Louisville braces for mostly peaceful Breonna Taylor protests, even after charges are filed

But if they hadn't issued such an extreme warrant for such flimsy evidence, they wouldn't have broken down the door in the first place

See, here's the thing, the officers issued a lawful command to the occupants of that apartment to open the door. It sounds to me as if the command was ignored. If the boyfriend refused to comply with a lawful command, it warranted an escalation, such as breaking down the door. Regardless of the evidence, it was still a lawful command and that command was not heeded.
Choosing the wrong apt eviscerated the 'lawful command.'

No. You clearly have no knowledge of how it works.

You comply with a lawful command given by a police officer regardless of the circumstances involved. Those circumstances are to be judged by the legal, procedural, and administrative processes, not by the recipient of the lawful command.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of these soon-to-be-protesting mob members realize that by charging the officer with the lesser, more-easily provable charge the more likely the policeman will be convicted and go to jail....?!

but I don't see the justification based on the evidence to break in the door.

Neither do I. But the boyfriend did not respond to the police when they announced their presence. What were they supposed to do? Stand there and play a game of pinocle?
Make sure they have the right apt? They we are set up here if the police erroneously did a no-knock entry on a wrong address it may well be a blood bath on both sides.

Wow, your whole post is bullshit. They went to the address on the warrant, they knocked and announced. When no one responded the breached the door and one of the officer was shot by the boyfriend, they returned fire. It's the fault of the boyfriend that she got killed, she was standing beside him in a hall.

That's certainly what the defense will argue. I don't know that all that has been established as fact though.

I think the police should take citizens and our rights seriously. I don't see that they did it in this case. It seemed to be a huge overreaction to paltry evidence and an exercise in overuse of force.

And again, I have seen no corroboration that they clearly identified themselves so that people inside closed door could hear them or that they gave sufficient time to answer the door

Damn guy, the guy living upstairs, testified he heard the knock and announcement.

Neither do I. But the boyfriend did not respond to the police when they announced their presence. What were they supposed to do? Stand there and play a game of pinocle?
Make sure they have the right apt? They we are set up here if the police erroneously did a no-knock entry on a wrong address it may well be a blood bath on both sides.

Wow, your whole post is bullshit. They went to the address on the warrant, they knocked and announced. When no one responded the breached the door and one of the officer was shot by the boyfriend, they returned fire. It's the fault of the boyfriend that she got killed, she was standing beside him in a hall.

That's certainly what the defense will argue. I don't know that all that has been established as fact though.

I think the police should take citizens and our rights seriously. I don't see that they did it in this case. It seemed to be a huge overreaction to paltry evidence and an exercise in overuse of force.

And again, I have seen no corroboration that they clearly identified themselves so that people inside closed door could hear them or that they gave sufficient time to answer the door

Damn guy, the guy living upstairs, testified he heard the knock and announcement.

That doesn't address how long they gave them to respond or if they then immediately broke in the door and rushed them. Where was the bedroom? It's possible the guy upstairs was in a better position to hear than they were.

But again, I'm not saying I think you're WRONG in any of these facts. I'm saying you're assuming the police position on them and accepting facts without evidence. My issue as I keep saying is far more with the warrant.

I don't expect a team of cops to all independently validate that a warrant is valid before they execute a search on it. Just from what I read the evidence did not constitute the break down the door and full cavalry charge

That doesn't address how long they gave them to respond or if they then immediately broke in the door and rushed them. Where was the bedroom? It's possible the guy upstairs was in a better position to hear than they were.

But again, I'm not saying I think you're WRONG in any of these facts. I'm saying you're assuming the police position on them and accepting facts without evidence. My issue as I keep saying is far more with the warrant.

I don't expect a team of cops to all independently validate that a warrant is valid before they execute a search on it. Just from what I read the evidence did not constitute the break down the door and full cavalry charge

All I have to say is go back and listen to what the AG said again. He laid out all the facts.

All I have to say is go back and listen to what the AG said again. He laid out all the facts.

OK, I heard part of it, but not the whole thing. I did hear the part where they can't charge them with the shooting under Kentucky law, but I didn't hear the part where he talked about the knocking at the door.

