Lucid Dreaming

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
Anyone here do it?

Lucid dreaming is where you're dreaming, but you've fully aware that you're dreaming, and you go on and do whatever you like without the normal consequences of, say, gravity, the need to breathe, any risk of injury, any social interactions at all, etc. Literally anything is possible.

It requires noticing things that are out of place and then pursuing that thought.

I awoke this morning from an epic lucid dream involving a common theme of being at work yet being inexplicably unable to do the work. I was at this work site and didn't get set up properly and when I tried to set up had no idea how to do it. Then it occurred to me that I had no recent memory of planning for such an event --- no precommunications, no contact people, no travel, no hotel, and looking around I had no idea where in the world I was, although it hadn't occurred to me to wonder that until then.

So I suspected I was in a dream but to make sure I asked a woman at an office desk "do you know what today's date is?" She checked her calendar to be sure and reported it was the "36th of Bradley". Now I had confirmation that everything around me was an illusion. I let the dream continue. It involved taking an elevator to a lower floor, and while the elevator was descending I reasoned that, if this is a dream I don't need to wait for the elevator to stop and the doors to open --- so I just walk out while it's moving, and it works, because why wouldn't it. But that's a decision I make consciously, knowing that everything I see is an illusion anyway.

Also encountered a man in a tuxedo in whose face I threw a cup of coffee, just because why not.

Fun stuff. Hope to do it more. It just requires noticing little things that don't add up and questioning why they don't add up. It doesn't in any way suppress the dreaming -- that continues.

Kind of like being on the Holodeck of the Enterprise, except there's no way to get injured. You literally do whatever you want.

Anyone here do it?

Lucid dreaming is where you're dreaming, but you've fully aware that you're dreaming, and you go on and do whatever you like without the normal consequences of, say, gravity, the need to breathe, any risk of injury, any social interactions at all, etc. Literally anything is possible.

It requires noticing things that are out of place and then pursuing that thought.

I awoke this morning from an epic lucid dream involving a common theme of being at work yet being inexplicably unable to do the work. I was at this work site and didn't get set up properly and when I tried to set up had no idea how to do it. Then it occurred to me that I had no recent memory of planning for such an event --- no precommunications, no contact people, no travel, no hotel, and looking around I had no idea where in the world I was, although it hadn't occurred to me to wonder that until then.

So I suspected I was in a dream but to make sure I asked a woman at an office desk "do you know what today's date is?" She checked her calendar to be sure and reported it was the "36th of Bradley". Now I had confirmation that everything around me was an illusion. I let the dream continue. It involved taking an elevator to a lower floor, and while the elevator was descending I reasoned that, if this is a dream I don't need to wait for the elevator to stop and the doors to open --- so I just walk out while it's moving, and it works, because why wouldn't it. But that's a decision I make consciously, knowing that everything I see is an illusion anyway.

Also encountered a man in a tuxedo in whose face I threw a cup of coffee, just because why not.

Fun stuff. Hope to do it more. It just requires noticing little things that don't add up and questioning why they don't add up. It doesn't in any way suppress the dreaming -- that continues.

Kind of like being on the Holodeck of the Enterprise, except there's no way to get injured. You literally do whatever you want.

When I was on Chantix I had those kind of dreams. Never had the scary dreams you get warned of, but damn they were fun. If it were not for the other side affects I would have stuck with it just for the dreams. They rocked.

Anyone here do it?

When I was on Chantix I had those kind of dreams. Never had the scary dreams you get warned of, but damn they were fun. If it were not for the other side affects I would have stuck with it just for the dreams. They rocked.

it's a kind of Hypnagogic hallucination thing-------a little sleep disorder in the
spectrum of narcolepsy

Sounds like a kind of virtual reality....

Actually better, After more than a year I can actually still remember many of them as clear as if they just happened. Hell, I can't remember what I ate for breakfast, but I still remember them........

And that one with Stevie Nicks! I promised not to tell!

Anyone here do it?

Okay, stick. None of these nice men are here to hurt you...they’re going to help you out actually...they’re nice men, so just hold your arms out in front of you, yeah, straight out like that...good, now these two nice men are going to slip the sleeves of this goofy, sort of backwards kind of jacket up along your arms.........

It happens more often as time goes by it seems. Some have been indeed strange, even involving death/near death/unsure whether or not I was dead for a while. The worst is when you wake up and start to go about your business, then realize you are still dreaming.

