Look at all the pretty windmills....

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
Sitting idle because the wind is blowing too hard! This is west of Amarillo at 9:54 Veterans Day 2019.

Attachments

• 20191111_095351.jpg
    20191111_095351.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Sitting idle because the wind is blowing too hard! This west of Amarillo at 9:54 Veterans Day 2019.

Wow, 9:54 I gotta write that down. Bet this has never happened before ever. What a historic event. I tell ya the photographer who got that shot is set up for life. He'll be famous forever.

And he's ensured of not getting cancer from the sound too. :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• 20191111_100252.jpg
    20191111_100252.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 128
Sitting idle because the wind is blowing too hard! This west of Amarillo at 9:54 Veterans Day 2019.
And? :dunno:

Old school windmills seem to work just fine. This little sucker, right alongside the big boys, was happily moving water.
Okay. And?

Merely pointing out how worthless wind farms are. They cost more energy to produce than they ever create.

This is an example why.

Old school windmills seem to work just fine. This little sucker, right alongside the big boys, was happily moving water.
Okay. And?

Merely pointing out how worthless wind farms are. They cost more energy to produce than they ever create.

This is an example why.

You may have a point here. Clearly the wind farm of your posts cost more time to read than it's worth.

I understand reading them gives you cancer too.

Okay. And?

This is an example why.
Sounds like Congress...............

Okay. And?

This is an example why.

Yeah, it does, doesn't it!

Okay. And?

This is an example why.

Oh and the lie that wind turbines cost more than the energy they produce has already been exposed. The lie is based on a scientific essay written by David Hughes, published in 2009 and taken completely out of context. Hughes has stated so. At least fifty studies have shown that wind turbines produce at minimum 20% more energy than it cost to build them. That is taking into account maintenance and their average life span of twenty years.

Okay. And?

This is an example why.

Oh and the lie that wind turbines cost more than the energy they produce has already been exposed. The lie is based on a scientific essay written by David Hughes, published in 2009 and taken completely out of context. Hughes has stated so. At least fifty studies have shown that wind turbines produce at minimum 20% more energy than it cost to build them. That is taking into account maintenance and their average life span of twenty years.

But doesn't take into account the cost of disposal when they are retired. See where the blades are causing problems in the landfill world.

Okay. And?

This is an example why.

But doesn't take into account the cost of disposal when they are retired. See where the blades are causing problems in the landfill world.
Nobody said it was perfect, look how long it took to get to where we are now in many ways and in many fields, it takes time, money and effort and there are a lot of missteps along the way. We fuck up we learn....... well, in some areas....... Hell it's not like they're trying to perfect a DVD rewinder..........

Germany is pulling the plug on windmills...Enercon is cutting 3000 jobs because the government is cutting subsidies...Windmills are only a good investment if government is subsidizing them...the private sector is smart enough to avoid them like the plague is there is no government money in the deal...

Germany jumped on the wind bandwagon to a greater extent than most countries and now the chickens have come home to roost...German citizens are paying some of the highest energy prices in the world for unreliable energy..

This is an example why.

Nobody said it was perfect, look how long it took to get to where we are now in many ways and in many fields, it takes time, money and effort and there are a lot of missteps along the way. We fuck up we learn....... well, in some areas....... Hell it's not like they're trying to perfect a DVD rewinder..........

I agree on the time aspect. 300 years isn't enough? Windmills are great for local usage, like the water pumping one I posted, but for large scale electricity production they are less than useless. They are a fraud. Reno bought 4 of them at huge cost and after three years they pulled them down because they calculated they would need 200 years to repay their cost, and maintenance expenditures.

I agree on the time aspect. 300 years isn't enough? Windmills are great for local usage, like the water pumping one I posted, but for large scale electricity production they are less than useless. They are a fraud. Reno bought 4 of them at huge cost and after three years they pulled them down because they calculated they would need 200 years to repay their cost, and maintenance expenditures.
Oh look, an anecdote. Then why does one of the largest wind farms in the world -- in my home State -- not just persist, but continue to grow?

Sorry, my anecdote obliterates your anecdote. Back to square one, for you.

Oh look, an anecdote. Then why does one of the largest wind farms in the world -- in my home State -- not just persist, but continue to grow?

Sorry, my anecdote obliterates your anecdote. Back to square one, for you.

Government subsidies. Look it up. I dare you.

Forum List

Back