LOVE THE PUSHBACK~Louisiana lawmakers Pass abortion ban

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
NY and VA started it with abortion until AND AFTER BIRTH .....seems the SOUTH has taken up the call for human decency, morals and ethics!

------------

Louisiana lawmakers on Wednesday passed a strict new abortion ban that would prohibit the procedure before some women even know they are pregnant, joining a half-dozen conservative states with similar measures.

In a 79-23 vote, the Louisiana House gave final passage to a bill barring abortion once there's a detectable fetal heartbeat, as early as the sixth week of pregnancy. Gov. John Bel Edwards, the Deep South's only Democratic governor, supports the ban and intends to sign it into law despite opposition from national party leaders who say such laws are attacks on women.

"I know there are many who feel just as strongly as I do on abortion and disagree with me — and I respect their opinions," Edwards said in a statement after the ban's passage. "As I prepare to sign this bill, I call on the overwhelming bipartisan majority of legislators who voted for it to join me in continuing to build a better Louisiana that cares for the least among us and provides more opportunity for everyone."

Lawmakers in conservative states across the nation are striking at the U.S. Supreme Court's 1973 Roe V. Wade decision that legalized abortion nationally. Abortion opponents are pushing new restrictions on the procedure in hopes that a case will make its way to the high court and two new conservative justices appointed by President Donald Trump could help overturn Roe.Louisiana's prohibition would take hold only if neighboring Mississippi's law is upheld by a federal appeals court. A federal judge temporarily blocked that Mississippi law Friday.

Abortion rights activists said Louisiana's bill would effectively eliminate abortion as an option before many women realize they are pregnant, calling the proposal unconstitutional.

(Excerpt) Read more at nola.com ...

NY and VA started it with abortion until AND AFTER BIRTH .....seems the SOUTH has taken up the call for human decency, morals and ethics!

------------

Louisiana lawmakers on Wednesday passed a strict new abortion ban that would prohibit the procedure before some women even know they are pregnant, joining a half-dozen conservative states with similar measures.

In a 79-23 vote, the Louisiana House gave final passage to a bill barring abortion once there's a detectable fetal heartbeat, as early as the sixth week of pregnancy. Gov. John Bel Edwards, the Deep South's only Democratic governor, supports the ban and intends to sign it into law despite opposition from national party leaders who say such laws are attacks on women.

"I know there are many who feel just as strongly as I do on abortion and disagree with me — and I respect their opinions," Edwards said in a statement after the ban's passage. "As I prepare to sign this bill, I call on the overwhelming bipartisan majority of legislators who voted for it to join me in continuing to build a better Louisiana that cares for the least among us and provides more opportunity for everyone."

Lawmakers in conservative states across the nation are striking at the U.S. Supreme Court's 1973 Roe V. Wade decision that legalized abortion nationally. Abortion opponents are pushing new restrictions on the procedure in hopes that a case will make its way to the high court and two new conservative justices appointed by President Donald Trump could help overturn Roe.Louisiana's prohibition would take hold only if neighboring Mississippi's law is upheld by a federal appeals court. A federal judge temporarily blocked that Mississippi law Friday.

Abortion rights activists said Louisiana's bill would effectively eliminate abortion as an option before many women realize they are pregnant, calling the proposal unconstitutional.

You would love the insanity of trying to out-lunatic the other "fringe" on this and other issues.. It's just blue-faced temper tantrums -- not helpful to reducing the # of abortions at all. NY and Louisiana are both looked on as fringe kook states for trying to cheer on a train wreck....

------------

You would love the insanity of trying to out-lunatic the other "fringe" on this and other issues.. It's just blue-faced temper tantrums -- not helpful to reducing the # of abortions at all. NY and Louisiana are both looked on as fringe kook states for trying to cheer on a train wreck....
The only problem is a HEARTBEAT is a sure sign we have a viable human and not kill that viable human on a whim...not the right gender, not the right color, MIGHT have deformities or hell I just dont want a kid right now and was too fucking lazy to spend $9 on birth control pills!!!!

------------

The only problem is a HEARTBEAT is a sure sign we have a viable human and not kill that viable human on a whim...not the right gender, not the right color, MIGHT have deformities or hell I just dont want a kid right now and was too fucking lazy to spend $9 on birth control pills!!!!

All of that is hysteria.. Not helping solve the abortion problem... In my lifetime, I've faced an ultrasound of one of my babies with a heatbeat at 3 months --- BUT NO brain development... So STFU and THINK....

BOTH of your lunatic fringers mobs looking for fame are looking pretty demented right now on this issue...

------------

All of that is hysteria.. Not helping solve the abortion problem... In my lifetime, I've faced an ultrasound of one of my babies with a heatbeat at 3 months --- BUT NO brain development... So STFU and THINK....

