lol watching the Olympics

and all of those little glow in the dark people came from Chernobyl, right?

ok... the ballet was great...

but damn this is to fucking LONG!!!

Last edited:
The weird industrial Communist part of the "history" of Russia was pretty cool looking, with the crazy gears and cranes and wheels...

And guys pretending to hammer things...

So? It's been a pretty good opening ceramonies since I've seen.

It's been way too political though. The whole point of the Olympics is to set aside politics and celebrate our common humanity.

Yea I agree, but I just posted it because I having been reading about the hotel nightmares in sochi this past week. And that snafu will be talked about this week. It was kind of funny.

Funny? More like hilarious.

It was ok. Maybe im just jaded from Chinas opening ceremony. That floor is sick though.

Last edited:
Stopped watching the Olympics when they stopped being the Olympics by allowing professionals in.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Someone else who remembers the days when the Olympics was true competition. It was a sad day when professional athletes were allowed to steal the show.

Stopped watching the Olympics when they stopped being the Olympics by allowing professionals in.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Someone else who remembers the days when the Olympics was true competition. It was a sad day when professional athletes were allowed to steal the show.

Let me second that applause. I thought that was the biggest bunch of bullshit imaginable when they started allowing professional athletes to compete.

In Praise Of Sochi Schadenfreude: Why We Should Celebrate Russia's Failure
Within a decade China will be hosting a 365 day Olympic Games. Sort like an Olympic 'Disneyland'.
No other country will be bothered nor will be able to afford the billions of dollars any more.
The Olympic Games are already pretty much irrelevant. Any world class athletic is saying: "I can make millions of endorsement bucks traveling around the world showing up at 'sports shows' and luxury resorts. Why should I go to a shit hole like sochi and drink piss from the water taps and break my neck trying to avoid the feral dog shit on the down hill?"

I was watching the opening ceremony, and it looks like they made some changes in the protocol. I recall in the past calling out the participating nations in Alphabetical order. Apparently, today they did it differently. They started with the A's, B's ...etc, then at some point they jumped to the US Virgin Islands, then they backtracked, and at one point they had not finished with the D's, E's or F's, and they went to Germany? I'm curious to know what system they used in determining the order in which the nations were called?

Could that opening scene with the Russian alphabet have something to do with it?
I thought about that, but then I thought about Nagano (Japan) which hosted the 1998 Winter Olympics. Japan did not use their own alphabet when calling out the nations. They used the standard (English) alphabet, calling out all nations in English Alphabetical order with the exception of Greece.

So that's why I wonder why the change in protocol? :eusa_eh:

The Japanese alphabet isn't the ABCs.

Forum List

Back