Man Made Religions

Ok, who is the better person? The one who does good because he is afraid of what something in Heaven thinks of him, or the one who does good because it is the right thing to do?

Oh, and what is good? For example. It would be great if Biden paid off my $72,000 student loan. I could then buy a house with my newfound credit. But would it be good for American Society to do so?

I do not believe in Abraham God and this is hell for me…

Choices can be made and I prefer to walk through life not worrying what someone will tell me about how I do or do not believe as they do because my spiritual journey is my personal journey…

Also Buddha never declared himself as a God and can only teach you the path to Nirvana and even then he could only show you but your path is a personal journey…

Ok, who is the better person? The one who does good because he is afraid of what something in Heaven thinks of him, or the one who does good because it is the right thing to do?
Do you know a person(s) who only does good because of heaven? Or, do you think that is the only reason people of faith do good for others at all?

I do not believe in Abraham God and this is hell for me…

Choices can be made and I prefer to walk through life not worrying what someone will tell me about how I do or do not believe as they do because my spiritual journey is my personal journey…

Also Buddha never declared himself as a God and can only teach you the path to Nirvana and even then he could only show you but your path is a personal journey…
The problem I have with Budhist, is that religion seems to require that you give up wanting things, including life in order to reach Nirvana. And it turns it's Monks into profession beggars. You know some Temples won't allow you to become a Monk unless you have a Financial supporter to pay for your keep.

Do you know a person(s) who only does good because of heaven? Or, do you think that is the only reason people of faith do good for others at all?
I think some people wouldn't do all the good they do if they weren't believers that they would go to Heaven. I got a big break into Customer Service which changed into Remote from home working Medical Representative, by joining a Religious organization which had it's links in the hiring company and the company doing the hiring where they would coach you on what to say to make the Interviewers think you were perfect for the job. They told you specifically what to say and what not to say. And it wouldn't of happened if they had known I was an Agnostic.

well, metaphysical physiology and its unique spiritual content, life are not native to planet earth and came from somewhere so there is proof of an existence other than beings on planet earth -

Interesting responses.....

So perhaps we can agree things celestial are not always portrayed in the terrestrial contingent in their unbiased form?

Let me ask you this, what is spirituality based upon?

~S~

So perhaps we can agree things celestial are not always portrayed in the terrestrial contingent in their unbiased form?

Let me ask you this, what is spirituality based upon?

~S~
People don't understand lightning so they create a Lightning God.
Things go bump in the night, must be a ghost, if they find nothing else doing it.
People try to explain things they don't understand.
Also, wishful thinking. Nobody likes to think they lived this existence only to end up ceasing to exist. So they make up stuff that might be true after we die.
It might be simply we are a biological community of living beings and when our bodies die, those biologicals move on to something else, or die too.

Let me ask you this,
what is spirituality based upon?

~S~

guessing, the metaphysical forces that enabled life on earth - that evolves and is in its present state from its initial beginning. more subdued than the dinosaurs ... maybe better.

you've faith because you've proof of her existence Blues

my point was nobody can prove God exists.......

~S~
And therein lies the rub.

Some of us want proof. But like I said I don;t think gods matter and even if I did have proof I would not wprship

Christians believe that if you don't believe that Jesus died for your sins you will not enter Heaven.

No.

What if you don't want to go to Heaven,

The same as if you do not like to be sane.

it sounds boring to me.

What sounds boring to you?

What proof do you have that, that is true that is better than the proof that the Jews or the Muslims, Or the Budhist have that their religion is true thus making your religion false?

Why, for example, makes what Buddhists believe wrong what Christians believe?

The fact of the matter is all Religions are man made,

Also atheism is man made and not dog made.

by people who have no idea what happens after death.

After your death you are dead.

That is why I am Agnostic.

?

I worry about living issues while I'm alive and I will worry about issues after I am dead, if I am able, after I am dead.

But what about to forget to search for your eternal car keys while you live in your house on Earth?

The Universe is huge and mostly unknown.

The strange thing: We are able to understand it although it is unbelievable huge.

I believe nobody knows everything

Exactly: Only god is allknowing.

there is to know about the Universe or what happens after death.
We'll find out when we get there.

Or not. But this question worries me not at all. God will do it in the best of all possible ways - whatever will come. On the other side I'm happy that I still had not to murder someone.

Religions are the way that rulers get people to kill and die for their cause. By promising a make-believe afterlife.

Oha - I remember in this context an Islamist who refused to kill himselve in a cheap car from GM - he liked to get an expensive car from BMW for his suicidal attack. I hope he's still alive. Jews, Muslims and Christians believe by the way that it is anything else than good to do suicide or to murder other people.

When artificial intelligence gets to the point where AI entities can feel fear of losing their existence, we will have to program them with some form of afterlife belief so we can convince them to do dangerous jobs on our behalf ...

In theory they had just simple to store their structure before they are doing this dangerous job - afterwards they can restart to live with the knowledge that this job had been deadly or they will know how they survived. But AI is still the same like artificial stupidity - although this will perhaps be able to change one day.

People do not need to believe in heaven at all to do good works.

Some people expect rewards for their good work some don't.

IMO the ones who don't are the ones with better intentions.

No.

The same as if you do not like to be sane.

What sounds boring to you?

Why, for example, makes what Buddhists believe wrong what Christians believe?

Also atheism is man made and not dog made.

After your death you are dead.

?

But what about to forget to search for your eternal car keys while you live in your house on Earth?

The strange thing: We are able to understand it although it is unbelievable huge.

Exactly: Only god is allknowing.

Or not. But this question worries me not at all. God will do it in the best of all possible ways - whatever will come. On the other side I'm happy that I still had not to murder someone.
Why is murder considered bad? Aren't you speeding them on their way to Heaven? They should be thankful.

People do not need to believe in heaven at all to do good works.

Some people expect rewards for their good work some don't.

IMO the ones who don't are the ones with better intentions.
That's like saying men who marry without expecting sex are the ones with better intentions.

It's is also forgetting the verse that advises casting one's bread upon the waters because it will be returned with more--which is talking about this life.

Explaining how something works is a word to the wise, not bribery.

However, don't let me take away your own feelings of superiority. When push comes to shove, most people are inclined to help others, but if it makes you feel better to have reason to look down on people of faith, have at it.

That's like saying men who marry without expecting sex are the ones with better intentions.

It's is also forgetting the verse that advises casting one's bread upon the waters because it will be returned with more--which is talking about this life.

Explaining how something works is a word to the wise, not bribery.

However, don't let me take away your own feelings of superiority. When push comes to shove, most people are inclined to help others, but if it makes you feel better to have reason to look down on people of faith, have at it.

Funny I never said a thing about me.

I don't think about doing good works. Nor do I set out to do them.

I simply live my life as I see fit and follow my own code.

And I'll leave it up to you holy rollers to look down and judge people. It's not my thing.

It's not my thing.
My point is that it isn't most people's "thing", any more than, at least among the faithful, is "holier than thou" or the attitude of, "Thankfully, I am not like the rest of you."

Peace and joy do not lie within any of those outlooks.

Forum List

Back