Losing weight sucks

I'm overweight, but finally stopped all the excuses and started losing it. 3-4 miles of walking a day + smaller food portions + fewer snacks. It's working, but it sucks! :(
Good for you concerning your weight loss. I've recently lost about 30 pounds over the last few months due to the onset of diabetes. I could lose another 40-50 pounds. My body feels better after losing the 30.

I'm overweight, but finally stopped all the excuses and started losing it. 3-4 miles of walking a day + smaller food portions + fewer snacks. It's working, but it sucks! :(

Keep going. I lost 100 lbs years ago. When you lose it and keep it off for about a year, something amazing happens. Your body begins to fight to maintain the new lower weight just as hard as it used to fight to hold on to the old heavy weight. Plus, you get so much more energy and it takes less energy to move around, so you start getting shit done!

It really changes all aspects of your life!

Keep going. I lost 100 lbs years ago. When you lose it and keep it off for about a year, something amazing happens. Your body begins to fight to maintain the new lower weight just as hard as it used to fight to hold on to the old heavy weight. Plus, you get so much more energy and it takes less energy to move around, so you start getting shit done!

It really changes all aspects of your life!
Congrats on your weight loss! That's a LOT of pounds.

It does. It’s a grind and discouraging often but you can own this as long as you have a plan every day and don’t give up.

Good luck to you

You will feel better physically and mentally

If you are otherwise healthy, look into doing a dry fast. You will lose lots of weight and improve your health.

To me losing weight is harder than putting on muscle because all it takes to put on muscle is working out and eating protein. Losing weight is an all day thing. And if you lose a lot of weight it’s hard to keep the weight off long term. It’s extremely hard to do if all you’re doing is exercising and eating at a caloric deficit. You really have to change what you eat Permanently. If you have 30 or more pounds to lose my advice would be to consider keto.

Walk less and buy a heavy bag.Five 3 minute sessions on a bag will burn far more calories and give you some good power.

If it sucks in a bad way, you're doing it wrong. It should feel good.

If your goal is to get in better physical shape for your health, do not obsess about weight.

It does. But the rewards are great. Exercise helps, but exercise alone will not make you lose a lot of weight. There are apps out there that will help you. I've used LoseIt in the past. Logging your food intake will show you how quickly calories add up. But once you've lost around 30-40 lbs. Fill a suitcase with that kind of weigth in clothes and pick it up. it is amazing to do that and realize you were just carrying that around every day.

Keep it up and good luck.

I'm overweight, but finally stopped all the excuses and started losing it. 3-4 miles of walking a day + smaller food portions + fewer snacks. It's working, but it sucks!
Stick with it, it'll get easier as time goes on. The real problem comes as you approach your goal weight and think you can slack off. It's harder the second time around. Take it from someone who knows.

Forum List

Back