Man Made Religions

Slyhunter

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
Christians believe that if you don't believe that Jesus died for your sins you will not enter Heaven. What if you don't want to go to Heaven, it sounds boring to me.
What proof do you have that, that is true that is better than the proof that the Jews or the Muslims, Or the Budhist have that their religion is true thus making your religion false?
The fact of the matter is all Religions are man made, by people who have no idea what happens after death.
That is why I am Agnostic. I worry about living issues while I'm alive and I will worry about issues after I am dead, if I am able, after I am dead.
The Universe is huge and mostly unknown. I believe nobody knows everything there is to know about the Universe or what happens after death.
We'll find out when we get there.

When artificial intelligence gets to the point where AI entities can feel fear of losing their existence, we will have to program them with some form of afterlife belief so we can convince them to do dangerous jobs on our behalf ...

358438134_d4bf5945a4_b.jpg

if there was 'proof', there would be no 'faith'.....

~S~
Jews and Muslims have faith, yet according to christians they're going to hell for not believing that Jesus died for their sins. All religious people have faith in their chosen religion. It is not proof their religion is the one true religion.

Jews and Muslims have faith, yet according to christians they're going to hell for not believing that Jesus died for their sins. All religious people have faith in their chosen religion. It is not proof their religion is the one true religion.
*sigh*

Christians believe that if you don't believe that Jesus died for your sins you will not enter Heaven. What if you don't want to go to Heaven, it sounds boring to me.
What proof do you have that, that is true that is better than the proof that the Jews or the Muslims, Or the Budhist have that their religion is true thus making your religion false?
The fact of the matter is all Religions are man made, by people who have no idea what happens after death.
That is why I am Agnostic. I worry about living issues while I'm alive and I will worry about issues after I am dead, if I am able, after I am dead.
The Universe is huge and mostly unknown. I believe nobody knows everything there is to know about the Universe or what happens after death.
We'll find out when we get there.

or heavens - polytheistic and earning ones way wherever they might end up, less boring without - evil tidings - as having been left behind.

for who might succeed, their spirit when their physiology expires. rather than perishing with it.

evolution beyond planet earth. triumph over evil being the ticket to free oneself for the future. atheist included.

Christians believe that if you don't believe that Jesus died for your sins you will not enter Heaven.
The above statement needs a qualifier. "Some."

Catholics and Orthodox (the greater majority of Christians) teach non-believers are left in the hands of a merciful and loving God.

What if you don't want to go to Heaven, it sounds boring to me.
In this life the faithful believer our purpose is to know God, love God, serve God. We are to love one another as we love ourselves. This life teaches us whether we want to know God, love Him and serve Him. If we don't, then indeed, Heaven is not the place for us. God never foists Himself on anyone.

It is a narrow way, the road less traveled. But for some, it makes all the difference. Obviously, it is not for everyone, but no one need fear that they will be forced into heaven or the presence of God of whom they never took an interest to begin with.

In this life the faithful believer our purpose is to know God, love God, serve God. We are to love one another as we love ourselves. This life teaches us whether we want to know God, love Him and serve Him. If we don't, then indeed, Heaven is not the place for us. God never foists Himself on anyone.

It is a narrow way, the road less traveled. But for some, it makes all the difference. Obviously, it is not for everyone, but no one need fear that they will be forced into heaven or the presence of God of whom they never took an interest to begin with.
There are plenty of narrow paths.

not all of them are religious paths.

Snort. Nor do we really have any idea of what will be happening ten years from now in this life. All cities, wars, and even diets are man-made. God is. How we worship, perceive, and follow Him is, of course, man-made--we are mankind. What are you supposing--that it be lion or dolphin-made?

I worry about living issues while I'm alive and I will worry about issues after I am dead, if I am able, after I am dead.
Sure you haven't studied Judaism and early Christianity? Because your philosophy is not anything new. It is as old as the hills. There is only a small portion of the faithful who loudly broadcast differently.

It is a narrow way, the road less traveled.

in fact the journey set for a&e, self determination by the heavens is in fact for all humanity for a final judgement when all are the same persuasion. hopefully for them to have triumphed uniformly for the good ... vs evil.

you've faith because you've proof of her existence Blues

my point was nobody can prove God exists.......

~S~

well, metaphysical physiology and its unique spiritual content, life are not native to planet earth and came from somewhere so there is proof of an existence other than beings on planet earth -

who are not responsible for their own existence. than having sex they do not understand either. that rings a distant bell that sends a new metaphysical package 9 months latter from the heavens.

Forum List

Back