Make America Obamaless Again! What Trump Can Do

Fiftyseven

Rookie
Nov 2, 2016
Trump promised to make America great again and can start by undoing all the executive actions of Barack Obama.
Can a President make America great again? One problem with Trump’s promise is that I don’t think all the factors that would make America great are in the control of the president. In fact, according to our Constitution, some shouldn’t be.

Ironically, that fact shows how Donald Trump can make America great or closer to it. He can undo Barack Obama’s executive orders.

That this can be done by a mere change in the presidency shows you that Obama’s legacy was always a house of cards. It completely depended on getting a President who would preserve and expand on his executive orders.

Donald Trump now has the pen and the phone.
McClatchy reports,

In one important way, Obama made it easier for Trump to undo some of his accomplishments.

William Galston, a former White House adviser to Bill Clinton who’s now a senior fellow at the center-left Brookings Institution, noted that Obama relied on a slew of executive actions to get things done after his Democratic Party lost control of Congress.

“One of the consequences of the last six years has been an increasingly expansive use of executive power,” Galston said.

Trump’s presidency puts many of Obama’s achievements in jeopardy.

He’s pledged to repeal the Affordable Care Act, pull out of the Iran nuclear deal, resume deporting immigrants who are in the U.S. illegally, kill policies designed to help ease climate change as well as the Trans-Pacific Partnership – a pending trade pact involving 12 Pacific Rim nations – and remove Obama’s executive actions.

Trump will be able to rescind Obama’s executive orders immediately if he wants.

Examples include those that bar companies that do work for the federal government from discriminating against employees on the basis of sexual orientation and those that halted the deportation of some immigrant children who are here illegally.

So, except for killing Obamacare, which is going to require a legislative action, Donald Trump can undo the Obama legacy.

He can also order the State Department to stop pushing scams and sins on other nations—global warming and homosexual “marriage.”

I think I’ve heard liberals mention “checks and balances” in the media more in the past couple of days than in the past couple of years or more.

The expansion of executive power was often mentioned by them when George W. Bush was President. But when Democrats took Congress in 2006 they did almost nothing about it. Then when Barack Obama won the office, we saw why: The Democrats wanted to wield even more power through the Presidency.

Thus, Wikileaks mocked “progressives” on Twitter three days ago:

Remember how you legalized
✔Assassinating anyone
✔NSA mass spying
✔Prosecuting publishers
✔CIA drones everywhere

It’s all Trumps in 71 days

— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) November 10, 2016

An early test of Trump’s presidency will be if he keeps his promises by undoing Barack Obama’s executive orders. But the test of his legacy will be if he is able to also get legislation passed in Congress and put good people on the Supreme Court.

Source

Trump promised to make America great again and can start by undoing all the executive actions of Barack Obama.
Can a President make America great again? One problem with Trump’s promise is that I don’t think all the factors that would make America great are in the control of the president. In fact, according to our Constitution, some shouldn’t be.

Ironically, that fact shows how Donald Trump can make America great or closer to it. He can undo Barack Obama’s executive orders.

That this can be done by a mere change in the presidency shows you that Obama’s legacy was always a house of cards. It completely depended on getting a President who would preserve and expand on his executive orders.

Donald Trump now has the pen and the phone.
McClatchy reports,

In one important way, Obama made it easier for Trump to undo some of his accomplishments.

William Galston, a former White House adviser to Bill Clinton who’s now a senior fellow at the center-left Brookings Institution, noted that Obama relied on a slew of executive actions to get things done after his Democratic Party lost control of Congress.

“One of the consequences of the last six years has been an increasingly expansive use of executive power,” Galston said.

Trump’s presidency puts many of Obama’s achievements in jeopardy.

He’s pledged to repeal the Affordable Care Act, pull out of the Iran nuclear deal, resume deporting immigrants who are in the U.S. illegally, kill policies designed to help ease climate change as well as the Trans-Pacific Partnership – a pending trade pact involving 12 Pacific Rim nations – and remove Obama’s executive actions.

Trump will be able to rescind Obama’s executive orders immediately if he wants.

Examples include those that bar companies that do work for the federal government from discriminating against employees on the basis of sexual orientation and those that halted the deportation of some immigrant children who are here illegally.

So, except for killing Obamacare, which is going to require a legislative action, Donald Trump can undo the Obama legacy.

He can also order the State Department to stop pushing scams and sins on other nations—global warming and homosexual “marriage.”

I think I’ve heard liberals mention “checks and balances” in the media more in the past couple of days than in the past couple of years or more.

The expansion of executive power was often mentioned by them when George W. Bush was President. But when Democrats took Congress in 2006 they did almost nothing about it. Then when Barack Obama won the office, we saw why: The Democrats wanted to wield even more power through the Presidency.

Thus, Wikileaks mocked “progressives” on Twitter three days ago:

Remember how you legalized
✔Assassinating anyone
✔NSA mass spying
✔Prosecuting publishers
✔CIA drones everywhere

It’s all Trumps in 71 days

— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) November 10, 2016

An early test of Trump’s presidency will be if he keeps his promises by undoing Barack Obama’s executive orders. But the test of his legacy will be if he is able to also get legislation passed in Congress and put good people on the Supreme Court.

Source

Yep. The Repubs will unite and follow Trump's lead. I can see a Cruz on the USSC....I wish...

Greg

The reason Obama's legacy is toast along with his pen, is because he used his pen on some of the most deplorable actions he could muster up from his failed Presidency. You can't put an activist like him in power, but the Americans were primed for anything after Bush. Bush was establishment, and he sold this nation down the river also, thus setting up a Barack Obama presidency. I can't wait till the likes of a Harry Reid, Nancy Polosi, Loretta Lynch, Susan Rice, the Clinton's are no longer a part of our government. What a freaking nightmare it has all been.

Forum List

Back