Male Karen throws smoothie, hurls racial insults

And now whitie righties feel this visceral NEED to defend him and run those teenage workers down. How many of them are truly Karens in public?

Wrong.
The workers made a serious and almost deadly mistake that is not excusable.
They have to be prevented from doing it again.
They SHOULD have shown contrition and accepted the magnitude of their mistake by apologizing.
Since they did not, they need to be fired so they do not murder anyone else.

He was not a Karen because he was right that the workers almost killed his son.
A Karen is one who lies to pretend there was a risk when there was not one.

He was a dick, I get it. I don't know what all was said, the videos I've seen have him saying "immigrant loser", I haven't come across much else.

Here's where you now need to retract your claim that he called her an illegal.

Why is he a "dick"?
A food preparer who should know better, almost kills his son by ignoring allergy warnings, and you expect him to be polite?
He has every right to be extremely upset, emotional, and angry.

Wrong.
The workers made a serious and almost deadly mistake that is not excusable.
They have to be prevented from doing it again.
They SHOULD have shown contrition and accepted the magnitude of their mistake by apologizing.
Since they did not, they need to be fired so they do not murder anyone else.

The workers probably prepared the item to instruction.

I am still curious how one can order a peanut smoothie but hold the peanut butter. If he had ordered a non-peanut product, I can maybe see his point.

Then again, cross contamination in a fast food place is not unusual. It's why they usually post signs about serving peanuts, shellfish, eggs or other items people might have allergies to.

He was not a Karen because he was right that the workers almost killed his son.
A Karen is one who lies to pretend there was a risk when there was not one.
Except he's the one who ordered the "peanut smoothie with no peanuts". He probably should have known better. He's the one who should be managing his kid's diet, not total strangers making minimum wage.

He had the right to hear a personal apology.
You are totally wrong on this.
The server almost murdered someone.
That is totally and completely unacceptable.

Seems to me that he's the one who should be managing his son's condition, not minimum wage strangers.

Why is he a "dick"?
A food preparer who should know better, almost kills his son by ignoring allergy warnings, and you expect him to be polite?

Why is he a "dick"?

I would have been furious as well, but he was bordering on becoming violent, and took it too far IMO.

If it would have been me, first off, I wouldn't have ordered ANYTHING that had anything whatsoever to do with peanuts if my child had this kind of life and death allergy to peanuts. As stated by multiple posters, it's just too risky that somewhere in the preparation process some trace of peanuts could occur. Were they using the same mixing machine since it was an order for a peanut smoothie without peanuts?
Would you take this kind of chance if your child had this degree of allergy? I sure the hell would not have!

Now having said all of that, since he did apparently tell them no peanuts, then yes I would have been furious, but I would have asked for the manager and took it out on him (non-violently) instead of the kids working there.

Forum List

Back