Major Media FAIL on Reporting the Pacific Northwest Heatwave

Let's not let facts spoil a good narrative.

The beauty of all of this is that WHEN it becomes obvious that the planet is not heading for a super greenhouse state - and it will eventually be proven that it isn't - the same people who are arguing that we are will be the ones who tell us that they knew all along that we weren't. ;)
Scientific Consensus: Earth's Climate is Warming
We have been in an ice age for the past 2.7 million years. The planet is uniquely configured for bipolar glaciation. At no other time in the earth's history was it so configured for the planet to become colder. The same conditions which led to the transition from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet still exist today.

Talk to me when you can tell me what those conditions are and explain why they led to the transition to an ice house planet.
What's your degree in?
Engineering. What's yours in?
So you know better than all those scientists and NASA?
So no degree?
I was asking because you think you know better than the scientists at NASA, so I figured you had a related degree, which you don't. So you're just another one of those pompous fakers that I've been told to look out for here.
No one disputes anything I have told you so far. Not NASA. Not IPCC. No one. The oxygen isotope curve is well established for the Cenozoic. No one besides you disputes it.

Do you blindly accept everything you are told without any investigation whatsoever?
I haven't disputed anything, mainly because I didn't know what that was, lol.

But yes, like I defer to my doctor when I don't feel well, trust the experts, they know more than you do.

The beauty of all of this is that WHEN it becomes obvious that the planet is not heading for a super greenhouse state - and it will eventually be proven that it isn't - the same people who are arguing that we are will be the ones who tell us that they knew all along that we weren't. ;)
We have been in an ice age for the past 2.7 million years. The planet is uniquely configured for bipolar glaciation. At no other time in the earth's history was it so configured for the planet to become colder. The same conditions which led to the transition from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet still exist today.

Talk to me when you can tell me what those conditions are and explain why they led to the transition to an ice house planet.
What's your degree in?
I know what this means and why it is this way.

View attachment 508451

View attachment 508452

Do you?
I bet the people at NASA would laugh at you. Smart people follow their lead.
I get a lot of my data on past climates from NASA.

Maybe you should study the earth's climate for yourself.
I have, I agree with everything the scientists say.
You have no idea what the scientists say other than CO2 is bad. There isn't one thing you understand about any of this.

They have no empirical evidence. All they have are flawed models which have proven to be inaccurate. The only experiment that was done shows that CO2 does not cause appreciable back radiation. The evidence from the geologic record shows that CO2 does not drive climate change, it reinforces climate change. Our current temperature is 2C below the peak temperatures of previous interglacial cycles. Our present sea level is 26 ft below the last interglacial cycle. And we are literally in the middle of an ice age and are 120 ppm away from extensive continental glaciation that would put 3,000 meters of ice over all of Canada, parts of the US NE and Midwest and parts of Europe and Asia wiping out everything in it's path and displacing a quarter of a billion people.

What's your degree in?
So no degree?
I was asking because you think you know better than the scientists at NASA, so I figured you had a related degree, which you don't. So you're just another one of those pompous fakers that I've been told to look out for here.
No one disputes anything I have told you so far. Not NASA. Not IPCC. No one. The oxygen isotope curve is well established for the Cenozoic. No one besides you disputes it.

Do you blindly accept everything you are told without any investigation whatsoever?

But yes, like I defer to my doctor when I don't feel well, trust the experts, they know more than you do.
It's the temperature record of the earth for the past 50 million years which no one disputes.

You mean the guys who will only have jobs if they say there is a problem? Those guys?

Why do you believe the US is the problem anyway? Our emissions have been declining for over 14 years. We could go to zero overnight and China, India and the rest of the emerging markets would replace it in 5 years.

Are you willing to send American dollars to those countries so they can stop emitting CO2? Because that is exactly what will happen.

Watts Up With That?