BOTH of your lunatic fringers mobs looking for fame are looking pretty demented right now on this issue...
And what were the chances that ANOTHER baby is conceived with a heartbeat and no brain development....1 out of 200,000....1 out of 1 million?....and who is to say that at 4 months or older the brain doesn't start to develop?

Louisiana calling it the "fetal heartbeat bill". Barring abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected. Naturally the baby killers are enraged. They feel betrayed by a Democrat governor who dares support the life of the unborn. Interesting footnote: When Gov. Edwards and his wife were told their child would be born with spina bifida, the doctors told them to abort. They did not. Their daughter is leading a normal life and is a college graduate. I think that's where his staunch support of life came from. I give him major props for not killing their child even though they faced obstacles. This is why he is pro-life & I believe he will sign the bill.

There are differing circumstances...perhaps you should stop and think instead of stop and feeling!

------------

And what were the chances that ANOTHER baby is conceived with a heartbeat and no brain development....1 out of 200,000....1 out of 1 million?....and who is to say that at 4 months or older the brain doesn't start to develop?

Louisiana calling it the "fetal heartbeat bill". Barring abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected. Naturally the baby killers are enraged. They feel betrayed by a Democrat governor who dares support the life of the unborn. Interesting footnote: When Gov. Edwards and his wife were told their child would be born with spina bifida, the doctors told them to abort. They did not. Their daughter is leading a normal life and is a college graduate. I think that's where his staunch support of life came from. I give him major props for not killing their child even though they faced obstacles. This is why he is pro-life & I believe he will sign the bill.

There are differing circumstances...perhaps you should stop and think instead of stop and feeling!

Dear The Purge and Blackrook
also CC: Death Angel
If you are so concerned with stopping abortion,
let's see you rally up MEN to write and enforce
laws for MEN to abstain from or BAN SEX
that leads to unwanted pregnancy or abortion.

Why not legislate at the point of PREVENTION
and include the MEN?

So EASY for you to push and support legislation that
only holds WOMEN responsible and never involving or affecting the MEN.

Care to take on this challenge?

You should know that lots more WOMEN including both prochoice and prolife
would APPLAUD and SUPPORT legislation that holds MEN responsible
for abstaining from sex that leads to abortion.

Are you ready to take on that challenge?
I support you 100% because I'm 100% for preventing abortion 100%
And I believe what's missing is MEN holding MEN responsible,
not just pushing this on women to take the blame, burden and consequences
AS IF MEN HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH CAUSING PREGNANCY AND ABORTION.

------------

Thank you flacaltenn and The Purge

Where this "anti choice" party-rule started is under Obama's administration
with liberal Democrats abusing majority rule and govt
to push right to health care and mandates forcing THEIR BELIEFS
on everyone else to fund and follow, despite violating their OWN beliefs.

This opened the door for OTHER beliefs (such as Right to Life) to be
pushed through govt by majority rule, by totally overriding the principle of
"freedom of choice" with justifying the "govt has a compelling interest
to impose mandates to save lives" that is MORE IMPORTANT
than protecting the free choice of citizens. That's the
dangerous precedent set by ACA legislation under Obama.

If you ask me, I would petition and question any judge
on any level of govt if they CAN'T discern where BELIEFS
are biasing laws to violate Constitutional "neutrality" by
establishing beliefs that discriminate against other creeds.

At this point, it may take going through the Senate Judiciary Committee
and complaining about partisan biases of POLITICAL BELIEFS
coloring public policy in violation of Constitutional laws and
Civil Rights protecting citizens against Discrimination by Creed.

------------

OH now they look to the constitution ...

great

------------

OH now they look to the constitution ...

great

Yep Deplorable Yankee
Roe V Wade was not about questioning right to life but
actually more about "substantive DUE PROCESS" that would be denied and violated (NOT "right to privacy" which is the explanation in plain terms of what goes wrong with violating DUE PROCESS)

Liberals aren't being taught this, but totally ignore similar violations of DUE PROCESS with
ACA mandates and gun regulations that deprive LAW ABIDING citizens of liberty WITHOUT DUE PROCESS.

They only enforce this when they understand it affects them and their beliefs.

They manage to justify overriding it when they believe "govt has a greater compelling interest"
in imposing regulations rather than consider the effect on violating and depriving other people's rights.

Sad Deplorable Yankee
You'd think more people would GET that you need to meet ALL standards
that are included in Constitutional laws. Not push legislation to defend
one principle while violating OTHER principles EQUALLY in the Constitution
due to some perceived "political expedience" or "govt compelling interest."

It’s time the nation broke up into several pieces. How wonderful that would be.

