Look what I just picked up. A 1978 Regency Brougham with 12k original miles.

In the early 80's , I owned a 1973 Olds 98. Good car. However, they were downsized considerably for the 1977 model year.

I love finding these gems. Bought it from a dealer in NY for 2800 dollars delivered. 403 purrs and purrs.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243
View attachment 370244View attachment 370246View attachment 370247
SWEET RIDE BFADM!
DUDE!!!!.....You goanna stay right? I need you in Badlands on that 3000 page thread. TickyTavy is there fall down drunk leader...lol......Mindful and Cyndi Who and I laugh a lot there.

The other good thing is, if God forbid you're ever in a wreck, you win.
Nope. No crumple zones, no airbags, crappy seatbelts, no intrusion protection in the doors, no collapsing steering column, and so on. If you get T-boned by a CRX you're toast.

CRX?
What year? 1983 LOL. If a CRX t-boned this OldsmoBuick I would be more concerned about the CRX... A 2300 lb car tangles with a 4800 lb car?

Thats like
Ray 'Boom Boom' Mancini vs. Duk Koo Kim...

the toronado was the most beautiful olds ever made
oldstorolksdjsdkl.jpg

Nope. No crumple zones, no airbags, crappy seatbelts, no intrusion protection in the doors, no collapsing steering column, and so on. If you get T-boned by a CRX you're toast.
You are correct. nothing but 100% brittle like metal. About 4800 lbs though.
Most of it in the undercarriage and engine compartment where it won't do you any good.

CRX?
What year? 1983 LOL. If a CRX t-boned this OldsmoBuick I would be more concerned about the CRX... A 2300 lb car tangles with a 4800 lb car?

Thats like
Ray 'Boom Boom' Mancini vs. Duk Koo Kim...
Wouldn't do the crx any good either.

I love finding these gems. Bought it from a dealer in NY for 2800 dollars delivered. 403 purrs and purrs.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243
SWEET RIDE BFADM!
DUDE!!!!.....You goanna stay right? I need you in Badlands on that 3000 page thread. TickyTavy is there fall down drunk leader...lol......Mindful and Cyndi Who and I laugh a lot there.
Come with me Propofol. We'll leave POM behind with his big car. :hhello:

Most of it in the undercarriage and engine compartment where it won't do you any good.
I don't worry about accidents. This car won't be driven much. I'll sell it in about a year and find another. Hell I have 8 of them...lol

What you are not counting on is the large interior space and the advantage of pure mass in a collision.

Pom. We had a light blue Caddy. Looked almost identical. The interior was the same. Huge long hood. Only thing wrong with it, was the interior fabric was coming down. Great ride. Heavy car. Gas hound. I couldn't reach the gas pedals. But it was fun for awhile. We sold it to an old guy who tooled around in it for years.. I would much rather have an old beetle bug. whah ha ha. :hhello:

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

Where's it been kept for these 42 years??

And how dry-rotted are those whitewalls?
This was from a lot. Tires are newer. Though the 12k cannot be authenticated, I am now the second owner. First owner was named like, Elmer Jones...lol

Drivers seat has no wear, passenger like new. Engine is clean

Aren't you curious where it spent 42 years? Because it cannot have been on a lot. It would be covered in mildew and mouse turds and sunlight fading at the least. Not to mention what's happened to the fluids.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

This was from a lot. Tires are newer. Though the 12k cannot be authenticated, I am now the second owner. First owner was named like, Elmer Jones...lol

Aren't you curious where it spent 42 years? Because it cannot have been on a lot. It would be covered in mildew and mouse turds and sunlight fading at the least. Not to mention what's happened to the fluids.
I can't hire a private investigator to find out. It is only a 3 k car. Ya can barely buy a pos for 3k...lol

I hired a mechanic to inspect the car by the local car lot. He said the cars there are decent. He thoroughly inspected it and told me if I didn't buy it he would.

I've probably bought 20 cars in the last 10 yrs, a lot sight unseen. A local mechanic is paid to go over the car. The brake lines are original but in decent shape. Those will be replaced. Other than the headliner needs replaced, not much at all left. Little surface rust.

F it is 42 yrs old...lol

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

I can't hire a private investigator to find out. It is only a 3 k car. Ya can barely buy a pos for 3k...lol

I hired a mechanic to inspect the car by the local car lot. He said the cars there are decent. He thoroughly inspected it and told me if I didn't buy it he would.

I've probably bought 20 cars in the last 10 yrs, a lot sight unseen. A local mechanic is paid to go over the car. The brake lines are original but in decent shape. Those will be replaced. Other than the headliner needs replaced, not much at all left. Little surface rust.

F it is 42 yrs old...lol
Pogo doesn't like it, so you should sell it.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

F it is 42 yrs old...lol
Pogo doesn't like it, so you should sell it.

Pfeh. It's an autonomic transmission, I don't want nuttin' to do wit it. :puke:

But I do know what happens when a car sits for 42 years.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

F it is 42 yrs old...lol

What's it smell like?

New Topics

Forum List

Back