London Terrorists Identified

red states rule

May 30, 2006
The terrorists who wanted to blow jets out of the sky have been identified. There names and addreses were printed in The Guardian

Does anyone see a common link to these terrorist pigs?

It would be a good idea to dust of the profile book at airports.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,,1842393,00.html
The Bank of England named and froze the assets of 19 of the 24 air terror suspects today.
Acting under the instruction of the chancellor, Gordon Brown, and on the advice of the police and security services, the bank froze the assets of 19 of those arrested yesterday in connection with an alleged plot to blow up passenger jets leaving UK airports for the US.

It acted under powers granted by the United Nations to tackle the financing of terrorism in the wake of September 11.

The oldest of the named suspects is 35 and the youngest 17. Thirteen are from east London - nine from Walthamstow, one from Chingford, one from Leyton, one from the Limehouse and Poplar area and one from Clapton.

Four are from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, and the other two are from Birmingham and Stoke Newington, north London.

More suspects may have their assets frozen, said Treasury spokesman Nic Stevenson. "The list may grow bigger as the process evolves," he said.

In Pakistan, a senior government official confirmed that seven people had been arrested in connection with the plot, including two British citizens.

The arrests were made in the eastern city of Lahore and in Karachi, Pakistan's main port on the Arabian Sea.

The two Britons, of Pakistani origin, were arrested a week ago, the official said. The five Pakistanis were arrested on suspicion that they had served as local "facilitators" for the two Britons. It wasn't clear when they had been detained.

Rasheed Ahmed, a member of the Pakistani government, confirmed that the country's intelligence agencies had passed on information about the plot obtained from people - including British nationals - arrested in Pakistan.

"Mostly they were British national and Pakistani religious people who have been arrested before and from there our agencies got some clues and that was shared with the British and American agencies," he told the BBC's Today programme.

Two of the men arrested in Britain on suspicion of being involved in the plot were converts to Islam. Ibrahim Savant, from Walthamstow, east London, changed his name from Oliver when he converted, according to neighbours.

The 25-year-old student, whose Muslim wife is reportedly pregnant, was arrested at his family home in Folkestone Road.

Another convert was called Don Stewart-Whyte until he changed his name to Adbul Waheed after converting to Islam around six months ago. The 21-year-old was arrested during a raid at a house in Hepplewhite Close, High Wycombe.

Another of those arrested in Walthamstow was said to be a young mother, though Scotland Yard has not officially confirmed this.

Imtiaz Qadir, from the Waltham Forest Islamic Association, said the woman was in her early 20s and had a six-month-old baby.

"A young Muslim lady was arrested, and she has a six-month-old child," he said. "They have taken the child too, because it needs to be with its mother."

Mr Qadir added: "I know five of the men very well and they are really respectable young Muslim men. I am totally shocked. I don't believe they've done anything to warrant this."

Peter Clarke, head of Scotland Yard's anti-terrorist branch, has said all the arrests were made on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.

Under new anti-terror laws, police have up to 28 days to question the suspects before deciding whether to charge or release them.

Ed Balls, the economic secretary to the Treasury, said accounts held by the 19 named suspects with UK financial institutions had been frozen until further notice.

"The Treasury will review the need for further use of our asset-freezing powers as we receive further advice from the police and security services," he said.

In a statement on its website, the Bank of England said it had directed that none of the frozen funds "should be made available, directly or indirectly to any person, except under the authority of a licence".

It added: "Financial institutions and other persons are requested to check whether they maintain any accounts or otherwise hold any funds, other financial assets, economic benefits and economic resources for the individuals named and, if so, they should freeze the accounts or other funds and report their findings to the Bank of England."

Here are the names, released today by the Bank of England, of 19 of the 24 arrested airline terror suspects who have had their assets frozen on the orders of Chancellor Gordon Brown:

· Abdula Ahmed Ali
DoB: 10/10/1980
Address: Walthamstow, London;

· Cossor Ali
DoB: 04/12/1982
Address: London E17;

&149; Shazad Khuram Ali
D#oB: 11/06/1979
Address: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire;

· Nabeel Hussain
DoB: 10/03/1984
Address: London E4;

· Tanvir Hussain
DoB: 21/02/1981
Address: Leyton, E10;

· Umair Hussain
DoB: 09/10/1981
Address: London E14;

· Umar Islam
DoB: 23/04/1978

· Waseem Kayani
DoB: 28/04/1977

· Assan Abdullah Khan
DoB: 24/10/1984

· Waheed Arafat Khan
DoB: 18/05/1981

· Osman Adam Khatib
DoB: 07/12/1986

· Abdul Muneem Patel
DoB: 17/04/1989
Address: London E5;

· Tayib Rauf
DoB: 26/04/1984
Address: Birmingham;

· Muhammed Usman Saddique
DoB: 23/04/1982
Address: Walthamstow E17;

· Assad Sarwar
DoB: 24/05/1980

· Ibrahim Savant
DoB: 19/12/1980

· Amin Asmin Tariq;
DoB: 07/06/1983
Address: Walthamstow E17;

· Shamin Mohammed Uddin
DoB: 22/11/1970
Address: Stoke Newington, London;

· Waheed Zaman
DoB: 27/05/1984
Address: London E17.

