MAGA Hat Discrimination is OK

I agree with the OP... But... Last paragraph:

The Happiest Hour denied that Piatek had been removed in the first place, stating Piatek “was sufficiently pleased with his service at the bar [and] that he added” a $36 tip onto the $186 tab, according to The New York Post. The bar owners suggest Piatek’s lawsuit was a “publicity stunt.”

That's... Weird.
What's so weird about that? Even if you get booted you still have to pay your tab, or you could get arrested.

And you certainly don't punish the waitress by not tipping just because the owner is a TDS afflicted moron. You have sympathy for her.

It's no secret that I despise the Trump cult.

Having said that, simply because you support Trump does not mean you should be booted from an establishment.

If it were my establishment, I'd welcome all MAGA dudes and dude-ettes, even though I fundamentally disagree with them.

Yeah, this type of ruling opens the door to business owners to discriminate against folks that wear clothing associated with basketball teams and rap stars. . . and we know what that is a dog whistle for. But? It would be permissible according to this ruling.

Having said that, simply because you support Trump does not mean you should be booted from an establishment.

If it were my establishment, I'd welcome all MAGA dudes and dude-ettes, even though I fundamentally disagree with them.

My establishment has a strict "no politics" rule.

No paraphenalia....no politics talk.

And If you indulge in it on either side you'll be asked to knock it off (literally if it's hats) second time you're out.

That's MY right

What's so weird about that? Even if you get booted you still have to pay your tab, or you could get arrested.

And you certainly don't punish the waitress by not tipping just because the owner is a TDS afflicted moron. You have sympathy for her.
It's more than that... Why wouldn't the bar own up to it?

The lawyer representing The Happiest Hour, Elizabeth Conway, argued that he was not discriminated against because only religious, not political, beliefs are protected under state and city discrimination law.

“Supporting Trump is not a religion,” Conway argued.

Clearly, Elizabeth Conway does not know, or understand, Trump voters. Since she lives in NYC she has likely not been exposed to them like I have.

Last edited:

I don't want MAGA assholes in my establishment. I also don't want biker gangs, skinheads or assholes who will drive regular customers away. The MAGA hat the "colours" worn by seditious assholes who support an authoritarian dictatorship. Not welcome in polite society.

In the same way that men seem to think that a woman who wear's low cut tops, and tight fitting clothes is fair game because she's "asking for it" by dressing that way, the asshole wearing the MAGA hat is looking for trouble. In this day and age, wearing a hat in support of the twice impeached, conman who sent a mob to storm the Capitol when he lost the election, sends a message.

The message it sends is "I'm looking for a fight. I'm a racist asshole and I don't care who knows it. I'm wearing this hat to draw attention to myself, and I'll attack anyone who says anything to me. And then I'll scream VICTIM, at the top of my lungs" .

I don't want MAGA assholes in my establishment. I also don't want biker gangs, skinheads or assholes who will drive regular customers away. The MAGA hat the "colours" worn by seditious assholes who support an authoritarian dictatorship. Not welcome in polite society.

In the same way that men seem to think that a woman who wear's low cut tops, and tight fitting clothes is fair game because she's "asking for it" by dressing that way, the asshole wearing the MAGA hat is looking for trouble. In this day and age, wearing a hat in support of the twice impeached, conman who sent a mob to storm the Capitol when he lost the election, sends a message.

The message it sends is "I'm looking for a fight. I'm a racist asshole and I don't care who knows it. I'm wearing this hat to draw attention to myself, and I'll attack anyone who says anything to me. And then I'll scream VICTIM, at the top of my lungs" .

That sounds pretty self righteous and judgmental.

Im the same way with BLM. I dont want them burning down my business or shooting my customers for wearing a red tshirt.

I dont refuse anyone. A buck is a buck. I don't even care if you're a communist.

I've refused customers. I had a guy who wanted a gymnastics outfit for his 12-year old daughter and he wanted it made so it was uncomfortable, tight and she'd hate wearing it. I also reported the guy.
Reported him for what?
Are all of you canadians ignorant assholes?

Hell no, I would rather take their money than exclude them!!!!
MAGA

Me too. But we're on a political board, so the question is: do you think it should be illegal? I don't think it should. I think the entire premise of "discrimination" law is flawed and violates rights rather than protects them.

I dont refuse anyone. A buck is a buck. I don't even care if you're a communist.

I've refused customers. I had a guy who wanted a gymnastics outfit for his 12-year old daughter and he wanted it made so it was uncomfortable, tight and she'd hate wearing it. I also reported the guy.
Reported him for what?
Are all of you canadians ignorant assholes?

Child abuse. He wanted to force the child to wear a tight uncomfortable outfit every hour of the day at home as punishment for something she had done. That's both physical and emotional abuse, and given the age of the child and the fact that she would be basically wearing a bathing suit at all times when home with her single parent father, possibly sexual abuse as well.

Doesn't the whole scenario strike you as ultra creepy?

Forum List

Back