Manchin on epa rule: Obama administration 'deniers'

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
oh oh dissenters in the Democrat party...they need to be smeared..
links in the article at site

SNIP:
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Obama administration are “deniers” if they believe they can take drastic energy action without causing other deleterious effects, according to West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin.

“You know we talk about deniers. I would say they’re the deniers, not me. I think 7 billion people have had an impact and we have a responsibility. But also we have a responsibility to make sure that we still deliver even the light saving energy that people depend on and I think they are just throwing one caution off to the other,” Manchin told reporters Monday evening, reacting to the proposed rule from the Environmental Protection Agency.

Monday the EPA announced a rule that would cut carbon dioxide emissions from power plants by 30 percent nationwide below 2005 levels by 2030. Coal-state Democrats were generally not pleased.

“This is an unprecedented use of the Clean Air Act to wage war on an entire industry,” West Virginia Democratic Sen. Nick Rahall in a statement, who is facing a reelection challenge. “Rather than requiring individual plants to meet pollution control standards by installing pollution controls, EPA is now interpreting the law to give it the ability to set standards across fleets of coal-fired power plants, seeking to make reductions in a nebulous fashion. This is overt bootstrapping and makes this proposal even more attractive to legislate or litigate against.”

Another vulnerable Democratic senator took issue with the process.

“I do not think this policy should be pushed through regulation by EPA,” Louisiana Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu told reporters Monday, explaining she believes the goals and timeframe should be determined by Congress, “so I am not supporting the rule.”
Landrieu was not all negative, however, “the flexibility and the timeframe is more preferable than a one-size fits all, but I am still opposed to the EPA rule,” She said, stressing that she was not commenting on the specifics.

Of how this will affect her upcoming reelection, the Louisiana Democrat noted that energy is just one issue of many.
ALL of it here
Manchin on EPA Rule: Obama Administration 'Deniers'

"according to West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin."

???????????

WTF

?????????????

He's a fucking idiot, who fucking cares what he says….

What a surprise with Senator Manchin coming for coal country and all.......

West Virginia. Big time coal country. Gee, what a surprise a Senator from West Virginia is upset about new EPA regulations! Who saw that coming?

But I bet these new regulations go down real easy in places where they eat tofu.

He'll say ANYTHING to get reelected then he'll call in drone strikes on the Coal Mines

k38wf7.jpg

I sprinkle coal dust on my breakfast cereal! Vote Manchin!

Manchin is the ONLY Democrat I trust in the US Senate right now. He's by no means my favorite, but he's OK.

The rules will affect every US consumer of electricity. Obama just gave up the last chance of holding the senate. Anyone who still doubts that he is the most tone deaf elitist since Jimmy Carter need not look further.

Obama came right out in 2008 and said under his plan he would come down hard on coal and everyone's power bills would skyrocket.

Elections have consequences.

Well when he was selling himself to a bunch of kids (college and high schools) and dupes in their base this is what we got.

The rules will affect every US consumer of electricity. Obama just gave up the last chance of holding the senate. Anyone who still doubts that he is the most tone deaf elitist since Jimmy Carter need not look further.
I believe that Carter was a bungler who ultimately meant well.

There is no such well meaning from Dear Leader. He is a hardened Marxist ideologue.

There is no such well meaning from Dear Leader. He is a hardened Marxist ideologue.

He's unleashed every government agency into our LIVES no matter the harm or cost to us
He's the ugliest man I have lived under

Carter ushered in monetarism and ushered out Keynes. He cut cap gains. He increased defense spending for stealth and new armor vehicles. He cut our dependence of for oil by 25% or so. He was a policy wonk. But a political disaster.

Obama raising everyone's elec bill may save the frigging planet. I doubt it, but maybe. It's gonna cost the dems votes though.

Forum List

Back