Whatever happened to innocent before proven guilty? These guys are arrested on suspicion of being terrorists. Until they are brought to trial, and formally convicted, then all we can say for sure is that they damn well appear to be up to no good.

Whatever happened to innocent before proven guilty? These guys are arrested on suspicion of being terrorists. Until they are brought to trial, and formally convicted, then all we can say for sure is that they damn well appear to be up to no good.

They were only caught with all the material to make the bombs, the money was traced to them from terrorist states, the police LISTENED TO THEIR PHONE CALLS, and moved when they got the order to proceed with the attacks

Looks like a solid case to me

I wonder how the libs feel about phone taps, tracking money, and the Patriot Act today?

This is telling what London and the rest of the world is up against

http://newsbusters.org/node/6899

Appeasement Mentality Should Have Economic Price for U.K.
Posted by Amanda Justice on August 10, 2006 - 18:31.
(h/t: MsUnderestimated.) Today on Neal Cavuto, the usual panel was on, including Ben Stein and Stuart Varney. The topic was whether or not the events of yesterday and today would have an impact on our economic outlook. Ben Stein talked about a nation “bound together by the silk and threads of airline travel,” and how when those threads are frayed, it will strain us. However, he opined that if we let that happen, the terrorists win. (brief video to follow from MsUnderestimated) Stuart Varney then talked about a recent poll of British Mulslims, and this even took my breath away!
Varney: I think that the British have to get used to the economic negative impact of having a large hostile and murderous minority living in their midst.

Stein: Bravo, bravo.

Varney: A recent poll of British Muslims found that 7% found suicide bombing acceptable; 20% found it acceptable if it was directed against the British military…

Cavuto: Really??

Varney: … and 37% found it acceptable if it was directed at British Jews!

Cavuto: Oh, my GOD!

Stein: (audible gasp of disbelief)

Varney: That means a half-million people in Britain have a near-Nazi mentality, and there’s an economic price for that situation.
I agree with Stuart. Whether it’s by force or consequence, the European countries as a whole will wind up paying a very dear economic price for their appeasement mentalities. Video here.

They were only caught with all the material to make the bombs, the money was traced to them from terrorist states, the police LISTENED TO THEIR PHONE CALLS, and moved when they got the order to proceed with the attacks

I wonder how the libs feel about phone taps, tracking money, and the Patriot Act today?

It may be a solid case, but it still does nothing to prove their innocence or guilt. We will have to wait for that to be determined.

All of the methods that they used were in place long before the Patriot Act. The Brits did it with warrants too (probably). What does that say about the unnecessary, illegal invasion into our privacy? I've said it before, and I'll say it again... If the government has a reason to be watching you, there is enough evidence for a subpoena.

Nothing like hearing libs support the Terrorist Bill Of Rights

So will the voters in November

It may be a solid case, but it still does nothing to prove their innocence or guilt. We will have to wait for that to be determined.

All of the methods that they used were in place long before the Patriot Act. The Brits did it with warrants too (probably). What does that say about the unnecessary, illegal invasion into our privacy? I've said it before, and I'll say it again... If the government has a reason to be watching you, there is enough evidence for a subpoena.

>"All of the methods that they used were in place long before the Patriot Act."

-Correct, regardless of legality, wiretapping has been occurring since the 1960's.

>"The Brits did it with warrants too (probably)."

Yesterday British police also announced the arrest of another man, wanted in the United States for allegedly helping finance terrorist activity. Police said they had arrested a British man, Babar Ahmad, 30, wanted on terrorism charges in a warrant issued by a federal prosecutor in Connecticut, and that anti-terror officials were searching three "residential premises" and one business in southwest London on behalf of U.S. authorities.-

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cu...g06,0,5716884.story?coll=bal-attack-headlines

-There was a search warrant on only one guy, who was wanted on terrorism charges. So far i haven't seen any indication that warrants for surveillance or searching were used on any other people.

>"If the government has a reason to be watching you, there is enough evidence for a subpoena."