Clearly though, you're a lot more focused on the execution of the warrant and I'm more focused on the acquisition of the warrant

What is not clear about all this?
The police had a warrant. It may have been a mistake of address and even a mistake of some over reaction, but there is no basis for calling this murder and no racist element involved. Better police work could have avoided it, but as long as we are going to have an armed war on drugs, there are going to be casualties, including collateral ones. Is there something this conclusion misses?

It was a no-knock warrant - wrong

They served it on the wrong house - wrong

Their was no evidence - wrong

She was in her room - wrong

Her boyfriend was innocent and only defending them - wrong

OK, I heard part of it, but not the whole thing. I did hear the part where they can't charge them with the shooting under Kentucky law, but I didn't hear the part where he talked about the knocking at the door.

Clearly though, you're a lot more focused on the execution of the warrant and I'm more focused on the acquisition of the warrant

None of the officers involved were part of getting the warrant. And as I said, the feds are looking into the warrant process, according to the AG. I think I'm done on this topic.

They we are set up here if the police erroneously did a no-knock entry on a wrong address it may well be a blood bath on both sides.

Quiet you. I am quite certain you did not watch the news conference. The AG stated it was NOT a no-knock entry. Lawful commands were issued and apparently ignored. The cops announced their presence. Regardless of the errors made by the police in serving the warrant, the boyfriend was legally obligated to comply.

Also, the contention that they 'did not hear' the police knocking on the door is garbage. The boyfriend would not have readied hifirs firearm if he was not aware of the police presence outside.
TK, you are wrong. They were at the wrong address in the middle of the night. "Lawful commands" is a dodge that the officer's attorney will try to use, and he may well lose on the ruling. The boyfriend, hearing all the strange, unjustified noise, had every moral right to defend himself.

A similar incident happened in Salt Lake City. By the time it was over, five officers were wounded, one was dead, and the subject was wounded. The police murdered him in the county jail a year latr.

Let's get the lege to focus on the law.

Faux News dumb ass, Harris Faulkner, had on a US attorney who made asshole of self, and mockery of Faux News in general, by declaring "erroneously" that the grand jury had just handed down an indictment for murder in the 2nd, which it most certainly did not do, they simply charged the officer with reckless endangerment, or wanton endangerment, and that not for the shooting death of Taylor, but for draining his magazine into an adjoining room!

Nobody was charged for Taylors death, rioting coast to coast tonight by Joe Bidens fan base.....
Edit: I find your post confusing if I misunderstood, I re-read it several times and still am not clear.

You're doing exactly what I said. A leftist who wants to twist the charges and incite violence. The charges are the equivalent of manslaughter in other States. It's a felony and he can go to jail for a long time.

I totally support manslaughter charges just based on that they went to the wrong address and broke down the door. That means someone didn't do their job and validate the information. You just don't do that.

Where do you get 2nd degree murder though? What evidence do you have they wanted to kill people? That sounds like another leftist overcharge and probably acquittal.

But none of it justifies rioting and burning down another city and punishing innocent people.
You're post is a bit incoherent, and your confusion is on you, as my post was spot on to the point, nobody has been charged with manslaughter of any kind here, period! What they did was fully exonerate the two officers who had inadvertently killed Taylor in exchange of gunfire, of any wrong doing whatsoever, they had every right to return fire, and they did just that, Taylor simply got caught in between and tragically it cost her her life. The guy they did charge, was charged for reckless endangerment of "neighbors," and had no hand in Taylors death, he drained his magazine into an adjoining apartment, or room in a manner the DA and AG considered to be reckless, which is a low level felony, and I can assure you he will not be convicted of. Again his charged recklessness, was judged to be altogether a separate issue, and he apparently had no hand in Taylors demise! This was a lawful shooting, Taylor was caught between the police and her "boyfriend" as they exchanged gunfire, her boyfriend opened fire first upon the police, hitting one of them, and contrary to all of the lies perpetrated in the democratic media, the warrant was announced even though they had obtained permission for a "no-knock" entry, in other words, they knocked on her door and announced selves as police, Taylors boyfriend then opened fire on them, and they returned his fire..... :wink:

Sadly, none of the home invaders died.

