Man Who Filmed Ahmaud Arbery’s Death Is Charged With Murder

There is another video that came out today of police arresting the black dude for shoplifting at wal mart in 2017.

A true democrats angel.

This doesn't bode well for the defendants since the charges for the videographer are "felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment."

I've seen some of the released video and reports of Arbery's previous law enforcement encounters including the failed attempt to tazer him by one of the officers in which he didn't react at all, other than some choice words for the situation and the officers involved (there was no "violent" response).

Apparently they'd been targeting him for years it appears.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation arrested the man, William Bryan, who had recorded the fatal encounter in February

The New York Times
By Rick Rojas

ATLANTA — The man who filmed the pursuit and shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery, the 25-year-old black man who was killed after an encounter with two white men, was arrested on Thursday in connection with the killing, Georgia authorities said.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said in a statement that the man, William Bryan, 50, was arrested on charges of felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment. The two other men, Gregory McMichael, 64, and Travis McMichael, 34, were charged with murder and aggravated assault this month.

Mr. Bryan, who is white, recorded the confrontation on Feb. 23 as the McMichaels pursued Mr. Arbery while he was running through the Satilla Shores neighborhood near Brunswick on the southeastern Georgia coast.

More than two months passed without arrests or criminal charges, and the video, released online this month, has been credited with bringing a surge of attention to the case and mobilizing activists. After the McMichaels were arrested, pressure ratcheted up for the authorities to arrest Mr. Bryan, who is known as Roddie.

The half-minute video taken by Mr. Bryan, who also lives in the neighborhood, shows Mr. Arbery running along a tree-lined street before encountering the McMichaels, who are father and son.

In the recording, Mr. Arbery and Travis McMichael are seen tussling over Mr. McMichael’s shotgun as Mr. McMichael shoots three times. Mr. Arbery then spins around, tries to run and falls to the pavement.

According to a police report, Gregory McMichael said that he saw Mr. Arbery running through his neighborhood and thought he looked like the suspect in a rash of nearby break-ins. The McMichaels maintain their innocence, their lawyers said.

One of the case’s early prosecutors had contended that the McMichaels’ actions did not constitute a criminal offense, citing statutes on self-defense and citizen’s arrests. But activists said the video was crucial in shining a light on the case, and argued that Mr. Bryan had been more than a bystander.

In a statement released on Thursday night, lawyers for Mr. Arbery’s family said they were “relieved” by the arrest.

“His involvement in the murder of Mr. Arbery was obvious to us, to many around the country and after their thorough investigation, it was clear to the G.B.I. as well,” the statement said.

Kevin Gough, Mr. Bryan’s lawyer, did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.

Did you mean that apparently Arbery had been committing CRIME for years? Yes, that is true. His entire family in fact...

It is absolutely absurd to charge someone who was out filming with murder. But hey, he was white so deserved to be in prison right? No reasoning with far leftists...

So this means the guy who filmed Rodney king will be charged with assault. Zapruder will be charged with assassination of a president.
No dummy. Those are two different cases.
If filming an incident is abetting a crime then let’s be consistent.
Filming an incident isnt a crime retard. Participating in a crime you happened to have filmed is the crime. WTF is wrong with your dumb ass?

Especially since the only crimes that were committed here were by Arbery.

Well the cameraman didnt shoot anyone. But he was a party to the lynching and should face the consequences.
How is watching a murder, murder? I hope the prosecutors aren't going to blow this case by going for ridiculously stiff charges. Unless maybe they know more than we do, which I kinda hope is true.
He was a part of the chasing pack. There has to be a consequence for that. What sort of shit films a lynching ?

Well the cameraman didnt shoot anyone. But he was a party to the lynching and should face the consequences.
How is watching a murder, murder? I hope the prosecutors aren't going to blow this case by going for ridiculously stiff charges. Unless maybe they know more than we do, which I kinda hope is true.
He was a part of the chasing pack. There has to be a consequence for that. What sort of shit films a lynching ?

