Lockdowns Did Not Work

Guy thinks he's being clever. The death rate would naturally be fairly constant everywhere among positive cases. Only a disingenuous asshole would use that single factor to make such a broad declaration. Slowing the rate of spread is key.
Science says otherwise.
You say otherwise. I'm using science to critically examine the claim which is lacking the correct data points and proper statistical analysis. There's no way to even make that deterination until it's over and all the growth curves are lined up and adjusted for the incubation period of the virus plotted against when the various lockdown orders were implemented.
Herd immunity is the only way to ensure effective immunity for a population.
Not only will a population acquire immunity for this year but as the virus mutates and reappears in a slightly different form in subsequent seasons immune systems will still have resistance.
Through quarantines and lockdowns we achieve a partial immunity which will almost certainly ensure another outbreak in the fall...which is exactly what we will have.
"Herd immunity" is the same as saying that the many inevitable deaths are acceptable losses simply because saving them is too hard.

no. Any virus can be lethal to a population. But on the lethality spectrum, this one is one the lower end by far. It isn’t Ebola, it isn’t Marburg, it isn’t MERS or Smallpox either. Those are virtual death sentences. We would be absolutely fucked if any of those were in the mix.

but we can’t keep hiding under a bed & shutting down our society like this. We have to use our brains & come up with a strategy to live with this until a vaccine or better treatment options become available. This lockdown was to flatten the curve. Ok we are well on our way towards doing it. Now, we need to move forward. That’s why we are testing for antibodies. To see what kind of herd immunity we have.

First day of no new cases. Lockdowns don't work? Pffft...
covid-19-case-data-new-confirmed-probable-23apr20_1.png

New confirmed and probable cases over time, as at 9.00 am, 23 April 2020
COVID-19 - current cases

So you are saying that I have an equal chance of catching the virus if I'm at home alone or if I'm in a packed football stadium? :eusa_think:

My brother is a cop. He, of course, is still out there on the streets 50 hours a week interacting with people. He and several members of his squad did come down with what was presumed to be the flu back around the first of the year (though he has been wondering if they all really had COVID-19, but it allegedly wasn't here yet), but aside from that he has not been sick. His wife has not been sick. None of their four kids have been sick. I've been running with him about every other day and my wife, son, and I have been over to their house once a week for dinner. None of us have been sick.

That's not really meant to answer your question, but rather give you perspective.

A number of doctors have said that keeping people cooped up indoors has only prolonged this whole thing or made it worse. But of course one of the agendas is to get the whole world to take the vaccine which will make the main crooks behind this whole thing a massive fortune.

Everyone should watch this. It's coming from a very different perspective. She is Australian, a vegan and lives off grid.

Last edited:

This is science NOT opinion.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!

Working in NZ and Australia. Curve is bottoming out...

The problem is that you are driven by money, not moral fortitude...

The article was correct, we allowed a select few doctors, high on hubris, to cite really bad data, and grossly exaggerate the threat, the deaths and the spread of the infection. We also allowed politicians to get high on the feeling of power, to order their citizens around like year old toddlers, and allowed other politicians to loot the treasury.

I think the reaction down here - especially NZ - was excessive. Data wasn't bad or exaggerated. You have 900,000 infected over six weeks. I'd call that a pandemic.

You start to lose me when you get into the conspiracy theory nonsense.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!

Adventures in Cherry Picking..cool, I like that movie. Those red states that didn't implement those stay at home orders are experiencing their own surges right now. Look at the numbers from April 6th.
43 states now have stay-at-home orders for coronavirus. These are the 7 that don't.

North Dakota is having a surge.

Fucking funny.

Why isn’t this making the news???

April Fools joke. Knew the mic was hot.

I just watched a segment with a Stanford Professor claiming over 5.6 percent of Los Angeles County was infected with the virus and we don’t have a real disaster as the models suggest, I know no one with the virus, only stories of people I know who know someone, I don’t doubt the virus is contagious, but is it as bad as the effects it’s creating, that’s the real issue...

Open the country!

I am still getting paid. It’s lives vs lives not lives vs money.

So you are saying that I have an equal chance of catching the virus if I'm at home alone or if I'm in a packed football stadium? :eusa_think:

My brother is a cop. He, of course, is still out there on the streets 50 hours a week interacting with people. He and several members of his squad did come down with what was presumed to be the flu back around the first of the year (though he has been wondering if they all really had COVID-19, but it allegedly wasn't here yet), but aside from that he has not been sick. His wife has not been sick. None of their four kids have been sick. I've been running with him about every other day and my wife, son, and I have been over to their house once a week for dinner. None of us have been sick.

That's not really meant to answer your question, but rather give you perspective.
I had the virus and recovered from it. Only difference between it and a bad cold for me was the rapid weight loss and complete lack of appetite. Never had a fever but wanted to sleep all the time. Like a bad hangover.

Open the country!

Oh they're workin alright
monkeysonthemenu.png

controlavirus.jpg

Open the country!

That is a straw man argument and a method of deflection in order to avoid having to address the evidence presented because you don’t want to accept the fact that you could possibly be wrong

What makes the lockdowns a curious form of dark humor is the very things that should have been locked down was mass transit! Can you picture the "rube" on his Wyoming ranch wondering why the fool in New York doesn't want the ranch ten miles down the road to get a visit but lets the subways still run? The bus system is rolling along packed to the gills.

A hundred years from now historians will marvel at how civic leaders could be sooooo stupid. Or how the fuck anyone let these fools get away with it.

Forum List

Back