Faux News dumb ass, Harris Faulkner, had on a US attorney who made asshole of self, and mockery of Faux News in general, by declaring "erroneously" that the grand jury had just handed down an indictment for murder in the 2nd, which it most certainly did not do, they simply charged the officer with reckless endangerment, or wanton endangerment, and that not for the shooting death of Taylor, but for draining his magazine into an adjoining room!

Nobody was charged for Taylors death, rioting coast to coast tonight by Joe Bidens fan base.....
Edit: I find your post confusing if I misunderstood, I re-read it several times and still am not clear.

You're doing exactly what I said. A leftist who wants to twist the charges and incite violence. The charges are the equivalent of manslaughter in other States. It's a felony and he can go to jail for a long time.

I totally support manslaughter charges just based on that they went to the wrong address and broke down the door. That means someone didn't do their job and validate the information. You just don't do that.

Where do you get 2nd degree murder though? What evidence do you have they wanted to kill people? That sounds like another leftist overcharge and probably acquittal.

But none of it justifies rioting and burning down another city and punishing innocent people.

The fact is no one was charged in Taylors death. The only officer that was charged, discharged his weapon into an adjoining apartment. Also the charges are not that of manslaughter or any equivalent, but of wanton endangerment (read reckless endangerment) of the three people in the adjacent apartment who were not harmed. Those are the facts.

It was a good shoot!

JUSTIFIED!!!

You're post is a bit incoherent, and your confusion is on you, as my post was spot on to the point, nobody has been charged with manslaughter of any kind here, period! What they did was fully exonerate the two officers who had inadvertently killed Taylor in exchange of gunfire, of any wrong doing whatsoever, they had every right to return fire, and they did just that, Taylor simply got caught in between and tragically it cost her her life. The guy they did charge, was charged for reckless endangerment of "neighbors," and had no hand in Taylors death, he drained his magazine into an adjoining apartment, or room in a manner the DA and AG considered to be reckless, which is a low level felony, and I can assure you he will not be convicted of. Again his charged recklessness, was judged to be altogether a separate issue, and he apparently had no hand in Taylors demise! This was a lawful shooting, Taylor was caught between the police and her "boyfriend" as they exchanged gunfire, her boyfriend opened fire first upon the police, hitting one of them, and contrary to all of the lies perpetrated in the democratic media, the warrant was announced even though they had obtained permission for a "no-knock" entry, in other words, they knocked on her door and announced selves as police, Taylors boyfriend then opened fire on them, and they returned his fire..... :wink:

The cops weren't involved in obtaining the warrant. What are you basing that they should have been charged on?

The warrant seems to me to be a way, way inappropriate. I see lots of problems there. Break down the door and come blazing in?

But it wasn't the cops job to determine if the warrant was appropriate, that was up stream.

You keep saying the cops weren't charged with shooting her, they weren't charged with shooting her!

But you aren't saying how a cop would know the warrant wasn't appropriate. They didn't get the warrant, they just executed it.

I want to assign blame to the guilty party. You just seem to want to assign blame

The fact is no one was charged in Taylors death. The only officer that was charged, discharged his weapon into an adjoining apartment. Also the charges are not that of manslaughter or any equivalent, but of wanton endangerment (read reckless endangerment) of the three people in the adjacent apartment who were not harmed. Those are the facts.

It was a good shoot!

JUSTIFIED!!!
Absolutely, its tragic Taylor got caught between them, but her boyfriend opened fire on those officers after they knocked and announced who they were, this isn't police covering each others asses, half the building reported that the cops "KNOCKED & ANNOUNCED" themselves even though they didn't have too, then Taylors boyfriend attempted to murder them! All rioting looters should be shot upon detection, all of them! :wink:

It was a good shoot!

JUSTIFIED!!!
Absolutely, its tragic Taylor got caught between them, but her boyfriend opened fire on those officers after they knocked and announced who they were, this isn't police covering each other asses, half the building reported that the cops "KNOCKED & ANNOUNCED" themselves even though they didn't have too, then Taylors boyfriend attempted to murder them! All rioting looster should be shot upon detection, all of them! :wink:

Taylor's death only proves one thing. If you want to get rid of your girlfriend or wife, make sure that she is standing next to you when you open fire on the police.

• Funny
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back