------------

Rather, at six weeks of pregnancy, an ultrasound can detect "a little flutter in the area that will become the future heart of the baby," said Dr. Saima Aftab, medical director of the Fetal Care Center at Nicklaus Children's Hospital in Miami. This flutter happens because the group of cells that will become the future "pacemaker" of the heart gain the capacity to fire electrical signals, she said. [Are You Pregnant? 12 Early Signs of Pregnancy]

But the heart is far from fully formed at this stage, and the "beat" isn't audible; if doctors put a stethoscope up to a woman's belly this early on in her pregnancy, they would not hear a heartbeat, Aftab told Live Science. (What's more, it isn't until the eighth week of pregnancy that the baby is called a fetus; prior to that, it's still considered an embryo, according to the Cleveland Clinic.)
Is a 'Fetal Heartbeat' Really a Heartbeat at 6 Weeks?

A female doesn't even know she is pg in 6 weeks. This is a complete ban on abortions.

------------

and include the MEN?

What? LMAO

Here's a thought EVERYONE start taking some personal responsibility.

Abortion numbers would drop like a stone

You fuck, you didn't take PRECAUTIONS, what ever happened to the DAY AFTER PILL? That is NOT a man's responsibility but it is strictly on a woman!

and include the MEN?

What? LMAO

Here's a thought EVERYONE start taking some personal responsibility.

Abortion numbers would drop like a stone

Hmmm. Studies have shown that one of the side effects of legalized abortion is an increased pressure on everyone to have more sex. So killing babies when they're inconvenient is only ONE of the deficits of personal responsibility caused by Roe v. Wade.

Human life begins at conception.

At that moment a specific genetic blueprint is laid out that will produce a unique individual. Leftists who refer to a developing human being as "not viable" or a "parasite" or a "clump of cells" or whatever buzzwords they feel like using are employing the exact same dehumanization tactics that Nazis did when executing their "undesirables".

NOT your body, NOT your choice. You made your choice when you had sex.

It's called anencephaly and it's 3 in 10,000.. You are WAY OFF.. . No way I want the fucking politicians making that kind of decision.. And no way do I want to force a baby to full term with this condition.. EVEN IF the mother neglects prenatal care until the 3rd or 5th month..

This is NOT like spina bifida where accommodations can fix a lot of the deficiencies. This is essentially a BRAIN DEAD baby that will live 2 days max..

Don't play pediatric neuro specialist here with your uninformed opinions about fetal brain development.. Makes you look more shrill and demonic...

Louisiana calling it the "fetal heartbeat bill". Barring abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected. Naturally the baby killers are enraged. They feel betrayed by a Democrat governor who dares support the life of the unborn.

Enraging either side of this lunatic face-off is way too easy.. So I'm not impressed... RATIONALE adults would rather make abortion as rare as possible and as SCIENTIFICALLY AND MEDICALLY INFORMED as we can.. Leaving the MAXIMUM amount of freedom for SMARTER PEOPLE than enraged lunatic politicians to MAKE decisions like this.. I'm really not impressed by this show-down...

If the fringes keep trying to get more outrageous, BOTH their political bases are gonna die from flight of voters who can't stand the spectacle of insanity.....

Last edited:

It's called anencephaly and it's 3 in 10,000.. You are WAY OFF.. . No way I want the fucking politicians making that kind of decision.. And no way do I want to force a baby to full term with this condition.. EVEN IF the mother neglects prenatal care until the 3rd or 5th month..

This is NOT like spina bifida where accommodations can fix a lot of the deficiencies. This is essentially a BRAIN DEAD baby that will live 2 days max..

Don't play pediatric neuro specialist here with your uninformed opinions about fetal brain development.. Makes you look more shrill and demonic...

Louisiana calling it the "fetal heartbeat bill". Barring abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected. Naturally the baby killers are enraged. They feel betrayed by a Democrat governor who dares support the life of the unborn.

Enraging either side of this lunatic face-off is way too easy.. So I'm not impressed... RATIONALE adults would rather make abortion as rare as possible and as SCIENTIFICALLY AND MEDICALLY INFORMED as we can.. Leaving the MAXIMUM amount of freedom for SMARTER PEOPLE than enraged lunatic politicians to MAKE decisions like this.. I'm really not impressed by this show-down...

If the fringes keep trying to get more outrageous, BOTH their political bases are gonna die from flight of voters who can't stand the spectacle of insanity.....
Tell me how many times have doctors been wrong? You say the baby only lived for 2 days, then why not give it a chance to live and actually see what happens. Can a.baby born with a chance of living and then dying after 2 days be any worse than having it RIPPED APART into pieces with an abortion? Or is it simply taking in the mothers FEELINGS that she must get rid of it unnaturally and immediately? Seems to me it is all about what the pro abortion faction has put into women's heads than caring for the child. Is one way more acceptable to most women? Is the INCONVENIENCE of carrying the baby to term such a hard thing to do or does morals; ethics and principles play any sort of roll in this decision. I am not religious in any way, and don't come at this subject from that angle but was brought up with a clear definition of right and wrong. The gov. Of Louisiana's story is one of many where a deformity still leads to a decent life for the baby...why not chance it?

Forum List

Back