lol watching the Olympics

And the embarrassment continue's for the Russin's, the Olympic symbol didn't work in the air.

I was watching the opening ceremony, and it looks like they made some changes in the protocol. I recall in the past calling out the participating nations in Alphabetical order. Apparently, today they did it differently. They started with the A's, B's ...etc, then at some point they jumped to the US Virgin Islands, then they backtracked, and at one point they had not finished with the D's, E's or F's, and they went to Germany? I'm curious to know what system they used in determining the order in which the nations were called?

I was watching the opening ceremony, and it looks like they made some changes in the protocol. I recall in the past calling out the participating nations in Alphabetical order. Apparently, today they did it differently. They started with the A's, B's ...etc, then at some point they jumped to the US Virgin Islands, then they backtracked, and at one point they had not finished with the D's, E's or F's, and they went to Germany? I'm curious to know what system they used in determining the order in which the nations were called?

Could that opening scene with the Russian alphabet have something to do with it?

So? It's been a pretty good opening ceramonies since I've seen.

It's been way too political though. The whole point of the Olympics is to set aside politics and celebrate our common humanity.

So? It's been a pretty good opening ceramonies since I've seen.

It's been way too political though. The whole point of the Olympics is to set aside politics and celebrate our common humanity.

Yea I agree, but I just posted it because I having been reading about the hotel nightmares in sochi this past week. And that snafu will be talked about this week. It was kind of funny.

Could that opening scene with the Russian alphabet have something to do with it?
I thought about that, but then I thought about Nagano (Japan) which hosted the 1998 Winter Olympics. Japan did not use their own alphabet when calling out the nations. They used the standard (English) alphabet, calling out all nations in English Alphabetical order with the exception of Greece.

So that's why I wonder why the change in protocol? :eusa_eh:

Wow no one watching the Olympics? What the hell is every one watching on here stupid stuff.?

My daughter said Team USA took the ugly Christmas sweater to the Olympics.

What sucks is that once again NBC Sports is showing the Olympics. How many years have they had the games? During that time I suspect that if you took all the hours of programming, you would find that over 70 percent of the coverage would be interviews with athletes, 20 percent or more commercials and the rest actual games. If they are only going to do interviews, why bother calling it the games?

half an hour into this BS.... and still no olympics. Who the hell wants to listen to obama jabber.....

Forum List

Back