Maybe they thought he was shoplifting again since he had a history of doing that.

Maybe they thought he was shoplifting again since he had a history of doing that.
You are a silly fellow. He could be the worlds worst shoplifter, still doesnt warrant a lynching.

You are a silly fellow. He could be the worlds worst shoplifter, still doesnt warrant a lynching.

We don't coddle criminals on this side of the pond. We shoot the son of a bitches with a shotgun. He hasn't shoplifted from Wal Mart since.

1590234795684.jpeg

republicans on a hunting spree. “l likes it when they runs. Makes him harder to shoot.“

then when they’re being dragged away in handcuffs you can hear him scream right loud “why you ‘resting me? It was just a n....! What did I do?”

well they’re about to figure out in court exactly what they did.

this whole situation isn’t gonna work out well for anybody.

I've seen 3 videos so far - Ahmaud's attempt at stealing a 65" tv, the cop tasering him and the shooting video.

The cops that arrested Ahmaud for the 65" TV were black so no one can cry racism there. In the tasing video, the cops were simply doing their job in a well known drug area by asking Ahmaud questions and asking for ID. Ahmaud got visibly agitated and stopped adhering to the police commands. He deserved to get tased.

Let's just say it like it is, Ahmaud was no saint and did not hang with a good crowd. With all that said, he DID NOT deserve to get hunted down by a self appointed citizens posse with guns. IMO the McMichaels are guilty of manslaughter. As for the video guy, I need to see what his role was.

Last edited:
This doesn't bode well for the defendants since the charges for the videographer are "felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment."

I've seen some of the released video and reports of Arbery's previous law enforcement encounters including the failed attempt to tazer him by one of the officers in which he didn't react at all, other than some choice words for the situation and the officers involved (there was no "violent" response).

Apparently they'd been targeting him for years it appears.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation arrested the man, William Bryan, who had recorded the fatal encounter in February

The New York Times
By Rick Rojas

ATLANTA — The man who filmed the pursuit and shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery, the 25-year-old black man who was killed after an encounter with two white men, was arrested on Thursday in connection with the killing, Georgia authorities said.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said in a statement that the man, William Bryan, 50, was arrested on charges of felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment. The two other men, Gregory McMichael, 64, and Travis McMichael, 34, were charged with murder and aggravated assault this month.

Mr. Bryan, who is white, recorded the confrontation on Feb. 23 as the McMichaels pursued Mr. Arbery while he was running through the Satilla Shores neighborhood near Brunswick on the southeastern Georgia coast.

More than two months passed without arrests or criminal charges, and the video, released online this month, has been credited with bringing a surge of attention to the case and mobilizing activists. After the McMichaels were arrested, pressure ratcheted up for the authorities to arrest Mr. Bryan, who is known as Roddie.

The half-minute video taken by Mr. Bryan, who also lives in the neighborhood, shows Mr. Arbery running along a tree-lined street before encountering the McMichaels, who are father and son.

In the recording, Mr. Arbery and Travis McMichael are seen tussling over Mr. McMichael’s shotgun as Mr. McMichael shoots three times. Mr. Arbery then spins around, tries to run and falls to the pavement.

According to a police report, Gregory McMichael said that he saw Mr. Arbery running through his neighborhood and thought he looked like the suspect in a rash of nearby break-ins. The McMichaels maintain their innocence, their lawyers said.

One of the case’s early prosecutors had contended that the McMichaels’ actions did not constitute a criminal offense, citing statutes on self-defense and citizen’s arrests. But activists said the video was crucial in shining a light on the case, and argued that Mr. Bryan had been more than a bystander.

In a statement released on Thursday night, lawyers for Mr. Arbery’s family said they were “relieved” by the arrest.

“His involvement in the murder of Mr. Arbery was obvious to us, to many around the country and after their thorough investigation, it was clear to the G.B.I. as well,” the statement said.

Kevin Gough, Mr. Bryan’s lawyer, did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.
Thats a miscarriage of justice and just pandering to blacks in georgia

Forum List

Back