Los Angeles County bans travel to Florida

Why would they ban Florida travel?

I guess they’re trying to boycott Florida for the “don’t say gay” bill.
I thought the Florida gays were headed for New York, because it pays to advertise. I am surprised they are not boycotting New York for cutting in on their trade.

I guess they’re trying to boycott Florida for the “don’t say gay” bill.
Which would mean they hadn’t read the bill as it has nothing to do with saying the word, “gay.” It does discourage “grooming” but doesn’t mention that world either.

Would you want your child in kindergarten to have this teacher?

I don’t remember when I was five years old to eight years old having any interest in the families of my teachers or what they did on the weekend.

I wish that they would ban travel to Texas also

They did, according to the article in the tweet.

Los Angeles County bans official travel to Florida over ‘Don’t Say Gay’ law

"The board also banned official travel to Texas this week after the state controversially categorized some transgender-related medical procedures for minors as child abuse."

"DeSantis spokesperson Christina Pushaw ripped the travel ban Thursday.

“The woke bureaucrats running LA County are shooting themselves in the foot with their political grandstanding,” she said. “This misguided policy is a punishment for LA County employees – not for Florida.”

I wish that they would ban travel to Texas also
My question is, how do they enforce it?

If you read the article, it states, they prohibit the city officials from visiting the states. . . very authoritarian of them. It sort of reminds me of N. Korea and Cuba.

:heehee:

. . . and yes, Texas is banned too.

"The board also banned official travel to Texas this week after the state controversially categorized some transgender-related medical procedures for minors as child abuse."

I wonder if virtue signaling California thinks it's hurting Florida's feeling by keeping its lunatics at home?

Which would mean they hadn’t read the bill as it has nothing to do with saying the word, “gay.” It does discourage “grooming” but doesn’t mention that world either.

Would you want your child in kindergarten to have this teacher?

I don’t remember when I was five years old to eight years old having any interest in the families of my teachers or what they did on the weekend.

Oh I totally agree. I’m happy DeSantis did what he did but I wish he’d go higher than 3rd grade.

It is for official travel.

If you work for the county and want to travel to Miami to see how they are combating the rising oceans, You cannot go on the counties dime.

If you are LGBQ+, live in LA, and want to go to Disney World, they can't stop you.

I wish they would ban official travel to Texas, and all other red states. We don't need what they are selling!

Topic title is incorrect - Your Tweet says they banned Official travel to Florida.

As for how they enforce it: easy, by not allowing any Expenses by government employees for Florida-based travel or tourism.

Well, it says official travel.

The State can regulate that...
Looks like there are plenty official flights going from LA to Florida

1649440195603.png

Forum List

Back