Look what I just picked up. A 1978 Regency Brougham with 12k original miles.

I love finding these gems. Bought it from a dealer in NY for 2800 dollars delivered. 403 purrs and purrs.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243
View attachment 370244View attachment 370246View attachment 370247

Where's it been kept for these 42 years??

And how dry-rotted are those whitewalls?
This was from a lot. Tires are newer. Though the 12k cannot be authenticated, I am now the second owner. First owner was named like, Elmer Jones...lol

Drivers seat has no wear, passenger like new. Engine is clean

Aren't you curious where it spent 42 years? Because it cannot have been on a lot. It would be covered in mildew and mouse turds and sunlight fading at the least. Not to mention what's happened to the fluids.
I can't hire a private investigator to find out. It is only a 3 k car. Ya can barely buy a pos for 3k...lol

I hired a mechanic to inspect the car by the local car lot. He said the cars there are decent. He thoroughly inspected it and told me if I didn't buy it he would.

I've probably bought 20 cars in the last 10 yrs, a lot sight unseen. A local mechanic is paid to go over the car. The brake lines are original but in decent shape. Those will be replaced. Other than the headliner needs replaced, not much at all left. Little surface rust.

F it is 42 yrs old...lol
Pogo doesn't like it, so you should sell it.

Pfeh. It's an autonomic transmission, I don't want nuttin' to do wit it. :puke:

But I do know what happens when a car sits for 42 years.
How do you know it just sat?

I love finding these gems. Bought it from a dealer in NY for 2800 dollars delivered. 403 purrs and purrs.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

This was from a lot. Tires are newer. Though the 12k cannot be authenticated, I am now the second owner. First owner was named like, Elmer Jones...lol

Aren't you curious where it spent 42 years? Because it cannot have been on a lot. It would be covered in mildew and mouse turds and sunlight fading at the least. Not to mention what's happened to the fluids.
I can't hire a private investigator to find out. It is only a 3 k car. Ya can barely buy a pos for 3k...lol

I hired a mechanic to inspect the car by the local car lot. He said the cars there are decent. He thoroughly inspected it and told me if I didn't buy it he would.

I've probably bought 20 cars in the last 10 yrs, a lot sight unseen. A local mechanic is paid to go over the car. The brake lines are original but in decent shape. Those will be replaced. Other than the headliner needs replaced, not much at all left. Little surface rust.

F it is 42 yrs old...lol

I don't.
That's why I axed in the first place. For all I know it could have been driven every day for three-quarters of a mile.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

F it is 42 yrs old...lol

I don't.
That's why I axed in the first place. For all I know it could have been driven every day for three-quarters of a mile.
So you wouldn't have bought it.

Okay, looks like the thread's over, folks. Pogo has passed judgement.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

F it is 42 yrs old...lol

I don't.
So you wouldn't have bought it.

Okay, looks like the thread's over, folks. Pogo has passed judgement [sic].

Nobody asked if I would have bought it. Quit the fucking trolling.
I asked how it had been stored, BECAUSE THAT'S AN ISSUE.

Here's an idea: FUCK OFF.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243
is that a 400ci olds engine?
those cars had a nice soft ride
GM started putting Chevy engines in olds, pontiac, caddy and buicks around 1979.
I think that 1978 was the last year that they made olds engines.
My 78 Grand Prix had a chevy engine and it was pure junk.

love finding these gems. Bought it from a dealer in NY for 2800 dollars...

Very nice!

I had a 77 Delta 88 with a 403 bored 30 over and with extra goodies since it was an anniversary special.

I felt gloom and doom when James brought it home cuz I hated that frickin thing! But it wasn't very long before I actually fell in love with it, it was such a great car.

The other good thing is, if God forbid you're ever in a wreck, you win.
Nope. No crumple zones, no airbags, crappy seatbelts, no intrusion protection in the doors, no collapsing steering column, and so on. If you get T-boned by a CRX you're toast.

If running about the forum, plopping out bits of twatery is your mission, you are doing a great job.

Nope. No crumple zones, no airbags, crappy seatbelts, no intrusion protection in the doors, no collapsing steering column, and so on. If you get T-boned by a CRX you're toast.
You are correct. nothing but 100% brittle like metal. About 4800 lbs though.
Most of it in the undercarriage and engine compartment where it won't do you any good.
What you are not counting on is the large interior space and the advantage of pure mass in a collision.

I could have run my 57 Chevy off the Empire State building or bashed it into a running train and come out of it with a bruise and a note to self to not do that again...

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

What difference does it make?

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

To me, none. To somebody who just threw three thousand bucks at it, quite a lot.
Get it? A "lot"? I kill me.

If running about the forum, plopping out bits of twatery is your mission, you are doing a great job.
Correcting inaccuracies wherever I find them.

The "twattery" is all on the other side.

Sorry to disappoint you.

You are correct. nothing but 100% brittle like metal. About 4800 lbs though.
Most of it in the undercarriage and engine compartment where it won't do you any good.
What you are not counting on is the large interior space and the advantage of pure mass in a collision.

I could have run my 57 Chevy off the Empire State building or bashed it into a running train and come out of it with a bruise and a note to self to not do that again...
Incorrect.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

F it is 42 yrs old...lol

Do you think it could stand? It could fly?

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

To me, none. To somebody who just threw three thousand bucks at it, quite a lot.
3K is chump change. To you it is probably more than you will earn in a lifetime.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

3K is chump change. To you it is probably more than you will earn in a lifetime.

It's less than I've spend on any of my cars, but still $3K is $3K, if I'm gonna drop it on a 42 year old car --- or even a ten year old car --- I want to know its history.

the toronado was the most beautiful olds ever made
View attachment 370263
I respectfully disagree.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

It's less than I've spend on any of my cars, but still $3K is $3K, if I'm gonna drop it on a 42 year old car --- or even a ten year old car --- I want to know its history.
It's a one owner vehicle. Original owner is dead. Died of natural causes. Never wrecked, original miles, stored in an argon gas bubble.
NO YOU CAN NOT BUY IT, SEE IT IN PERSON, OR EVEN RIDE IN IT.

POM invited me to come with him on a drive. I had to pass. I am not worthy.

Persistence Of Memory , AMIRITE?

Forum List

Back