Louisville braces for mostly peaceful Breonna Taylor protests, even after charges are filed

but I don't see the justification based on the evidence to break in the door.

Neither do I. But the boyfriend did not respond to the police when they announced their presence. What were they supposed to do? Stand there and play a game of pinocle?

I'm not disagreeing when they got to that point. But if they hadn't issued such an extreme warrant for so little evidence, they wouldn't have broken down the door in the first place.

The cops should have a healthy respect for citizens. The warrant was just wrong the way it was done

Neither do I. But the boyfriend did not respond to the police when they announced their presence. What were they supposed to do? Stand there and play a game of pinocle?
Make sure they have the right apt? They we are set up here if the police erroneously did a no-knock entry on a wrong address it may well be a blood bath on both sides.

Peaceful protests are constitutional, Republicans. Get over it.

Another OP flies over Jake's head ...

1600888089131.png

But if they hadn't issued such an extreme warrant for such flimsy evidence, they wouldn't have broken down the door in the first place

See, here's the thing, the officers issued a lawful command to the occupants of that apartment to open the door. It sounds to me as if the command was ignored. If the boyfriend refused to comply with a lawful command, it warranted an escalation, such as breaking down the door. Regardless of the evidence, it was still a lawful command and that command was not heeded.

Here is the OP, kaz.

Louisville braces for mostly peaceful Breonna Taylor protests, even after charges are filed

Make sure they have the right apt? They we are set up here if the police erroneously did a no-knock entry on a wrong address it may well be a blood bath on both sides.

And yet the racist cops you claim want to murder citizens are the only ones you want to have the guns, huh Jake the Fake

But if they hadn't issued such an extreme warrant for such flimsy evidence, they wouldn't have broken down the door in the first place

See, here's the thing, the officers issued a lawful command to the occupants of that apartment to open the door. It sounds to me as if the command was ignored. If the boyfriend refused to comply with a lawful command, it warranted an escalation, such as breaking down the door. Regardless of the evidence, it was still a lawful command and that command was not heeded.
Choosing the wrong apt eviscerated the 'lawful command.'

The AG did NOT say all that. You're assuming it. I haven't seen anyone really give a timeline they were even given a chance to open the door assuming that the cops did announce it

Faux News dumb ass, Harris Faulkner, had on a US attorney who made asshole of self, and mockery of Faux News in general, by declaring "erroneously" that the grand jury had just handed down an indictment for murder in the 2nd, which it most certainly did not do, they simply charged the officer with reckless endangerment, or wanton endangerment, and that not for the shooting death of Taylor, but for draining his magazine into an adjoining room!

Nobody was charged for Taylors death, rioting coast to coast tonight by Joe Bidens fan base.....
Edit: I find your post confusing if I misunderstood, I re-read it several times and still am not clear.

You're doing exactly what I said. A leftist who wants to twist the charges and incite violence. The charges are the equivalent of manslaughter in other States. It's a felony and he can go to jail for a long time.

I totally support manslaughter charges just based on that they went to the wrong address and broke down the door. That means someone didn't do their job and validate the information. You just don't do that.

Where do you get 2nd degree murder though? What evidence do you have they wanted to kill people? That sounds like another leftist overcharge and probably acquittal.

But none of it justifies rioting and burning down another city and punishing innocent people.

The fact is no one was charged in Taylors death. The only officer that was charged, discharged his weapon into an adjoining apartment. Also the charges are not that of manslaughter or any equivalent, but of wanton endangerment (read reckless endangerment) of the three people in the adjacent apartment who were not harmed. Those are the facts.

They went into the wrong address. The charges are related to that.

That they weren't charged directly for her death isn't really what they did wrong. You have to provide some evidence if you can support they were actually trying to murder her.

I wanted at least the shooter to face charges, he is. But what he did wrong was go into the wrong apartment. I need evidence he actually intended to kill the wrong person. Got any?

They didn't go to the wrong address, they went to the address on the warrant. The two officers that returned fire into Taylors apartment were not charged, as they returned fire after they were fired on. They admitted the officers knocked and announced they were police, the boyfriend fired the first shot. Relax and get the facts before you keep making a fool of yourself.

That the address was on the warrant doesn't make it the right address, that doesn't contradict what I said.

I haven't blamed the people who entered, I blamed whoever put the address on the warrant.

So you were condescending, but didn't actually address my point

If you were watching the press conference by the KY AG you'd know the process of the warrant is being investigated by the feds.

I did see that, thanks though. I don't blame the officers executing the warrant. It's the warrant that just doesn't sound right. And it seems like breaking down was WAY out of line based on the evidence.

Guns keep the cops honest too, not just the criminals. They shouldn't be assuming they can terrorize citizens based on a package and a car that are just "suspicious"

When they didn't answer the knocking, they decided to breach the door. That is normal procedure, especially in drug cases where evidence could be destroyed.

I said the same thing, but I believe on further evidence that ended up not being the case. There was a second warrant for that address.

The problem as I see it was it was based on a suspicious package and a suspicious car. Hardly justifying breaking in the door and rushing in with guns drawn

The wrong apt eviscerated the 'lawful command.'

I said the same thing, but I believe on further evidence that ended up not being the case. There was a second warrant for that address.