Anyone here do it?

it's a kind of Hypnagogic hallucination thing-------a little sleep disorder in the
spectrum of narcolepsy

No, this was a dream in full sleep mode, just like any other dream, the only distinction being I carried through the dream armed with the awareness that it was a dream. The only difference is awareness, absence of bewilderment at unexplainable things going on, and the ability to deliberately do impossible things.

Mind you, I've had the hypnagogic hallucination thing too, with a prescient warning. I had just driven home overnight from somewhere and it was the middle of the afternoon and I just laid down to "rest my eyes". While transitioning into Alpha I suddenly jumped up with a start because I saw a big truck careening around the corner right at me. I jumped up, realized I was on my couch and it was a mini-dream.

But the vision was powerful and stayed with me. A few days later that truck careening around the corner actually happened while I was actually driving, but by then I was expecting it and avoided any collision. I "knew" it was coming because I had been gifted a glimpse of the future.

I have done it, but cannot seem to get the knack to do it completely at will.

Such dreams can be impressively Matrix-ish. Also, there can be a freaky wake-up routine wherein it takes a minute or two to realize that the dream experience you just had is NOT your real life.

I have done it, but cannot seem to get the knack to do it completely at will.

Such dreams can be impressively Matrix-ish. Also, there can be a freaky wake-up routine wherein it takes a minute or two to realize that the dream experience you just had is NOT your real life.

As far as doing at will, I guess it requires letting the dream start, and then taking over control of it. Since we all dream every time we sleep (and if we don't the suppressed dreams visit our waking time in the form of hallucinations), one just needs to figure out that what's happening is a dream. Opens up a whole new world.

This woman used it to see what fire tastes like (salty) and flew to the sun. Because why not.

Anyone here do it?

You're never lucid when you're awake.

You believe in utopian fairy tales, global whining and cults of personality.

You should just stay asleep.

Forever.

Anyone here do it?

Forever.

Pete always the Debbie Downer.

I do the lucid dreaming thing about three to four times a year. I fly, swim like a torpedo underwater, and throw folks through walls that I detest, like my step mother.

Last edited:
Anyone here do it?

When I was a kid I first learned how to lucid dream by setting an alarm clock to trigger a short time before I normally woke up while I still in REM mode. The alarm would beep and I would turn it off and go back to sleep with full awareness that I was now in controll of the dream.

Because of the time dilation that occurs while dreaming, it is an excellent way to develop your visualization skills. I even use it to solve problems. For instance, I can check out a job site and glance over some blueprints before I go to sleep and quickly do the math to find out how much material I'm going to need for a building.

Anyone here do it?

get your meds adjusted

An occasional recurring dream is of flying. Not an aircraft, but that I am physically in flight and I can feel the air currents. The higher altitudes really give that feeling of flight.
Thing is, I have no real control.
Only way to describe it would be that I was tuned in to the conscience of an Eagle or some high flying raptor. Thats what it feels like.

Anyone here do it?

Forever.

Pete always the Debbie Downer.

Clearly he's jealous. As is Haiku-boi in post 16.

Anyone here do it?

When I was a kid I first learned how to lucid dream by setting an alarm clock to trigger a short time before I normally woke up while I still in REM mode. The alarm would beep and I would turn it off and go back to sleep with full awareness that I was now in controll of the dream.

Because of the time dilation that occurs while dreaming, it is an excellent way to develop your visualization skills. I even use it to solve problems. For instance, I can check out a job site and glance over some blueprints before I go to sleep and quickly do the math to find out how much material I'm going to need for a building.

THERE we go. Not only lucid dreaming but intentional dreaming. That's a Nirvana goal, very productive.

I suspect Nikola Tesla did this all the time except he knew how to do it in his waking hours.

An occasional recurring dream is of flying. Not an aircraft, but that I am physically in flight and I can feel the air currents. The higher altitudes really give that feeling of flight.
Thing is, I have no real control.
Only way to describe it would be that I was tuned in to the conscience of an Eagle or some high flying raptor. Thats what it feels like.

The next step should be to try to attain the awareness that you're in a dream. Once you know that and the fact that you're flying has an explanation, you should be able to direct that flight wherever and however you want. Or anything else. Although -- if you just let the dream take you where IT wants it may tell you other things as far as where you're going and what's on the way.

I think flying is a common dream theme representing some kind of progress or transition. I don't have many flying dreams but I have underwater ones, which represents the subconscious.

Forum List

Back