or not. But you can't fukin go by the reporting, they make everything out to be like oh nos we're gonna die, we're gonna die, we're gonna die. Then the thing is a dud. Ha.

Of course, there's the opposite side where it really is bad and a direct inward moving hit. And people do die.

I think I'd do maybe a couple just for the thrill of it, then move inland or go play golf in Cali for a few days instead. Or maybe a nice cottage in Vermont with the better half. The foliage season is near. She did say she wanted to try golf, though, so.

A menacing Hurricane Dorian is taking aim at the northern Bahamas early Sunday, strengthening to a "catastrophic" Category 5 storm -- packing winds of 175 mph and the threat of torrential rain that could last for days as millions in the U.S. along the Southeast coast from Florida to North Carolina are keeping an eye on where the storm may head next.

The National Hurricane Center as of 9:30 a.m. Sunday reported the center of the Category 5 storm was located around 25 miles east of Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas and 210 miles east of West Palm Beach, as it was moving west at 8 mph with maximum sustained winds of 175 mph.

Dorian is an "extremely dangerous" hurricane according to Fox News Senior Meteorologist Janice Dean, who said the storm is set to deliver a "devastating blow" to the northwest Bahamas Sunday through Monday.

"A perfect beast of a storm," Dean said Sunday morning on "Fox & Friends," adding that the northwestern Bahamas have never had a direct impact of a Category 5 storm before.

Hurricane Dorian, Category 5 storm, bears down on Bahamas while islands hunker down, 'taking no chances'

234045_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

If this thing skirts the coast as the latest track predictions show, its going to be windy but not destructive. It will rain, a lot.
That's old news. The 11 o'clock is up to 180 mph sustained winds. They're gonna have to create a category 6 for this one.

If this thing skirts the coast as the latest track predictions show, its going to be windy but not destructive. It will rain, a lot.
That's old news. The 11 o'clock is up to 180 mph sustained winds. They're gonna have to create a category 6 for this one.
This is NOAA's current update... Sorry to break it to you but it indicates that it is now diminishing.

145814_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

And its track is taking it out to sea due to the high pressure. This means there is also upper level wind shear, which will cause the cyclone to diminish.

Last edited:

This is NOAA's current update... Sorry to break it to you but it indicates that it is now diminishing.
Dumbfuck, you posted the 8 o'clock. That was almost 4 hours ago and is NOT current. :eusa_doh:

Here's the latest... sustained winds up to 180 (which means wind gusts of well over 200) and the path brings it closer to Florida....

145814_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

145814_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

And its track is taking it out to sea due to the high pressure. This means there is also upper level wind shear, which will cause the cyclone to diminish.
LOLOLOL

I see you updated your post with the 11 o'clock. You're welcome.

Oh, and tagging my post with a 'funny' because you couldn't refute it is like you swinging your purse at me. :mm:

This will be the first 5 to hit Florida since Andrew in 92, but it may be worse because it's so slow moving. Pray for the Bahamas-- right now they're getting absolutely devastated --the area around the eye is like a giant 200 mile wide tornado basically ....( except those can get to 300 mph)
69327226_2486778401368706_2034934201807011840_n.jpg

I hate this time of year. I wish November would hurry up and get here.

New Topics

Forum List

Back