The problem as I see it was it was based on a suspicious package and a suspicious car. Hardly justifying breaking in the door and rushing in with guns drawn
Thank you for the correction. The police should have given the occupants to assimilate what was being required of them.

Faux News dumb ass, Harris Faulkner, had on a US attorney who made asshole of self, and mockery of Faux News in general, by declaring "erroneously" that the grand jury had just handed down an indictment for murder in the 2nd, which it most certainly did not do, they simply charged the officer with reckless endangerment, or wanton endangerment, and that not for the shooting death of Taylor, but for draining his magazine into an adjoining room!

Nobody was charged for Taylors death, rioting coast to coast tonight by Joe Bidens fan base.....
Edit: I find your post confusing if I misunderstood, I re-read it several times and still am not clear.

You're doing exactly what I said. A leftist who wants to twist the charges and incite violence. The charges are the equivalent of manslaughter in other States. It's a felony and he can go to jail for a long time.

I totally support manslaughter charges just based on that they went to the wrong address and broke down the door. That means someone didn't do their job and validate the information. You just don't do that.

Where do you get 2nd degree murder though? What evidence do you have they wanted to kill people? That sounds like another leftist overcharge and probably acquittal.

But none of it justifies rioting and burning down another city and punishing innocent people.

The fact is no one was charged in Taylors death. The only officer that was charged, discharged his weapon into an adjoining apartment. Also the charges are not that of manslaughter or any equivalent, but of wanton endangerment (read reckless endangerment) of the three people in the adjacent apartment who were not harmed. Those are the facts.

That they weren't charged directly for her death isn't really what they did wrong. You have to provide some evidence if you can support they were actually trying to murder her.

I wanted at least the shooter to face charges, he is. But what he did wrong was go into the wrong apartment. I need evidence he actually intended to kill the wrong person. Got any?

They didn't go to the wrong address, they went to the address on the warrant. The two officers that returned fire into Taylors apartment were not charged, as they returned fire after they were fired on. They admitted the officers knocked and announced they were police, the boyfriend fired the first shot. Relax and get the facts before you keep making a fool of yourself.

That the address was on the warrant doesn't make it the right address, that doesn't contradict what I said.

I haven't blamed the people who entered, I blamed whoever put the address on the warrant.

If you were watching the press conference by the KY AG you'd know the process of the warrant is being investigated by the feds.

I did see that, thanks though. I don't blame the officers executing the warrant. It's the warrant that just doesn't sound right. And it seems like breaking down was WAY out of line based on the evidence.

Guns keep the cops honest too, not just the criminals. They shouldn't be assuming they can terrorize citizens based on a package and a car that are just "suspicious"

When they didn't answer the knocking, they decided to breach the door. That is normal procedure, especially in drug cases where evidence could be destroyed.

The level of evidence however still seems way short to justify that. We'll see what the Feds say since as you say they are investigating the warrant.

Again I am not blaming the cops who executed the warrant and were not involved in procuring it.

Also, when you say they "didn't answer on knocking," I saw no clear statement they were given the chance

Here is the OP, kaz.

People have to be suckers to stay in areas where every police defense is going to be questioned and payouts will result that charges the taxpayers.

Wow, your whole post is bullshit. They went to the address on the warrant, they knocked and announced. When no one responded the breached the door and one of the officer was shot by the boyfriend, they returned fire. It's the fault of the boyfriend that she got killed, she was standing beside him in a hall.

The cops received fire and responded

Wow, your whole post is bullshit. They went to the address on the warrant, they knocked and announced. When no one responded the breached the door and one of the officer was shot by the boyfriend, they returned fire. It's the fault of the boyfriend that she got killed, she was standing beside him in a hall.

That's certainly what the defense will argue. I don't know that all that has been established as fact though.

I think the police should take citizens and our rights seriously. I don't see that they did it in this case. It seemed to be a huge overreaction to paltry evidence and an exercise in overuse of force.

And again, I have seen no corroboration that they clearly identified themselves so that people inside closed door could hear them or that they gave sufficient time to answer the door

The cops received fire and responded

We aren't disagreeing on that. It was the actions that led the cops to be there.

While libertarians and conservatives are both pro-law enforcement, this is the type of case we are likely to split

They we are set up here if the police erroneously did a no-knock entry on a wrong address it may well be a blood bath on both sides.

Quiet you. I am quite certain you did not watch the news conference. The AG stated it was NOT a no-knock entry. Lawful commands were issued and apparently ignored. The cops announced their presence. Regardless of the errors made by the police in serving the warrant, the boyfriend was legally obligated to comply.

Also, the contention that they 'did not hear' the police knocking on the door is garbage. The boyfriend would not have readied his firearm if he was not aware of the police presence outside.

The level of evidence however still seems way short to justify that. We'll see what the Feds say since as you say they are investigating the warrant.

Again I am not blaming the cops who executed the warrant and were not involved in procuring it.

Also, when you say they "didn't answer on knocking," I saw no clear statement they were given the chance

There was no evidence presented by the AG that Taylor or Walker acknowledged the knock and announcement in any way. Had they simply yelled out "just a minute", the officers probably wouldn't have breached. Of course that is just speculation, but it's a common response when someone comes to the door unexpected. The feds are looking on how the warrant was obtained and possible civil rights violations.

Forum List

Back