lol watching the Olympics

Stopped watching the Olympics when they stopped being the Olympics by allowing professionals in.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Someone else who remembers the days when the Olympics was true competition. It was a sad day when professional athletes were allowed to steal the show.

Let me second that applause. I thought that was the biggest bunch of bullshit imaginable when they started allowing professional athletes to compete.

One good thing to come out of Sochi is that the Gays did not get their way - Nobody boycotted the games because of some perceived mistreatment of Perverts.

I was watching the opening ceremony, and it looks like they made some changes in the protocol. I recall in the past calling out the participating nations in Alphabetical order. Apparently, today they did it differently. They started with the A's, B's ...etc, then at some point they jumped to the US Virgin Islands, then they backtracked, and at one point they had not finished with the D's, E's or F's, and they went to Germany? I'm curious to know what system they used in determining the order in which the nations were called?

They announced them in the order that they came out of the bathrooms. Some cultures take longer.

Stopped watching the Olympics when they stopped being the Olympics by allowing professionals in.

Someone else who remembers the days when the Olympics was true competition. It was a sad day when professional athletes were allowed to steal the show.

Let me second that applause. I thought that was the biggest bunch of bullshit imaginable when they started allowing professional athletes to compete.
The USSR was the first country to use professional athletes (hockey players) to compete and who were the Olympic officials who were bought off to turn the other way? Once the USSR was allowed it opened the door for everyone.

And the embarrassment continue's for the Russin's, the Olympic symbol didn't work in the air.

lol...this clusterfuck is supposed to be the Pootin's and the American right's grand return to world domination. Next time maybe he'll use compact flourescents.

The USSR was the first country to use professional athletes (hockey players) to compete and who were the Olympic officials who were bought off to turn the other way? Once the USSR was allowed it opened the door for everyone.

Ahh the only reason we sent ours is was because we were tired of getting our butt kicked in basketball.

And the embarrassment continue's for the Russin's, the Olympic symbol didn't work in the air.

lol...this clusterfuck is supposed to be the Pootin's and the American right's grand return to world domination. Next time maybe he'll use compact flourescents.

Check outside the short bus is waiting for you. What does the right have to do with the Olympics?

Could that opening scene with the Russian alphabet have something to do with it?
I thought about that, but then I thought about Nagano (Japan) which hosted the 1998 Winter Olympics. Japan did not use their own alphabet when calling out the nations. They used the standard (English) alphabet, calling out all nations in English Alphabetical order with the exception of Greece.

So that's why I wonder why the change in protocol? :eusa_eh:

The Japanese alphabet isn't the ABCs.
True. Neither is the Russian alphabet:
russian_alphabet.jpg

The Japanese also have their own alphabet and rules for alphabetical order, but they instead used the standard 26 letter (English) alphabet in 1998 Nagano. I guess it was part of the rules for the Winter Olympics? I am not sure.
Alphabetical Order | Resources | japanese-lesson.com

So for the 2014 Olympics they must have changed the rules for the order in which to introduce the participating nations, I googled for related rule changes and could not find any? :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
The Olympics are only legit if there are second rate athletes competing, instead of top shelf pros? Thanks. but I like it the way it is now, you know, with the best people competing.

I think it's up to the Olympic committee. The "official" languages of the Olympic Games are English, French, and the language of the host country - I'm fairly sure that they have the choice of doing "alphabetical order" in any of the "official" languages.

And as always, Greece enters first, and the host country enters last.

It is supposed to be non professional's it even's the score and like someone posted the goodwill of the game's. It is supposed to be a friendly compition.

I think it's up to the Olympic committee. The "official" languages of the Olympic Games are English, French, and the language of the host country - I'm fairly sure that they have the choice of doing "alphabetical order" in any of the "official" languages.

And as always, Greece enters first, and the host country enters last.
Makes sense! That explains Japan using the English alphabet, and Russia using the Russian alphabet.

It is supposed to be non professional's it even's the score and like someone posted the goodwill of the game's. It is supposed to be a friendly compition.

Michael Jordan can be part of a friendly competition?....and why does it need to be amateurs? Why? The olympics were started for the purpose of determining who the best athlete's are, which are clearly the pros. We are looking to see what the human potential is.

Ice skating is so gay, look at this U.S. guy's hair style. .. a flash back to 1982.

Michael Jordan can be part of a friendly competition?....and why does it need to be amateurs? Why? The olympics were started for the purpose of determining who the best athlete's are, which are clearly the pros. We are looking to see what the human potential is.

No it wasn't. It was not to be the best of the best. That was for pro athlete's

The dream team one was cool in a way, but sucked in a way.... what was the point? Except we invented basketball and dominated with our pro's who make million's a year doing it

I think you need a history lesson on ancient Greece.

The dream team one was cool in a way, but sucked in a way.... what was the point? Except we invented basketball and dominated with our pro's who make million's a year doing it

Soccer isnt a popular sport in the US, and it wasnt invented in the US, yet its in the olympics too. Some cultures will be better at certain sports. We compete to find out which nation is the best, so let the best compete.

I think you need a history lesson on ancient Greece.

Ya need a history lesson why it came back

Soccer isnt a popular sport in the US, and it wasnt invented in the US, yet its in the olympics too. Some cultures will be better at certain sports. We compete to find out which nation is the best, so let the best compete.

Like we give a fuck about football (soccer to the U.S.)

Forum List

Back