Major Media FAIL on Reporting the Pacific Northwest Heatwave​

Anthony Watts

July 1, 2021

Excerpt:

The headline in E&E News, WOWT-TV, Scientific American, WorldNewsNetwork, and other media outlets this week, “Unprecedented Heat Wave in Pacific Northwest Driven by Climate Change” couldn’t possibly be more unscientific. With absolutely no analysis, no historical context, and nothing but conjecture, author Anne. C. Mulkern eschewed science for advocacy in her reporting of the brief Pacific Northwest (PNW) heat wave this week.

Yes, the heat wave set all-time high temperature records in Washington, Oregon, and Canada. But consider this: At best, we have about 150 years of reliable weather records for the PNW, so a “black swan” outlier event like this isn’t surprising. It’s happened before, most certainly. We just weren’t around to observe it. After all, Native Americans did not keep written weather records.

High (and low) temperature records are nothing new. But it is important to look at the past, because data show us that more high temperature records were set during the first half of the twentieth century than during the past 50 years. Even the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) confirms this.

View attachment 507852
LINK

========

The asshole media ignores the RECORD COOL DOWN that came afterwards........, not only that warmist/alarmists ignore the rest of the country as this map shows what these turds ignore:

View attachment 507853

USA actually COOLED over all that day.
View attachment 508666

It's not climate change! It's not!
It's not!
It's not!

Enjoying your old movie clip of your big childhood moment, thank you.

:abgg2q.jpg:

What's your degree in?

View attachment 508451

View attachment 508452

Do you?

You have no idea what the scientists say other than CO2 is bad. There isn't one thing you understand about any of this.

They have no empirical evidence. All they have are flawed models which have proven to be inaccurate. The only experiment that was done shows that CO2 does not cause appreciable back radiation. The evidence from the geologic record shows that CO2 does not drive climate change, it reinforces climate change. Our current temperature is 2C below the peak temperatures of previous interglacial cycles. Our present sea level is 26 ft below the last interglacial cycle. And we are literally in the middle of an ice age and are 120 ppm away from extensive continental glaciation that would put 3,000 meters of ice over all of Canada, parts of the US NE and Midwest and parts of Europe and Asia wiping out everything in it's path and displacing a quarter of a billion people.
Scientists agree that global warming from human activity is a thing. You don't agree. Guess who is more likely to be right?

What's your degree in?
So no degree?

It's the temperature record of the earth for the past 50 million years which no one disputes.

You mean the guys who will only have jobs if they say there is a problem? Those guys?

Why do you believe the US is the problem anyway? Our emissions have been declining for over 14 years. We could go to zero overnight and China, India and the rest of the emerging markets would replace it in 5 years.

Are you willing to send American dollars to those countries so they can stop emitting CO2? Because that is exactly what will happen.
You don't believe in scientists and make up your own science. Maybe if you even had a relevant degree or something relevant...

4 days this thread is up and ZERO counterpoints to the post one article, that make three threads in a row I post that happens this way.

Warmist/alarmists have run away from the challenge.....

:abgg2q.jpg:

What's your degree in?

View attachment 508451

View attachment 508452

Do you?

Scientists agree that global warming from human activity is a thing. You don't agree. Guess who is more likely to be right?
Not all scientists agree. And some have done actual experiments which shows there is no appreciable back radiation due to CO2.

What's your degree in?
So no degree?

You don't believe in scientists and make up your own science. Maybe if you even had a relevant degree or something relevant...
I don't believe science is ever settled and when someone says it is then they are lying.

You have zero understanding of the lack of science being employed. None. Zero. Nada.

You might as well be a lemming.

What's your degree in?

View attachment 508451

View attachment 508452

Do you?

Not all scientists agree. And some have done actual experiments which shows there is no appreciable back radiation due to CO2.
When they can convince NASA...

Watts Up With That?

