Mandated breathalyzers in cars

No, I think that what you’ll probably end up with is OBD notifying the local law enforcement folks that there may be an impaired driver.

The other day I rented a car and that stuff was “turned on”. The steering wheel vibrated at times when I was changing lanes, passing slower cars, and even once when I was pulling back onto the road telling me that I hadn’t “rested” long enough.

So then your car will now have to be connected to GPS 100% of the time and have the ability to contact every police dept in the country. You are basically saying that there will be 100% surveillance of you everywhere you go in a car.

So innocent until proven guilty You are presuming guilt until proven innocent.

Canadians, they will give up their right without an issue, hopefully America never gets that complacent.
Yep, guilty of not being intoxicated ("innocent") until indicated otherwise. And then? Still not arrested or proven guilty of anything. Boy, what a hardship! Cheese?

So then your car will now have to be connected to GPS 100% of the time and have the ability to contact every police dept in the country. You are basically saying that there will be 100% surveillance of you everywhere you go in a car.
With OBD III there is already this capability; that’s been around since like 2000 or so.

You asked me what I thought was going to happen...and I said that I thought it would flag a driver who keeps violating safety laws. We’ll see in 2026 I suppose.

With OBD III there is already this capability; that’s been around since like 2000 or so.

You asked me what I thought was going to happen...and I said that I thought it would flag a driver who keeps violating safety laws. We’ll see in 2026 I suppose.

I don't see how that can be Constitutional. It basically makes people incriminate themselves buy forcing them to provide proof to law enforcement of not only their whereabouts but of their activities.

This is what you get when you have massive bills that no one reads and there is no line item veto

Added..

Idjit
So you didn't read the post where the other person said that the in car monitoring system would most likely alert local authorities did you?

No you didn't and you look like a fucking idiot responding about shit you didn't bother to read.

So you didn't read the post where the other person said that the in car monitoring system would most likely alert local authorities did you?

No you didn't and you look like a fucking idiot responding about shit you didn't bother to read.
:meow::eusa_hand::itsok:

Your car is not an extension of your home and it is illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol. Driving a car is not a protected right under the Constitution.
Spoken like a true scum-sucking fascist who is jiggy with the state running every aspect of her life! She doesn't mind the government basically accusing her of intoxication everytime she drives with the driver then having to prove his innocence! Just wait until the day you get in your car and the thing malfunctions and won't let you start the car due to an erroneous reading despite your being totally sober leaving you stranded in an emergency!

So what you’re saying is that you want the right to break the law with impunity because your car is “an extension of your home”.
No. What people are saying is that unlike you, they value their right to privacy and reject invasive government intrusion which YOU will be forced to pay for.

Like I've been telling people, the REAL reason for pushing for all electric EV cars is because it will make it very easy for the government to monitor and control ALL aspects of your travel and transportation, including making a map of your driving habits and patterns to disabling your car if the government decides you are late making an alimony payment or paying some tax.

Way to miss the point!
Hey you're the moron who didn't read her post or if you did you didn't understand it.

This is what she said and what I responded to

No, I think that what you’ll probably end up with is OBD notifying the local law enforcement folks that there may be an impaired driver.

Did you not understand that?

Do you need me to explain it to you?

Hey you're the moron who didn't read her post or if you did you didn't understand it.

This is what she said and what I responded to

Did you not understand that?

Do you need me to explain it to you?
Way ahead you son, as usual.. :itsok:
Its a very short walk between the two. I don’t really see what the big deal is. We have cameras on the highways now watching what you do.
Me neither, but having transmitted data vs. video of a driver's appearance is like having an email vs. talking to an answering machine ;)

Yep, guilty of not being intoxicated ("innocent") until indicated otherwise. And then? Still not arrested or proven guilty of anything. Boy, what a hardship! Cheese?
You only wished it was a whine, you are a sensitive little guy, but the Dragonlady‘s post compared a convicted person to an innocent person, sorry you can’t read there little skippy. :itsok:

You only wished it was a whine, you are a sensitive little guy, but the Dragonlady‘s post compared a convicted person to an innocent person, sorry you can’t read there little skippy. :itsok:
Le :sigh2:
We have cameras on the highways now watching what you do.
Also, one carrying a cell phone can already be tracked anywhere available to GPS satellites. However GPS transmits nothing but position data. "The government" will never be using it to monitor one's alcohol intake, for example. We have enough wacky conspiracy theorists here without giving them any more ideas, lol!

Driving is one of the last vestiges of freedom that we feel. And the authoritarians are shutting that down. From air, from sea and from automobile we will be controlled.

Forum List

Back