Louisiana's disappearing coastline and wetlands.

Stop fucking lying.
"Sea level is rising and will continue to rise.
Your school sucks."
You're one more insult away from the ignore button butter cheeks.
Some people are apparently beyond stupid and it looks like you're one of them.
Nobody, including myself, ever said this was about sea level rise except for you and your fossil fuel gang. But thanks for living up to your name once again.

There are many reasons the wetlands are disappearing.

Lying asshole. It's just above.

Stop fucking lying.
Your school sucks."
Nobody, including myself, ever said this was about sea level rise except for you and your fossil fuel gang. But thanks for living up to your name once again.

That's the first time i mentioned it douche wad.
Now fuck off ya grumpy old bald prick.

Stop fucking lying.
Your school sucks."

That's the first time i mentioned it douche wad.
Now fuck off ya grumpy old bald prick.

I have a very full head of hair, dumbass. Now look above in this thread. Maybe you should get your eyes checked.

Every hour and a half, Louisiana sheds another football field’s worth of land.

Seems like a hopeless situation, but sometimes that's what it takes
to wake people up.

All because the tributaries that feed into the Mississippi have been dammed up. The Army Corp of Engineers have been sealing up the sources of new sediment for decades.

It's a well known problem that has NOTHING to do with globull warming.

John McPhee wrote an excellent book about 25 years ago that deals with the subject called "The Control of Nature".

It is a very interesting read, and he consulted with the best scientists, and engineers, in the field.

Stop fucking lying.
Your school sucks."

Sea level rise is occurring, but I think wetlands loss has more to with other human activities, sadly.

Every hour and a half, Louisiana sheds another football field’s worth of land.

Seems like a hopeless situation, but sometimes that's what it takes
to wake people up.

It's not due to seal level rise, it's due to subsidence because the Mississippi river isn't allowed to flood naturally anymore during the high flow spring season.

It is due to both factors. Louisiana is Leading the Way in Real-time Sea Level Rise Monitoring

Alot of technobabble on what they are doing, and not much on what they are seeing, at least when it comes to sea level rise.

Dumbass, sea level is not rising. Get a friggin clue will ya. Believe me I know a little more than most folks do about measuring things to do with the earth. I cited bove just exactly how you can tell with your very own eyes. Search for the post on Kanton Island.
What you're looking at is the results of people fiddling around with the Mississippi and mother nature because they're too damned stupid to simply get out of nature's way.

I didn't say that.

If people didn't "fiddle" with the Mississippi River, people couldn't live near it in Louisiana.

You'd have to totally give up trying to control the mississippi to fix the problem.

Louisiana is actually gaining land where the Atchafalaya river discharges into the gulf.

Not surprising since they dont control it like they do the mississippi.

Actually they do, the just control it where it's trying to capture the Mississippi.

Old River Control Structure - Wikipedia

I was inferring that they dont control it to the extent they do the mississippi.

Agreed. The Atchafalaya discharge is allowed to spread out and drop off the sediments at the mouth of the river, while the Mississippi Main branch is channeled so most of the sediment shoots over the continental shelf.

As an Engineer I find the Army Corp of Engineer's attempt to control the Mississippi fascinating.
As an engineer, I find the corp of engineer's battle with mother nature ludicrous. They'll eventually lose every damn time.

That is not their position. And what would you want them to do? Allow the Mississippi to switch and basically abandon New Orleans and most of the industry along the current river that relies on the fresh water supply?

Exactly. They should never have built that shit there in the first place and it's a huge ongoing waste of taxpayer dollars that are pissed away each and every year. They'll never ever win the battle with that river or nature. All they'll do is piss away more money and more lives the longer they persist.

They preserve lives and livelihood by doing what they are doing.

Forum List

Back