-Correct. But the luxury of "innocent until proven guilty" though physically is necessary, psychologically it is not. The guys are legally innocent until proven guilty... but the fact that a judge/jury says "guilty" or "not guilty" doesn't change the fact that everyone already knows these guys are guilty.

Johnny Cochran might be the only one who could be able to get these guys off the hook... but he's dead, so they're pretty much toast.

Liberals don't need to deny the facts in front of their eyes until a guy in a black robe says "guilty"... they dont seem to wait for the judge's decision when it has to do with charges of Guantanamo Bay torture, corruption (I haven't heard much of anything on the Abramoff scandal), 'illegal' wire-taps, and 'violations' of civil liberties. If its bad news for the President, they have the ink on the picketing signs and plane tickets to Crawford before they finish reading the New York Times article. But if its good news for the government, and bad news for the terrorists... they say "hold on a minute, this blatant undeniable proof isn't enough to say bad things about these poor Muslim men, the big guy in the black robe has to say "guilty", to talk about them negatively. And even then, they've gone through enough trouble, why should we talk about them at all? Lets all hug." or some shit like that.

This isn't a court of law, and it certainly isn't a court of law in England. I can say what I damn well please, and they look guilty as sin to me.

Notice how that didn't put any of them in prison?

And it is for the court system and trial by jury to determine their guilt or innocence based upon the weight of evidence against them.

So long as Chimpy and Co. OBEY THE LAW, as contained within the FISA Act and the four corners of the Constitution, they can tap all the phones they want. Otherwise they can piss up a rope.

No, just the Bill of Rights as enumerated in the Constitution.

So, when are you going to get your brown shirt and jack-boots?

Keep supporting US Constitutional rights for non US citizens who are terrorists

Keep showing what a bunch of wackos the kook left has become

Keep supporting US Constitutional rights for non US citizens who are terrorists

Keep showing what a bunch of wackos the kook left has become

You'll find those rights enumerated in various treaties which the US is signatory to, and thus carry the weight of the law of the land.

And I'll leave it to you to continue demonstrating the moral and intellectual banruptcy of America's right wing-nuts.

You'll find those rights enumerated in various treaties which the US is signatory to, and thus carry the weight of the law of the land.

And I'll leave it to you to continue demonstrating the moral and intellectual banruptcy of America's right wing-nuts.

Look like all the things the libs are opposed to, in fighting terrorism, was used to nail the terrorist pigs in London

I am sure those facts would make a great Republican ad

If the Brits did not have a warrent, John "Pretty Boy" Edwards can move to dismiss the charges

Thwarting the Airline Plot: Inside the Investigation
Exclusive: U.S. picked up the suspects' chatter and shared it with British authorities; new federal alert warns that peroxide-based explosives could also be employed in future attacks in the U.S.
By BRIAN BENNETT AND DOUGLAS WALLER/WASHINGTON

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1225453,00.html

Look like all the things the libs are opposed to, in fighting terrorism, was used to nail the terrorist pigs in London

If the Brits did not have a warrent, John "Pretty Boy" Edwards can move to dismiss the charges

Exclusive: U.S. picked up the suspects' chatter and shared it with British authorities; new federal alert warns that peroxide-based explosives could also be employed in future attacks in the U.S.

Having read the story, I found no indictation that illegal meathods were used to gather evidence. Perhaps YOU should read the story before you post it. Dismissed.

Having read the story, I found no indictation that illegal methods were used to gather evidence. Perhaps YOU should read the story before you post it. Dismissed.

Having read the story, I found no indictation that illegal methods were used to gather evidence. Perhaps YOU should read the story before you post it. Dismissed.

Try reading the header:

We listened in on their calls! GASP!

the english legal system is not subject to us rule of law....

I find it outrageous that ll you libs scream loody murder about 'innocent until proven guilty' when it comes to terrorist who were caught in the act of trying to blow up a plane, but the same luxury is not afforded to any member of the Republican party for things such as the non-crime of mentioning Valerie Plame's name or the non-crime that Tom Delay was accused of.

I find it outrageous that ll you libs scream loody murder about 'innocent until proven guilty' when it comes to terrorist who were caught in the act of trying to blow up a plane, but the same luxury is not afforded to any member of the Republican party for things such as the non-crime of mentioning Valerie Plame's name or the non-crime that Tom Delay was accused of.

:clap:

I'm a civil libertarian but a case for profiling could be made on those grounds as well. If we use positive profiling so called "law abiding Muslims" could be cleared along with the rest of us, and then we could kick ass on the Islamofaschitheads.

Since this president enjoys making new departments and cabinet posts how about one whose duty is to identify people who have flown and traveled without incident and exempting them from the TSA/Homeland Security Gestapo techniques so they can focus on the real enemy?

Forum List

Back