Anthony Watts

July 1, 2021

Excerpt:

The headline in E&E News, WOWT-TV, Scientific American, WorldNewsNetwork, and other media outlets this week, “Unprecedented Heat Wave in Pacific Northwest Driven by Climate Change” couldn’t possibly be more unscientific. With absolutely no analysis, no historical context, and nothing but conjecture, author Anne. C. Mulkern eschewed science for advocacy in her reporting of the brief Pacific Northwest (PNW) heat wave this week.

Yes, the heat wave set all-time high temperature records in Washington, Oregon, and Canada. But consider this: At best, we have about 150 years of reliable weather records for the PNW, so a “black swan” outlier event like this isn’t surprising. It’s happened before, most certainly. We just weren’t around to observe it. After all, Native Americans did not keep written weather records.

High (and low) temperature records are nothing new. But it is important to look at the past, because data show us that more high temperature records were set during the first half of the twentieth century than during the past 50 years. Even the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) confirms this.

View attachment 507852
LINK

========

The asshole media ignores the RECORD COOL DOWN that came afterwards........, not only that warmist/alarmists ignore the rest of the country as this map shows what these turds ignore:

View attachment 507853

Nothing to see here folks.....move along.

What's your degree in?
So no degree?

I don't believe science is ever settled and when someone says it is then they are lying.

You have zero understanding of the lack of science being employed. None. Zero. Nada.

Are you getting frustrated? I have enough understanding to know that the scientists and NASA are right. Makes me wonder which one of us doesn't understand the science.

What's your degree in?

View attachment 508451

View attachment 508452

Do you?

Means nothing other than it is political. NASA agrees that we are 2C below the peak temperature of previous interglacial cycles. NASA agrees that we are in an ice age. NASA agrees that extensive northern hemisphere continental glaciation occurs at 280 ppm. NASA agrees that 2.7 million years ago the earth transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet. NASA agrees that northern hemisphere glaciation controls the climate of the planet. NASA agrees that the climate fluctuates more once the earth transitioned to an icehouse climate.

What's your degree in?
So no degree?

Are you getting frustrated? I have enough understanding to know that the scientists and NASA are right. Makes me wonder which one of us doesn't understand the science.
Me? Frustrated? Not at all. I'm not the one who is ignorant.

We are in an interglacial cycle. Our present temperature is still 2C below the peak temperature of previous interglacial cycles. Time is on my side. When your trust in biased climate scientists is proven to be unfounded, you will be on these boards saying you knew it all along.

Watts Up With That?

Anthony Watts

July 1, 2021

Excerpt:

View attachment 507852
LINK

========

View attachment 507853

Nothing to see here folks.....move along.
Translating:

I have Nothing to counter with folks.... move along.

:)

Last edited:

What's your degree in?

View attachment 508451

View attachment 508452

Do you?

Means nothing other than it is political. NASA agrees that we are 2C below the peak temperature of previous interglacial cycles. NASA agrees that we are in an ice age. NASA agrees that extensive northern hemisphere continental glaciation occurs at 280 ppm. NASA agrees that 2.7 million years ago the earth transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet. NASA agrees that northern hemisphere glaciation controls the climate of the planet. NASA agrees that the climate fluctuates more once the earth transitioned to an icehouse climate.
You say so, but is it real?

What's your degree in?

View attachment 508451

View attachment 508452

Do you?

You say so, but is it real?
Englander 420kyr CO2-T-SL rev.jpg

What's your degree in?
So no degree?

We are in an interglacial cycle. Our present temperature is still 2C below the peak temperature of previous interglacial cycles. Time is on my side. When your trust in biased climate scientists is proven to be unfounded, you will be on these boards saying you knew it all along.
Being 2 degrees below.... is an irrelevant stat. It's about how much man is warming the planet himself.

What's your degree in?
So no degree?

Being 2 degrees below.... is an irrelevant stat. It's about how much man is warming the planet himself.
No, it's not an irrelevant stat. It means we are in the normal range of an interglacial cycle.

Englander 420kyr CO2-T-SL rev.jpg

There is a Scientific Consensus that Progressives are mentally ill..

Forum List

Back